The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

"BTECs are important. Without it you will fail in life."
"I'm not the one taking this exam" - yes, you are a teacher, yes we are the students, just shut up and teach us
Original post by de_monies
Have you been guilty, Shelly? :tongue:

I have :colondollar:
Only of the counting down ones though! Which is a valid behaviour management technique :wink: I know my kids hate it however.
"This is the MOST important exam of your life. And it's the only one that matters"

-Said during End of year exams, NAT, SATs, IQ test, reading test, EQ test (WTH), Courseworks (It's not even an exam), GCSEs, A-levels, Entrance exams, other exams.

Seriously, the word "most" sort of lost meaning to me after this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shelly_x
Only of the counting down ones though! Which is a valid behaviour management technique :wink: I know my kids hate it however.

Talking of "my kids" Once my primary school science teacher went in to some place to buy an Oxygen tank (to show us that Oxygen weighed something) because previously the students didn't believe them

And in the shop she asked for an "oxygen tank for my kids"

Shop keeper: "How many"
Her: 26

Shop keeper gives a weird stare :biggrin:
Original post by Shelly_x

Do you not have any personal technique?
Reply 166
One of the more awesome things that a chemistry teacher said to me (Though chemistry teachers are always cool)

"If you don't do well in your chemistry GCSE's, you will fail and live life as a hobo"

Clearly haven't been to my old school.
How on Earth does the second one make sense? I mean to me that's basially saying

"Pee any where. The bathroom comes to you, so the world is your bathroom"

I know, right? Thankfully that teacher only was on the playground three times over my primary school years.
The longer it takes you to settle down the longer it takes me to dismiss you for break.
Original post by Firenze26
"This is the MOST important exam of your life. And it's the only one that matters"

-Said during End of year exams, NAT, SATs, IQ test, reading test, EQ test (WTH), Courseworks (It's not even an exam), GCSEs, A-levels, Entrance exams, other exams.

Seriously, the word "most" sort of lost meaning to me after this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohmygod ikr? They put such a big emphasis on it..it means nothing anymore.
When they would complain about how much they didn't like teaching first years, when it's clearly their job and something they signed on for.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arketec
Do you not have any personal technique?

Not quite sure what you mean by this? Each teacher doesn't create their own technique we share ideas on how to control behaviour and try things out to see if they work or not.
"Whether you pass/fail this exam/qualification it'll have little effect on me" - Yes it has an impact on the teacher in the long run, each teacher is assigned a pass rate, that pass rate provides means for identifying who will be made redundant. Furthermore if you have a low enough pass rate then it becomes evident that you can't teach.

EDIT: This was with my Mathematics teacher (She was lecturing a student)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Binary Freak
"Whether you pass/fail this exam/qualification it'll have little effect on me" - Yes it has an impact on the teacher in the long run, each teacher is assigned a pass rate, that pass rate provides means for identifying who will be made redundant. Furthermore if you have a low enough pass rate then it becomes evident that you can't teach.

EDIT: This was with my Mathematics teacher (She was lecturing a student)

Not really cos otherwise that would be unfair on teachers given really "stupid" kids or kids who refused to learn and the teacher who got the top sets would be set

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me: 'Sir, my pen's run out'

Teacher: 'you better go chase after it then!!'

awful hahaha :tongue:
Original post by Mubariz
Not really cos otherwise that would be unfair on teachers given really "stupid" kids or kids who refused to learn and the teacher who got the top sets would be set

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obviously it's unfair, however it's actually used to identify teachers that should be made redundant, well that was the case in the school I attended, so I've heard from the Assistant Head (Had her in my final year for Retail Management.)
Reply 176
Original post by themanwithaplanb
lay down and relax boy

:rofl:
Original post by Freudian Slip
'That bell is for me, not for you!'

This one hands down! :biggrin:
Reply 178
'Sorry I haven't marked your homework, I have a life you know' Yeah, me too and I still made the time to do it...
Original post by 13cats
'Sorry I haven't marked your homework, I have a life you know' Yeah, me too and I still made the time to do it...

Since when has a teacher ever said that!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending