The Student Room Group

I have withdrawn my application by accident :'(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coffeetime
The only thing I can think is they thought they were withdrawing their offer to MMU. But that doesn't explain the time lapse.

The fact that OP said they'll deal with it another day suggests they knew what they were doing/where they were withdrawing from, as they realised very quickly afterwards
Original post by sliceofcake
The fact that OP said they'll deal with it another day suggests they knew what they were doing/where they were withdrawing from, as they realised very quickly afterwards

I know. I was trying to think of other reasons why. But you're right.
Original post by LouisWilburn96
How long would that take... I mean for an answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically on results day after you get your grades if you don't have a place at university you can check to see if your course is in clearing. If it is, then you phone them up and they should offer you a place assuming you have good enough grades. Also next time quote, otherwise I won't know if you've replied to me :smile:.
Tbh you should have dealt with it immediately, straight after you had withdrawn it.

Wish you the best of luck with it though :smile:
I just contacted them and they said that I don't meet their entry requirements so maybe from the very beginning when I was waiting for an answer... They wouldn't give me an offer. So, I feel a bit better now. It's better than giving you an offer and you withdrawn... That would be a lot worse! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LouisWilburn96
I just contacted them and they said that I don't meet their entry requirements so maybe from the very beginning when I was waiting for an answer... They wouldn't give me an offer. So, I feel a bit better now. It's better than giving you an offer and you withdrawn... That would be a lot worse! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think many of us were under the impression that you had had an offer and withdrawn from that. Our advice might have been different had we realised. At least you know where you stand now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending