The Student Room Group

I have withdrawn my application by accident :'(

As i have withdrawn my application from Uni of Manchester by accident, i said to myself "i'll deal with it another day" and i haven't done anything to solve it since then. I really want to reinstate it as i really want to study at this university. I really do hope and wish that it is possible :'( :'(

Scroll to see replies

Could someone please give me advice and help me out please? :'(
Reply 2
How long ago did you withdraw it?
Original post by Nehemia
How long ago did you withdraw it?

12th of March... :'(
Try calling them, but you can hardly be surprised if they say no. They will have allocated your place to someone else a long time ago.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Try calling them, but you can hardly be surprised if they say no. They will have allocated your place to someone else a long time ago.

So it's likely to be impossible :'(
Original post by LouisWilburn96
So it's likely to be impossible :'(

I'd say very unlikely, but if by some chance the course is in clearing, they might prefer someone who has already shown interest in them to someone else.
Oh right ok, I was thinking that they would offer me a place because it is more likely that all unis want more and more students in order to have good reputation, high rating etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh right ok, I was thinking that they would offer me a place because it is more likely that all unis want more and more students in order to have good reputation, high rating etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

University reputation does not depend on the number of students they have.
Really? It's your own fault, that place is loooooong gone. If something like this happens, you phone on the same day, not a couple months later...
(edited 9 years ago)
I know... It was really stupid of me!!! Feel so bad and wrong about it as I really really want to go this year and I always wanted to go and study at that uni :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know... It was really stupid of me!!! Feel so bad and wrong about it as I really really want to go this year and I always wanted to go and study at that uni :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could still if there's a place at clearing.
How long would that take... I mean for an answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmm so did you not think at least when you chose your firm and insurance that you really should have called them? Or the day/ day after you withdrew? They could think that because you've left it so long that you weren't really that determined to go there anyway.

Ring them and I wish you luck. The place has probably gone though..

I hope it works out ok
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks so much. I'm praying to god to get through so much!!! And if I don't get anywhere with this... I'll be going to MMU which they say it's crap! Is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not to sound rude, you've had four months to solve this. Why did you wait so long?
Original post by Coffeetime
Not to sound rude, you've had four months to solve this. Why did you wait so long?

This.

Also, how did you 'accidentally' withdraw?
Original post by Technetium
This.

Also, how did you 'accidentally' withdraw?

I was definitely thinking it...
Original post by Coffeetime
I was definitely thinking it...

The withdrawal from a UCAS offer requires a lot of clicking and confirmation of things. I believe that the OP clearly knew what he was doing and now regrets his decision.
Original post by Technetium
The withdrawal from a UCAS offer requires a lot of clicking and confirmation of things. I believe that the OP clearly knew what he was doing and now regrets his decision.

The only thing I can think is they thought they were withdrawing their offer to MMU. But that doesn't explain the time lapse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending