The Student Room Group

English Language Grade

Hi,

What grade do you think would I get for English language (AQA) this year?

I got an A in the coursework, and think I did enough to get an A* in the exam.

What grade would I most likely get?
Original post by RG110man
Hi,

What grade do you think would I get for English language (AQA) this year?

I got an A in the coursework, and think I did enough to get an A* in the exam.

What grade would I most likely get?

It completely depends on your UMS marks.
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
It completely depends on your UMS marks.

I know I got 66/80 for the coursework which is 33% of the course. For the paper, based on my mocks, I believe I got about 63/80

So:

Coursework: 66/80 = 33% of total course
Exam: 63/80 = 47.25% of total course

Overall: 33% + 47.25% = 80.25%
I know I got 66/80 for the coursework which is 33% of the course. For the paper, based on my mocks, I believe I got about 63/80

So:

Coursework: 66/80 = 33% of total course
Exam: 63/80 = 47.25% of total course

Overall: 33% + 47.25% = 80.25%

i dont think thats how it works... You got about 98 ums for controlled assessment. Depending on the grade boundaries 63 would defo be an A* however, i wouldn't know how high or low of an A* it would be but 63 looks about average middle A*... SO assuming you got a mid A* , you will have 171 UMS points for exam... so 98+171= 269 UMS (You need 270 for an A* overall) I think you're in for a shot an A* but if you do get it, it could only be by 2 or 4 UMS... OR VICE VERSA!!! good luck :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Angelo12231
i dont think thats how it works... You got about 98 ums for controlled assessment. Depending on the grade boundaries 63 would defo be an A* however, i wouldn't know how high or low of an A* it would be but 63 looks about average middle A*... SO assuming you got a mid A* , you will have 171 UMS points for exam... so 98+171= 269 UMS (You need 270 for an A* overall) I think you're in for a shot an A* but if you do get it, it could only be by 2 or 4 UMS... OR VICE VERSA!!! good luck :biggrin:

How did you manage to convert my raw mark to UMS? Is there an easy way of doing it?

EDIT: did you use this link: http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/UMS-GRADE-BOUNDARIES.PDF
(edited 9 years ago)
How did you manage to convert my raw mark to UMS? Is there an easy way of doing it?

EDIT: did you use this link: http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/UMS-GRADE-BOUNDARIES.PDF

well its pretty obvious since the course is outa 300 UMS and 90% is the A* :biggrin: also coursework is out of 120 and exam is outa 180
Reply 6
Original post by Angelo12231
well its pretty obvious since the course is outa 300 UMS and 90% is the A* :biggrin: also coursework is out of 120 and exam is outa 180

Oh yeah.. duh!!! Thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest