The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdul-Karim
As in ignore anything you just saw. Forget everything I just said.

What are you even on about? So you don't miss meh? I was right? :lol:
Original post by Biryani007
What are you even on about? So you don't miss meh? I was right? :lol:

No, it's just that now I'm embarrassed I said that and you just totally screwed me over and dented my confidence.
No, it's just that now I'm embarrassed I said that and you just totally screwed me over and dented my confidence.

:eek:
Don't be embarassed, it's ok, I'll admit...those PMs, good times :redface:
Original post by Secretnerd123
heyyyyy gurl :jumphug:
how you been????? long time!

Heeeyyyy!! I know right?? alhamdullilah everything is alright. Yourself?? bet you cannot wait to start uni iA right?? Btw the girll on your avi is bootifulll!! Seen her pic on twitta and commented it with "Buffffff" :wink:
Original post by Chukkeigh
Heeeyyyy!! I know right?? alhamdullilah everything is alright. Yourself?? bet you cannot wait to start uni iA right?? Btw the girll on your avi is bootifulll!! Seen her pic on twitta and commented it with "Buffffff" :wink:

Alhamdulillah everything is good habibty! Hows your summer and ramadan so far?

And yessss i honestly cannot wait for my course to begin. I miss studying so much :frown: a little nervous though. Would you be an angel and pass down some words of wisdom from your freshers week to your marexaan sister ? :wink:

And yeaaaaa mashaAllah she is!! I thought she was somali but shes apparently moroccan and egyptian. Still cute though :love:
Assalamu alaykum habibty :smile:

I'm great thanks! Wbu?

Aww ima doing good hun :smile: lol Just feeling kinda full lool
You always seem so socially deprived.

Hmm really my bad :smile:
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Aww ima doing good hun :smile: lol Just feeling kinda full lool

Thats good mashaAllah. What are your plans for the summer? Are you starting yr 13?
@secretnerd123 @Greenarrow @themorninglight lool you guys its cool :smile: To tell you the truth it never bothers me so it should not bother you guys lool. Subhanallah its fine girls. You guys are all Awesome :smile: Luv ya
Thats good mashaAllah. What are your plans for the summer? Are you starting yr 13?

Hmm I got into uni to do health studies, sadly not Midwifery:frown:. Lol even though ima disappointed I still won't be bothered lool :smile:Alhamdulilah my BTEC grades were okay so I believe I will be going there. How about you hun?
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Hmm I got into uni to do health studies, sadly not Midwifery:frown:. Lol even though ima disappointed I still won't be bothered lool :smile:Alhamdulilah my BTEC grades were okay so I believe I will be going there. How about you hun?

MashaAllah! What uni u off to sis? Btw which city are u from?

I hope to study Psychology with Arabic inshaAllah :smile: i did my Alevels last year so I'm deffo going to my firm (queen mary) inshaAllah :smile:)
Here's a reminder for the sisters, in this blessed month.

Lool these 'kitchen jokes' are like so last century :lol:

Shaytan is locked up though...
What you saying, we shouldn't do Ibaadah? :rolleyes:
Lool these 'kitchen jokes' are like so last century :lol:

Joke? The basic principle is that a woman should remain at home, and not go out except for necessary purposes. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance” - [Qur'an 33:33]

Although this is addressed to the wives of the Prophet (PBUH), it also applies to the believing women. It is only addressed to the wives of the Prophet (PBUH) because of their honour and status with the Messenger of Allah (PBUH), and because they are examples for the believing women.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said:

“Woman is ‘awrah, and if she goes out, the shaytaan raises his hopes (of misguiding her). She is never closer to Allaah than when she stays in her house.” - Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan and Ibn Khuzaymah

And he said concerning a woman’s prayer in the mosque:

“Their houses are better for them.” - Narrated by Abu Dawood

(If you want specific details to the latter references, I can go fetch that for you)

After a brief search, I found a nice list of conditions in where women are permissed to leave the family home.

http://muslimmatters.org/2010/06/30/homely-homemaking-homebodies-why-the-quran-commands-muslim-women-stay-in-your-homes/

I hope this is of some benefit to you.
Original post by Biryani007
Shaytan is locked up though...
What you saying, we shouldn't do Ibaadah? :rolleyes:

I didn't say that. You must've quoted the wrong post.
Joke? The basic principle is that a woman should remain at home, and not go out except for necessary purposes. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance” - [Qur'an 33:33]

Although this is addressed to the wives of the Prophet (PBUH), it also applies to the believing women. It is only addressed to the wives of the Prophet (PBUH) because of their honour and status with the Messenger of Allah (PBUH), and because they are examples for the believing women.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said:

“Woman is ‘awrah, and if she goes out, the shaytaan raises his hopes (of misguiding her). She is never closer to Allaah than when she stays in her house.” - Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan and Ibn Khuzaymah

And he said concerning a woman’s prayer in the mosque:

“Their houses are better for them.” - Narrated by Abu Dawood

(If you want specific details to the latter references, I can go fetch that for you)

After a brief search, I found a nice list of conditions in where women are permissed to leave the family home.

http://muslimmatters.org/2010/06/30/homely-homemaking-homebodies-why-the-quran-commands-muslim-women-stay-in-your-homes/

I hope this is of some benefit to you.

Jzk for this info even though i was aware of most of it already. But you have to remember that we live in a very different time and society to the prophet (saw). Women can and should have ambitions and go out there and work in a field they truly enjoy :smile:

I, for one would NEVER choose to be a full time housewife unless ofcourse I became pregnant and/or had toddlers. I'm not paying 9k a year to chill and live off my husband's earnings after uni. I know some girls who just want to get married and stay at home but thats their choice and they can do whatever makes them happy.
Jzk for this info even though i was aware of most of it already. But you have to remember that we live in a very different time and society to the prophet (saw). Women can and should have ambitions and go out there and work in a field they truly enjoy :smile:

I, for one would NEVER choose to be a full time housewife unless ofcourse I became pregnant and/or had toddlers. I'm not paying 9k a year to chill and live off my husband's earnings after uni. I know some girls who just want to get married and stay at home but thats their choice and they can do whatever makes them happy.

I was trolling :cool:

Wanted to start an argument but you didn't retaliate.
I was trolling :cool:

Wanted to start an argument but you didn't retaliate.

Oh lol

I think i've become a lot more mature these past few months (i'm a still a huge kid at heart tho) :colondollar:

Anyways why you not in bed? Dont cha have work in the morning?
I didn't say that. You must've quoted the wrong post.

Ok
Sorry

Quick Reply

Latest