The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

I will probably change it again about 1,000 times but for now this is it
De Gea - Krul
Azpi - Debuchy - Cameron - Ward - Demel
Mata - Eriksen - De Jong - Shelvey - Tiote
Rooney - Costa - Adebayor

Team Value - 99.5m

I will probably make changes because Rooney is only picked if he starts striker and Mata will only be picked if he starts centrally. I will drop Ward and Demel for a 4.5m defender from same club if guaranteed starter and hopefully drop Azpi for a 5.5m Chelsea or United starter if one comes along. Also De Jong is only picked if he starts striker. If I can save 1.5m then I will put in Fabregas for De Jong.
I'm in.

Name: Qwerty_Mad FC. I'm going with the same name as the WC predictions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
I'm in both leagues.

The team name is Unbelievable Tekkers.

I am gonna change my team probably 1000 times but this is what I got so far

De Gea (Krul

Shaw Vlaar Bruce (Skertel Metersaker)

Eriksen Barkley Hazard Fabregas (Albrighton)

Jelavic Bony Rooney
Joined both leagues, team name "Black and Amber Army"

De Gea - Krul
Azpi - Debuchy - Cameron - Ward - Demel
Mata - Eriksen - De Jong - Shelvey - Tiote
Rooney - Costa - Adebayor

Team Value - 99.5m
Just in case people didn't notice, I made the deadline the start of the season for writing the team name in here (although kept the post count 500 at the end of September). Did this mainly as it's pretty easy to have more than one team and then pick the best one by September. Will be lenient though with people who have been in it before.

I will start adding a list of all those in the league in the OP to make it easier to see.

A few good teams knocking around.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Alex Doran
I will drop Ward and Demel for a 4.5m defender from same club if guaranteed starter and hopefully drop Azpi for a 5.5m Chelsea or United starter if one comes along.

Mariappa is your best bet there, he's more nailed on than Cameron is imo. As for United defence Rafael will start every game if fit (he's our only RB), only issue is he's a bit of a card magnet.
Original post by sr90
Mariappa is your best bet there, he's more nailed on than Cameron is imo. As for United defence Rafael will start every game if fit (he's our only RB), only issue is he's a bit of a card magnet.

I was waiting till after pres season for United because I was worried that LVG will move Jones to right back and buy new centre backs.
I have always said with defenders to get the cheapest players from the teams rather than get players like Cahill, Terry, Kompany or Baines. As soon as I know the starters from Palace, West Ham and Stoke I will pick the cheapest and see if I can swap De Jong for Fabregas or not.
Also I can only put in a United defender if I drop Rooney (which I will do if he does not start centrally.)
Reply 167
I was waiting till after pres season for United because I was worried that LVG will move Jones to right back and buy new centre backs.
I have always said with defenders to get the cheapest players from the teams rather than get players like Cahill, Terry, Kompany or Baines. As soon as I know the starters from Palace, West Ham and Stoke I will pick the cheapest and see if I can swap De Jong for Fabregas or not.
Also I can only put in a United defender if I drop Rooney (which I will do if he does not start centrally.)

According.to.gossip column LVG has bid for Vermalean and De Virjil
I put RVP in mostly due to LVG knowing him so i'm assuming deffo starter
Making a very premature team, will amend before the season starts. Team name will be Tekkerslovakia as per last year.
a little suprised by all those putting rooney in?

Is he priced well or something? (have not looked at players yet)

But just seemed risky to me, and like he was a crisis waiting to happen when paired against his new boss
Original post by fallen_acorns

But just seemed risky to me, and like he was a crisis waiting to happen when paired against his new boss

I really fancy United to sure things up this season. From what I saw at the world cup Van Gaal will look to sure things up at the back so I'll be probably going with a united defender/keeper and Mata if I can accommodate him.
Reply 171
changed my team again lool

i really need fpl to update soon
Original post by fallen_acorns

United have incredibly easy fixtures at the start of the season and RVP is injury prone, tired from a long world cup and REALLY expensive. People want a United striker and Rooney is the cheap one who has consistently scored goals.
I think if in preseason he isn't starting in a central role, most people will drop him. If he plays at striker then he will probably be the highest points scorer overall at the end.
Original post by Qari
changed my team again lool

i really need fpl to update soon

In the past I have messed around too many times pre-season with my team. This year I will just leave it until a few days before, otherwise I'll change it so many times and get rid of virtually every big scorer at some point :lol:
Reply 174
Original post by little_wizard123
In the past I have messed around too many times pre-season with my team. This year I will just leave it until a few days before, otherwise I'll change it so many times and get rid of virtually every big scorer at some point :lol:

last year after 1st gameweek i changed my team so many times i lost at least half the amount of points i got in the first gameweek
Joined the leagues with my team "IdontWannaFinishLast" :redface:

I slightly messed up last year in another league as I left it until after christmas to really update my team, and I had to struggle quite a bit to finish mid table :colondollar:

Yeh agree with you there, I usually get 1 premium def and fill the rest with cheapies. Last season I started off with Boruc Zabaleta (Ivanovic for GW1 as Chelsea had a DGW) Coleman Chester Shaw - that backline raked in the points.

On a related note this is what i'm on atm:

Begovic
Rafael Chester B.Davies
Hazard Arnie Eriksen Ramsey
Dzeko Costa Rooney

Bench: 4.0 keeper, Targett, Mariappa, Cork
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Yeh agree with you there, I usually get 1 premium def and fill the rest with cheapies. Last season I started off with Boruc Zabaleta (Ivanovic for GW1 as Chelsea had a DGW) Coleman Chester Shaw - that backline raked in the points.

On a related note this is what i'm on atm:

Begovic
Rafael Chester B.Davies
Hazard Arnie Eriksen Ramsey
Dzeko Costa Rooney

Bench: 4.0 keeper, Targett, Mariappa, Cork

The defence looks a bit weak to me and not the strongest bench but you have certainly got some of the best players in there.
I think Rafael (assuming he plays) and B.Davies will be fantastic buys this season and both managers usually sort out a defence pretty quick and they are cheap routes into very good defences.
Personally I would probably drop 1 of your big midfield 3 (Hazard) and get a slightly cheaper alternative and then just improve your bench, maybe get a rotation pair at the back for home games.

Personally I would probably drop 1 of your big midfield 3 (Hazard) and get a slightly cheaper alternative and then just improve your bench, maybe get a rotation pair at the back for home games.

Hazard undroppable IMO.

Jose loves him. I'd drop Ramsey before him considering how many midfielders Arsenal have in similar roles.

My first draft:

4.5/4.5
5/5/5/4.5/4
7/8/9/10
12.5/6/10.5

Will adjust the actual players closer to the time. Currently hoping a few transfers go through.
Reply 179
My current team.
If a couple od transfers happen it's going to be changed

Quick Reply

Latest