Original post by matthewduncan
If you put your hands on me im knocking you out man or woman

YESSS!
Original post by itsRochana
YESSS!

it would be rude not to
Reply 123
Original post by 8472
It isn't acceptable for man a to do it. But is for a woman. Just one of those things.

Why? That's stupid. It shouldn't be so.

Original post by 8472
Yep. Just like if there is a sinking ship with a man and a woman on but they can only save one it'll be the woman.

well that's also stupid.

Original post by Maid Marian
Let's be honest here: if a man slapped me, it would hurt much much more than if I slapped him.

So?

Original post by getfunky!
How can she slap?!

It was only a matter of time, somebody was always going to say that :teehee:
Original post by AlexKay99
I think this is hypocrisy, that because women should not be hit then they should not be given equality? What about the fact that we are all human beings? Does that not suffice? We are all different and unequal to each other if you think about it but that's no reason to deny fair treatment. (which doesn't involve hitting each other)

I agree that children need to learn their lesson but I'm not sure in what way. I think it best to let them know they've done wrong and if they do not learn then punish them. Certainly not hit them then and there, they'll most likely may get scared and confused and may never learn their lesson from it.

Actually my point was that if women want equality then they have to take the good with the bad. I never said anything about not giving them equality, apologies if that was a bit ambiguous.
I don't adhere to feminism (in a vague sense) because I think everyone deserves equality (racial, age-based, etc) instead of focusing on one area in particular. Everyone at some level is a feminist unless they're a hardcore misogynist, but I prefer to look to general equalism instead of prioritising equality for one group.
That being said, "you can't hit her back because she's a woman" flies in the face of that. Positive discrimination, surely? Ergo, it makes out that the sexes aren't equal, which completely undermines the core feminist ideal of equality for all.

I was hit as a child and I turned out fine. My parents knew the line between discipline and abuse, and never crossed it. Unfortunately there are those who never observe that line, and that's where physical discipline finds its' failings.
No but a woman can slap a man because they don't hit as hard so its fine imo.
Original post by Drunk Punx
Actually my point was that if women want equality then they have to take the good with the bad. I never said anything about not giving them equality, apologies if that was a bit ambiguous.
I don't adhere to feminism (in a vague sense) because I think everyone deserves equality (racial, age-based, etc) instead of focusing on one area in particular. Everyone at some level is a feminist unless they're a hardcore misogynist, but I prefer to look to general equalism instead of prioritising equality for one group.
That being said, "you can't hit her back because she's a woman" flies in the face of that. Positive discrimination, surely? Ergo, it makes out that the sexes aren't equal, which completely undermines the core feminist ideal of equality for all.

I was hit as a child and I turned out fine. My parents knew the line between discipline and abuse, and never crossed it. Unfortunately there are those who never observe that line, and that's where physical discipline finds its' failings.

I agree with your point on feminism. I feel the same way.
I now understand where your coming from about equality and hitting women, but I think may be its there to prevent excess harm. There are far too many 'woman-beaters' around these days who would be all too happy to be legalised.
I was learning about the Soviet Union, at one point women had such an equality that you speak of however domestic violence was never considered a crime in the USSR and the police just shrugged it off and said 'we don't meddle in the personal problems of families'. And that was it.
I do not condone violence and think it is wrong for EITHER man or woman to do it

HOWEVER

if a women slaps a man and he wanted to slap her back then that is fine
if she can do it so can he
If someone strikes you/attacks you, you are entitled to reasonable, measured, proportionate, self defense. Slapping someone for hurting your feelings is not proportionate. I'm sure that technically, in a court of law you could make a battery charge stand against someone who slapped you for being rude to them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Amphiprion
If someone strikes you/attacks you, you are entitled to reasonable, measured, proportionate, self defense. Slapping someone for hurting your feelings is not proportionate. I'm sure that technically, in a court of law you could make a battery charge stand against someone who slapped you for being rude to them.

I couldn't have worded it better myself. The only reason people don't make battery charge stands against people who slap them for being rude is that they generally realise they were wrong to do what they did to prompt the slap in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Men do not slap women, if a male slaps a woman he is not a man but a child who has not learnt to control himself. A female who slaps a man is also a child and if doing so because of hurt feelings they need to improve their language skills. Traditionally it has been acceptable to slap a male who insults you by making unwelcome physical advances but then the male has assaulted you.

As for automatically responding with violence if someone slaps you - more understandable but still juvenile.
Original post by The vampire
No but a woman can slap a man because they don't hit as hard so its fine imo.

Isn't that a reason for them NOT to slap a guy? You wouldn't punch Mike Tyson, would you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by matthewduncan
If you put your hands on me im knocking you out man or woman

This. This is how it works. Especially seen as though they are always claim that they are not treated equally. If you want to be treated equally you can't pick and choose in what departments you are equal in. Equal or not equal, no in between. If you choose equal expect fights

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by louieee
depends on the individual though doesn't it, I'm sure there are many many women out there that can hit harder than many men. And obviously it depends how hard they try to slap, I wouldn't imagine a 6ft gym lad would put as much effort into his slaps because he's probably aware of how much more damage and pain they'd cause, whereas generally a a much lighter female is required to put in near full effort in order to have a decent effect. In my opinion both genders should try to restrain from hitting but if need be, they should have equal rights in it as long as they keep the force down so as to not totally destroy the other's face.

Overall, I just think of the end damage it does to that person. For example, my bf is 6ft3 guy who lifts over 100kg at the gym. Even when we play fight, I tell him to stop sometimes because he doesn't know his own strength. However, me hitting him, like playfully when he says something cheeky to me, I swear sometimes he doesn't even notice. I've seen him back hand a very annoying teenager who was trying to take his phone on the street (he looked about 16-17 yrs old) and this guy staggered to the ground, so I can only imagine what a slap would do to me. He may not put a lot of effort into it, but there's a lot of people who don't know their own strength, and him not putting effort in, still could potentially do me damage.

We are both not violent people, so it's not really something I would worry about. I don't hit anyone, and he doesn't hit me.
Original post by stargirl63
Overall, I just think of the end damage it does to that person. For example, my bf is 6ft3 guy who lifts over 100kg at the gym. Even when we play fight, I tell him to stop sometimes because he doesn't know his own strength. However, me hitting him, like playfully when he says something cheeky to me, I swear sometimes he doesn't even notice. I've seen him back hand a very annoying teenager who was trying to take his phone on the street (he looked about 16-17 yrs old) and this guy staggered to the ground, so I can only imagine what a slap would do to me. He may not put a lot of effort into it, but there's a lot of people who don't know their own strength, and him not putting effort in, still could potentially do me damage.

We are both not violent people, so it's not really something I would worry about. I don't hit anyone, and he doesn't hit me.

I think the general attitude is, we will hit back - but we won't throw the first hit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It isn't acceptable for a man to slap a woman, and I don't believe it's acceptable for a woman to slap a man either, and it disgusts me when I see/hear other women say it's fine to slap men.
Original post by Andy98
I think the general attitude is, we will hit back - but we won't throw the first hit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The title thread says "if she hurt his feelings". Not physically hurt him, but hurt his feelings - would you hit a female?

In response to your comment, I understand where you are coming from with regards to hitting back. It makes sense why you would say that, because if the "intention" to cause pain is there (whether you do cause pain if you're male, or you don't cause pain if you're female), it has the same intention and the same mentality going into it. Obviously you don't want to be sitting there like a mug, taking a load of hits from a girl going ape on you - however there is another possibility of restraint.. which isn't too difficult to physically do, but in the heat of the moment and if you're angry, may not be in your mindset at the time.

The reason why I say I don't like this type of attitude which I have seen from dudes posting here and previous threads, is that you are comparing two different strengths. The result of a female hitting a male, is not equal to the male hitting a female, which is what I believe to be the key consideration - what is the OUTCOME of what happens. How far the guy would go if the woman hit him? Would he restrain her, hit back, punch back, kick her, beat her up? I saw a post above saying male or female, they would hit back...would they hit back a female as they would a male? Because if a guy got punched by another guy, there would be a full on fight - would this happen if a female hit him?

I've seen somewhere on tv a woman's jaw being dislocated because a guy "lightly slapped her across the cheek"..and it's horrific. And situations like this where guys are not afraid to hit back and don't know their own strength makes me very uncomfortable. I'm strong compared to most women, but to a guy, I could do no where near the damage they could do to me. Heaven forbid if my bf punched me a couple of times, I'd be potentially dead because he's so strong.

It's difficult to compare because it's like comparing a year 11 strength to a year 7. If a year 7 hit you, would you hit back? You KNOW that you would cause a significant amount of damage, and to do that, just to keep your "no one hits me" pride as opposed to restraining her...is very uncomfortable. To be honest, I doubt a female would hit and hit and hit, it's usually just the one slap to get out of her system, so I don't believe that even restraint is necessary.

I just want to be very clear that I don't condone violence of any sort, male or female. I disagree with females saying that it's fine to slap a man , and I disagree with men saying they would slap back.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by stargirl63
The title thread says "if she hurt his feelings". Not physically hurt him, but hurt his feelings - would you hit a female?

In response to your comment, I understand where you are coming from with regards to hitting back. It makes sense why you would say that, because if the "intention" to cause pain is there (whether you do cause pain if you're male, or you don't cause pain if you're female), it has the same intention and the same mentality going into it. Obviously you don't want to be sitting there like a mug, taking a load of hits from a girl going ape on you - however there is another possibility of restraint.. which isn't too difficult to physically do, but in the heat of the moment and if you're angry, may not be in your mindset at the time.

The reason why I say I don't like this type of attitude which I have seen from dudes posting here and previous threads, is that you are comparing two different strengths. The result of a female hitting a male, is not equal to the male hitting a female, which is what I believe to be the key consideration - what is the OUTCOME of what happens. How far the guy would go if the woman hit him? Would he restrain her, hit back, punch back, kick her, beat her up? I saw a post above saying male or female, they would hit back...would they hit back a female as they would a male? Because if a guy got punched by another guy, there would be a full on fight - would this happen if a female hit him?

I've seen somewhere on tv a woman's jaw being dislocated because a guy "lightly slapped her across the cheek"..and it's horrific. And situations like this where guys are not afraid to hit back and don't know their own strength makes me very uncomfortable. I'm strong compared to most women, but to a guy, I could do no where near the damage they could do to me. Heaven forbid if my bf punched me a couple of times, I'd be potentially dead because he's so strong.

It's difficult to compare because it's like comparing a year 11 strength to a year 7. If a year 7 hit you, would you hit back? You KNOW that you would cause a significant amount of damage, and to do that, just to keep your "no one hits me" pride as opposed to restraining her...is very uncomfortable. To be honest, I doubt a female would hit and hit and hit, it's usually just the one slap to get out of her system, so I don't believe that even restraint is necessary.

I just want to be very clear that I don't condone violence of any sort, male or female. I disagree with females saying that it's fine to slap a man , and I disagree with men saying they would slap back.

I'd just do what it takes for her to stop. Plus you say that men and women aren't as strong as strong as each other - there are exceptions to every rule. I am considered a weakling amongst men so I'd probably be about even with a girl.

It's nothing to do with pride. It's just as simple as if you hit I will hit back because most people can beat the **** out of me, I've been beat up by year 6s while I was in year 11. I go into fight or flight, I can't run so fight it is.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
if a women slaps a man and he wanted to slap her back then that is fine
if she can do it so can he

There's nothing wrong here
the only thing wrong is the woman should not have hit in the first pace
Original post by Andy98
I'd just do what it takes for her to stop. Plus you say that men and women aren't as strong as strong as each other - there are exceptions to every rule. I am considered a weakling amongst men so I'd probably be about even with a girl.

It's nothing to do with pride. It's just as simple as if you hit I will hit back because most people can beat the **** out of me, I've been beat up by year 6s while I was in year 11. I go into fight or flight, I can't run so fight it is.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Like I said, I doubt it would be a frantic hit after hit if a girl was to start something. If so - then I would think she was slightly crazy. It is usually just the first hit to lash out initially.

Agreed there are exceptions to every rule. If you're considered a weakling and that you would be even to a girl, then that's your issue. And lol, if you were about even with a girl and you potentially lost a fight, please record it and post it online - you would get a lot of hits (pardon the pun).

Latest