The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's genocide. It's ethnic cleansing. It's a massacre and...it's all supported by Britain, USA and the west. They do not care about human rights. Israel has provided ample evidence for this.

Israel don't view Arabs, whether Christian or Muslim, as human.

Here's the son of an Israeli General telling it how it is and debunking the outright lies and propaganda:

etXAm-OylQQ

I'll also add I think most Brits actually support Palestine. Most people at work I know (white working professionals) know exactly what's going on, despite our news outlets singing from the same hymn sheet -- so much for a true free press. The political elite don't represent the people. They cant speak their mind for fear of being outcast and vilified by the establishment. Support for Palestine is growing.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 901
Original post by SMEGGGY
LOL it's so pathetic. It's like a drop in the ocean in comparison.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you always start somewhere i knew this ground invasion would be fatal for the Israeli army, there will be many more to come
Original post by SMEGGGY
LOL it's so pathetic. It's like a drop in the ocean in comparison.

Posted from TSR Mobile

no it isn't. Israel will do a lot to free him, including signing a ceasefire along with meeting Hamas's terms and conditions.
Death of all Hamas terrorists is mounting.

Fateh Israel!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Death of all Hamas terrorists is mounting.

Fateh Israel!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be like them.
Original post by Agapelove
I have to admit, it would bother me the animal sacrifices that the Israelites did under the Law of Moses.

Not to mention being killed for collecting sticks upon the Sabbath, or weaving the wrong kind of clothes. Moses was a complete and utter tyrant who nobody should look up to in my opinion. (Assuming he actually existed.)

The problem is that the sunnah is very important in Islam: the way of Muhammad, living like Muhammad. To many Muslims, Muhammad is considered to be the perfect example to mankind.

Well, some people called it reformed, or 'moderate'. I personally think moderate Muslims do not follow/obey all of the Qur'an and do not follow Muhammad's example in many ways. I'm not complaining. I have no problem with people not following the Qur'an or Muhammad's example (like his marrying a child and his enslaving people). I do have an issue with those who follow the violent parts of the Qur'an and do the bad things Muhammad did.

Many Jihadists follow the Qur'an and the sunnah more than moderate Muslims do.

I also think this is probably true, unfortunately. But I don't see why it should be a block to reforming mainstream Islam. From my perspective, believing in the Qu'ran (or other holy books) is quite insane already, so making it say what you want it to say shouldn't be that big of a deal. And I dispute that moderate Jews and Christians follow their holy books entirely to the letter either (especially Jews).

That's a thought-provoking statement. I'd have to meditate on that.

Yes, I used to think that pacifism was the only moral option to take, but it seems to me that absolute pacifism defeats its own purpose; allowing evil to exist could be a worse crime than accidentally causing suffering to innocent people while defeating it.

Well, I see Jesus' commands to love enemies and turn the other cheek to be best explained by the following Martin Luther King Jr.'s quotes:

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral,
begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy.
Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it.
Through violence you may murder the liar,
but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth.
Through violence you may murder the hater,
but you do not murder hate.
In fact, violence merely increases hate.
So it goes.
Returning violence for violence multiplies violence,
adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness:
only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness;
only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate;
only love can do that.
Hate multiplies hate,
violence multiplies violence,
and toughness multiplies toughness
in a descending spiral of destruction....
The chain reaction of evil --
hate begetting hate,
wars producing more wars --
must be broken,
or we shall be plunged
into the dark abyss of annihilation.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Strength To Love, 1963

Martin Luther King was a great man, but his form of protest only worked because his enemy was rational and believed in democracy.

Consider this: Adolf Hitler met in 1937 with Lord Halifax, and suggested Britain should assassinate Mohandas Gandhi as well as any of his supporters, in order to retain their rule over India. No doubt if the German tyranny was in charge of India, that would have happened. Britain, being much more rational and compassionate than Hitler's Germany, proved an ideal enemy for Gandhi to negotiate non-violently with, gaining independence a decade later.

Non-violent protest accomplishes nothing unless your enemy has fundamentally good intentions.

I think the problem with the 'Christian' regimes which slaughtered and oppressed people is that those identifying as Christians were disobeying Jesus' commands to love their enemies and their neighbors.

However, yeah, the leaders were not rational either.

The thing is, there will always be people like that in the world, and when they appear, it is best to shoot them down as fast as possible, rather than let them acquire power and leverage over the world. This is especially true nowadays, when a large part of the world is democratic and pretty much stable, for the first time in human history.
There will be no more support for Hamas, it was in decline hence the unity with Fatah. Now all these innocents are dying because of Hamas' terror they will fall like Lucifer did from Heaven.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 907
Original post by SMEGGGY
There will be no more support for Hamas, it was in decline hence the unity with Fatah. Now all these innocents are dying because of Hamas' terror they will fall like Lucifer did from Heaven.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ya HAMAS, Lions who do not fear death

[video="youtube;ogBLX7eIKOA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogBLX7eIKOA[/video]
Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hamas have truly gone insane now.

The leadership is in Hotels in Qatar and in bunkers in Gaza, letting people above ground die and refusing all ceasefires.
Reply 909
Original post by mauthalyahud
Wallahi, we will pray for their destruction, the Palestinian children must see the bodies lying in Gaza today and informed that the jews are responsible for it all so that they never forget and lead the resistance for years to come.

Israel will fall if they carry on like this
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Chindits

The leadership is in Hotels in Qatar and in bunkers in Gaza, letting people above ground die and refusing all ceasefires.

The zionists must leave all land from the river to the sea.

And the Israeli leadership is hundred of miles away, your point?
Egyptian-brokered ceasefire:

Accepted by Israel
Backed by the Arab league
Backed by Ban Ki Moon
Backed by the 'Palestinian' Authority.

Rejected by Hamas.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Breaking News

Hamas have captured ONE Isreali Soldier! LMFAO. They are celebrating like they've destroyed Isreal. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

you don't care? its a soldier they've captured, an idf piece of ****.
Why are people celebrating the death of these soldiers like this is a football match and their side has just scored a goal? No death should be celebrated regardless of whatever side they are from. This is why this conflict will never end, because people desensitize themselves, they start viewing the conflict as some sort of game, cheering on whatever side they feel is justified forgetting that these are lives we are talking about, human beings who have families, friends, memories and ambitions just like the Palestinians who have also tragically lost their lives in this hopeless conflict. You should be calling for peace not for more bloodshed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mightyfrog2_10
you don't care? its a soldier they've captured, an idf piece of ****.

I was just watching Live from West Bank they are having a bloody party. Thousands gathered, best thing now would a fighter jet to hover over and drop a bombing eradicating the terrorists.

As for soldiers, It's a war soldiers die. Kill him or do what you want they are Shaheeds!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't be like them.

Why? Evil is spreading. God made everybody but here Palestinians are attacking another country and it's existence because they are Jewish. These animals do not know about or respect People of The Book!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Why? Evil is spreading. God made everybody but here Palestinians are attacking another country and it's existence because they are Jewish. These animals do not know about or respect People of The Book!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What separates pro-Israelis and pro-terrorists, is that we don't go out in the streets to celebrate deaths.

They do. They hand out sweets. They celebrated after decapitating a 3 month old Israeli baby.

Do you want to become like them?

Let the IDF deal with Hamas and we'll all show gratitude and breathe a sigh of relief when they are dealt with - but I would never want to be like one of them.
Original post by Rlove95
Why are people celebrating the death of these soldiers like this is a football match and their side has just scored a goal? No death should be celebrated regardless of whatever side they are from. This is why this conflict will never end, because people desensitize themselves, they start viewing the conflict as some sort of game, cheering on whatever side they feel is justified forgetting that these are lives we are talking about, human beings who have families, friends, memories and ambitions just like the Palestinians who have also tragically lost their lives in this hopeless conflict. You should be calling for peace not for more bloodshed.

I'm out of votes, but well said.

Latest

Trending

Trending