The Student Room Group

Best meal ever!

What's the best thing you have ever eaten? Keep it clean people. :wink:

For me, it was fettuccine bolognese at this random restaurant in the back of a store in Naples.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Papa rellena in Peru
Best thing EVER?

Hmmm, I've had some lovely steaks in restauranets before and nice Surf And turfs... (Steak +lobster)

My favourite meal of recent years would go to a double cheeseburger tiwht pulled pork and sweet potatoe wedges i had at Smokey's Brighton recently! :drool:

I would say Triple Chicken from the Harvester - TRIPLE chicken, 3 lots of chicken :colondollar:
Reply 4
Ooh this is a tough one...
All of the best meals I've eaten were on holiday tbh.
The one that stands out the most was barbecued lamb chops with garlic, mint and honey. And I was given free coconut cake for dessert! :P
I go through phases but from the top of my head I enjoyed the tomato and basil spaghetti or the garlic pizza from San Carlo, but I'm currently craving Wagamama's edamame beans (with garlic and chilli salt) as a starter followed by their teriyaki salmon soba. Yum :drool:

Wagamama's will be the first place I hit once ramadhan finishes!
Original post by Green Velvet
I go through phases but from the top of my head I enjoyed the tomato and basil spaghetti or the garlic pizza from San Carlo, but I'm currently craving Wagamama's edamame beans (with garlic and chilli salt) as a starter followed by their teriyaki salmon soba. Yum :drool:

Wagamama's will be the first place I hit once ramadhan finishes!

I've never been to Wagamama's. We have some in the U.S., but not where I live. Now I need to look up the menu...
The meter-long pizza I shared with my ex and his 2 flat mates at a Italian restaurant in London was absolutely amazing
It was for a special occasion at Petrus in Mayfair London. Food tasted so amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
And this was part of the meal too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coffeetime
I've never been to Wagamama's. We have some in the U.S., but not where I live. Now I need to look up the menu...

I don't know anyone that hates it but to be fair it's not the first place people speak of when we talk about favourite restaurants. Whenever I go there with my friends we enjoy everything we eat and the portions are so huge we end up stuffed! Have to say the prices aren't cheap but the rates may vary in the U.S.- hope you manage to visit it some time :smile:
Original post by Green Velvet
I don't know anyone that hates it but to be fair it's not the first place people speak of when we talk about favourite restaurants. Whenever I go there with my friends we enjoy everything we eat and the portions are so huge we end up stuffed! Have to say the prices aren't cheap but the rates may vary in the U.S.- hope you manage to visit it some time :smile:

Definitely. This looks yummy. http://www.wagamama.us/our-menu/grilled-cod-noodle
Reply 12
Tuna pasta bake, with crisps in the cheese at the top. haha, so simple but seriously the nicest home comfort i've ever eaten.
A single plum floating in perfume, served in a mans hat.
Reply 14
Original post by xOHarriet
The meter-long pizza I shared with my ex and his 2 flat mates at a Italian restaurant in London was absolutely amazing

wow not the fajitas.............
Original post by Jakeh
Tuna pasta bake, with crisps in the cheese at the top. haha, so simple but seriously the nicest home comfort i've ever eaten.

If we're talking comfort food, I love chips with gravy. Mmmm.
pussycats

I haven't tried this, it looks amazing! I also had the sweet potato with sea bass and rice, and my friends love all the different gyoza's and the chilli calamari. The chicken katsu curry is pretty popular with everyone so maybe a good starting point but I've never had it (not halal bah!).

Oh my gosh I'm really craving Wagamama's now!

P.s I've heard the desserts aren't too good as they're unusual. Never tried them myself (always too stuffed for pudding!) but thought I'd let you know.
Reply 18
If we're talking comfort food, I love chips with gravy. Mmmm.

I'm talking - travelled ages to get there, absolutely ****ing shattered and you come in and theres this huuge, like stupidly big tuna pasta bake with x2 cheese sauce and melted cheese on top all crisp and stuff. And it's just like perfection. It might not be a complex meal, hell it isnt something you can get in a restaurant, but its literally my favourite meal to date.

A close second would have to be my Mums roast dinners though... I'm not overly fussed about eating out.
Reply 19
What's the best thing you have ever eaten? Keep it clean people. :wink:

For me, it was fettuccine bolognese at this random restaurant in the back of a store in Naples.

it looks like diarrhoea

Quick Reply

Latest