The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mubariz
*protego*

:cool:

Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
Original post by Motorbiker
"The bell doesn't dismiss you, I dismiss you."

Well, it's my next teacher that will be annoyed that i'm late so i'll just tell them it's your fault...

This continues to happen at university as well.

Lol I remember this, and yeah, we just blamed the other teacher as well. I think certain teachers, the staff disliked as well...
Original post by FishLover
"Would you like to share what you were whispering with the whole class?"

"Lets all listen to *X* since she seems to think whatever she's saying is more important than the lesson"

Y'kow the funny thing? When you're basically discussing the subject IN DEPTH because it's something you like, so you've done some of watching documentaries on and what not, and then you tell the teacher exactly what you said, and the look on their face is such a picture!
Original post by de_monies
Lol I remember this, and yeah, we just blamed the other teacher as well. I think certain teachers, the staff disliked as well...

The worst thing would be when the second teacher would then hold you back late on purpose just because you were late, even though it was not you fault. Especially when it was into break and we only had like 15 minutes. Losing 7 of those to a teacher is V annoying.
The annoying one I found was various incarnations of this situation

Kid A punches kid B

Kid B either retaliates or shouts out

Kid B gets punished alongside Kid A, with the teacher saying "you're both as bad as each other", "you're both immature", or if Kid B tries to explain the situation, "I don't care, you should both grow up."

I remember one time being aged 10, and this other kid sat next to me kept grabbing my thigh (we had to wear shorts at school) and squeezing it. I pushed him away and we both got a big rollocking, when I tried to explain to the teacher that it was rather annoying trying to do your work when someone was continually groping your thigh, she just said "well he just does it to get a reaction, don't give him one, just ignore it"

Now what that teacher did not suspect was going to happen, was that I was about to demonstrate why its annoying, by groping her thigh and pinching it in the same way.

Cue her exploding in rage, "how DARE you, do you have NO manners, go and see the headteacher now".

To which I said, "I was just doing it to get a reaction Miss, just ignore it....."
Reply 145
Several teachers at my school used to have their own catchphrases:

"And hush!"
"Hey you!"
"I'm hoping!"
"The bell is a signal for me and not for you!"

On a charity-funded "Soak A Teacher Day", students would chant the respective teacher's catchphrase as they were soaked. Fun times. :biggrin:
And another one

"Look, if you mess around its your loss not mine. I get paid anyway. I've done all my exams."

One time a kid then pipes up

"Yeah and you obv didn't do very well else you wouldn't have ended up as a teacher"
The worst for me was the teacher who would laugh along to the lads' antics instead of teaching me chemistry or would reply to a question 'Um.....' repeats herself and asked me 'Did that answer your question?' and when I replied no and provided a counter argument, she went to another pupil 'Is that right?' and she replied 'Yes, Amy is right.'
Original post by MagicNMedicine
The annoying one I found was various incarnations of this situation

Kid A punches kid B

Kid B either retaliates or shouts out

Kid B gets punished alongside Kid A, with the teacher saying "you're both as bad as each other", "you're both immature", or if Kid B tries to explain the situation, "I don't care, you should both grow up."

I remember one time being aged 10, and this other kid sat next to me kept grabbing my thigh (we had to wear shorts at school) and squeezing it. I pushed him away and we both got a big rollocking, when I tried to explain to the teacher that it was rather annoying trying to do your work when someone was continually groping your thigh, she just said "well he just does it to get a reaction, don't give him one, just ignore it"

Now what that teacher did not suspect was going to happen, was that I was about to demonstrate why its annoying, by groping her thigh and pinching it in the same way.

Cue her exploding in rage, "how DARE you, do you have NO manners, go and see the headteacher now".

To which I said, "I was just doing it to get a reaction Miss, just ignore it....."

That's amazing haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
The inevitable reply to the question 'Can I go to the bathroom' with some variant of 'I don't know if you can but you may' always annoys me. I want to empty my bladder, not hear your wise ass remarks. Also, the use of 'can' in this context is perfectly valid (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/can-or-may) and flows off the tongue better so eat it, teachers.
"And this is why you fail in the exams..."
Original post by Shelly_x
As a teacher, this thread makes me cringe slightly.

Have you been guilty, Shelly? :tongue:

Original post by CallMeJay
"You have no power here" lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

She actually does, but not in this section :tongue:
Reply 152
"You are not funny!!"

If I wasn't funny all my fellow class chums wouldn't have descended into relentless fits of laughter making it nessacary for you too tell me off.
You know in compulsory PE when they just split the class in half and throw them a ball? And then there's a two hour game between the two most competitive kids in the class while everyone else just relaxes?

We had this teacher who would stop us early and sit us down and say 'I'd be really ashamed if someone on my team didn't get a feel of the ball today' - used to eat into our break and piss us off so much!
Original post by SecretDuck
"Yes, Daft Question #268?"

"Do not interrupt!!!"

"You don't go to the bathroom, the bathroom goes to you!"

Just some of the many phrases I heard in school.

How on Earth does the second one make sense? I mean to me that's basially saying

"Pee any where. The bathroom comes to you, so the world is your bathroom"
"Stop being a naughty boy!"

:angry:
Go for the classic; "Hand in your homework"

Alarm-bells ring, got 3 mins to think up of a good excuse!
One of the more awesome things that a chemistry teacher said to me (Though chemistry teachers are always cool)

"If you don't do well in your chemistry GCSE's, you will fail and live life as a hobo"
Reply 158
"Listen carefully, I'm only going to explain this once."

Really great attitude for a teacher.
Shut up and arch your back, wait wut...

Latest