The Student Room Group

As Islam is a religion of peace - which muslim country would you liek to live in ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arxtra
:lol: Why's that? The Filipinos that I've met in Jordan tended to be very friendly, well-spoken and easy-going.

I'm not saying that they are bad people. I just couldn't see myself chilling with a bunch of Filipinos everyday. If I was in Dubai, i'd say the same thing for Indians.
Reply 21
I'd 'liek' to live in England :wink::biggrin:
Reply 22
Morocco
Reply 23
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
I'm not saying that they are bad people. I just couldn't see myself chilling with a bunch of Filipinos everyday. If I was in Dubai, i'd say the same thing for Indians.

I'd say that, in Amman, more so than with the Jordanians/Palestinians and even fellow Iraqis, I find myself very comfortable around the Egyptian, Filipino and Sri Lankan migrants as well as the Syrian refugees there. Almost consistently very down to earth, friendly and with a great sense of humour in spite of their woes. Unfortunately, my experience with many natives/locals in Arab countries that I've visited (especially in the Gulf - Saudi, Qatar and UAE) tended to leave me with the impression of them harbouring an annoying sense of superiority and uprightness on top of an obsession with material wealth. Or maybe I just spent too much time with that kind of circle and, had it been a visit to England instead, I might have equally thought that it's filled to the brim with hoity-toity prats.
Original post by Baldness
Which muslim country would you like to live in and why ?

I would not like to live in any Muslim-dominated country, thank you very much. I love freedom to believe in God how I believe is true and I love the freedom of other people not believing in God if they don't believe He exists.

Muslim-dominated countries are not free countries.
None.

I could live in one, but liife wouldn't be easy....
(edited 9 years ago)
None

hell on earth really
Reply 27
Original post by TheTechN1304
Oh sorry, because that makes it all the better *rolls eyes*

Clearly we don't give a **** about homosexuals.
Reply 28
Original post by Ankabout
As a Pakistani who has lived in Pakistan for 20+ years I would love to resume living there inspite of its shortcomings.

Me too. :smile:
Reply 29
Other than my home country of Pakistan, I would like to live in UAE or Morocco. Just hope when I'm living in those countries, I don't run into many non-muslims. :tongue:
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
Doha has better living conditions than anywhere in the UK but I'm not sure if I could stand all the Filipinos for very long.

bull****
Original post by Roger1
Other than my home country of Pakistan, I would like to live in UAE or Morocco. Just hope when I'm living in those countries, I don't run into many non-muslims. :tongue:

Awww you used to side with non-Muslims. I wonder what happened?!
Original post by Roger1

In case they force their civil rights on you?
Original post by Roger1
Clearly we don't give a **** about homosexuals.

you don't give a good name to your religion by talking like that...just saying :rolleyes:
Reply 34
Awww you used to side with non-Muslims. I wonder what happened?!

Nothing happened. I just came back home.
Original post by Roger1
Nothing happened. I just came back home.

Lol, no I meant you used to be REALLY different a while back. Seems like ages ago haha. Now you're anti non-Muslim... I wonder what made you shift your entire paradigm?
Reply 36
Original post by TheTechN1304
you don't give a good name to your religion by talking like that...just saying :rolleyes:

Clearly I don't judge how good or bad a country is by their homosexual rights. I couldn't care less about it tbh. I leave it at that.
Reply 37
Lol, no I meant you used to be REALLY different a while back. Seems like ages ago haha. Now you're anti non-Muslim... I wonder what made you shift your entire paradigm?

I'm not anti Muslim. I'm just a better Muslim these days.
Original post by Roger1
I'm not anti Muslim. I'm just a better Muslim these days.

Doesn't being a better Muslim mean giving Dawah to non-Muslims? How would you do that when you hope you "don't run into many non-muslims"?

Sounds pretty anti-Muslim to me. :tongue:
Original post by Roger1
Clearly I don't judge how good or bad a country is by their homosexual rights. I couldn't care less about it tbh. I leave it at that.

yes, well, you should judge a country by a group of rights called 'human rights'. This includes everything from the right to religious freedom, the right to not face discrimination based on gender or sexuality, the right to freedom of expression and speech, the right to a fair trial and freedom from torture...Unfortunately quite a few all muslim countries seem to be lacking when it comes to decent human rights, and in terms of oppression and inequality, well, the Middle East/Sub-Saharan Africa is the place to be!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending