The Student Room Group

Thousands of women join Hairy Legs Club movement

Scroll to see replies

How did this crap make the news?
I don't understand; if women aren't shaving because it's non-essential, why do these same women coat their faces in make-up, pluck their eye-brows, wear clothes/shoes, brush their teeth regularly, etc?
Ewwwww. This is why the Daily Mail gets called the 'Daily Fail' at my school! Well I'm sorry but I don't think that hairy armpits on women are really acceptable! They look awful and so masculine! Can't really be very hygienic either?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zippity.doodah
I don't understand; if women aren't shaving because it's non-essential, why do these same women coat their faces in make-up, pluck their eye-brows, wear clothes/shoes, brush their teeth regularly, etc?

Choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meh.. as long as they're not hurting anyone, let them be hairy, it's their problem
I don't get all the liberals defending this, no one is saying they shouldn't be allowed to do this just that it is disgusting. Which it is,Ibet if you polled the entire of the UK you'd see this. It's called shared values, men don't like women with hairy legs,yes like all of them except a small minority .
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DErasmus
I don't get all the liberals defending this, no one is saying they shouldn't be allowed to do this just that it is disgusting. Which it is, this isn't subjective at all, I bet if you polled the entire of the UK you'd see this.

It really is subjective, come on.

These women don't think they themselves look disgusting so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mubariz
It really is subjective, come on.

These women don't think they themselves look disgusting so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

So? Just because they think they're an alien doesn't mean they are, its other peoples perceptions that count.

pointless, useless and hilariously shallow answer. you may as well have just said "for reasons", obviously without explaining them
So? Just because they think they're an alien doesn't mean they are, its other peoples perceptions that count.

I meant like, lets say one woman didn't shave her legs and another woman didn't shave hers, they wouldn't find each other disgusting so it's fine.

It is subjective, I personally wouldn't mind to be honest so you are wrong.

pointless, useless and hilariously shallow answer. you may as well have just said "for reasons", obviously without explaining them

They decide that shaving their legs is not something they want to do, they don't have to explain themselves to you.

If they also want to out on makeup that is also their choice, it may be stupid in your opinion but hey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mubariz
I meant like, lets say one woman didn't shave her legs and another woman didn't shave hers, they wouldn't find each other disgusting so it's fine.

It is subjective, I personally wouldn't mind to be honest so you are wrong.

They decide that shaving their legs is not something they want to do, they don't have to explain themselves to you.

If they also want to out on makeup that is also their choice, it may be stupid in your opinion but hey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are a minority (if you polled probably less than 1%)
You are a minority (if you polled probably less than 1%)

Its still subjective that's my point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mubariz
Its still subjective that's my point

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its null to say anything is subjective
Its null to say anything is subjective

:facepalm:

Gravity is not subjective. Strength isn't either (well there are different aspects, like different lifts but yeah)

What is attractive and what isn't is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mubariz
:facepalm:

Gravity is not subjective. Strength isn't either (well there are different aspects, like different lifts but yeah)

What is attractive and what isn't is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you admit the existence of objective values, attractiveness just like gravity is a thing, only it manifests itself through social norms.
Original post by Mubariz

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol so even you are implying that they have no reason
So you admit the existence of objective values, attractiveness just like gravity is a thing, only it manifests itself through social norms.

Attractive is not really measurable because it is different things to different people. You cannot say it isn't subjective.

lol so even you are implying that they have no reason

No, I'm saying even if they had no reason they still can do it. Because they don't need one.

Besides, not being bothered to is a reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mubariz
Attractive is not really measurable because it is different things to different people. You cannot say it isn't subjective.

No, I'm saying even if they had no reason they still can do it. Because they don't need one.

Besides, not being bothered to is a reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it isn't. There is an agreed definition by the vast majority of males in Britain (look at how similar models are, I wonder why?), any attempt to subvert this is just revisionism.
No it isn't. There is an agreed definition by the vast majority of males in Britain (look at how similar models are, I wonder why?), any attempt to subvert this is just revisionism.

I personally don't feel skinny models are attentive and women with large waists, chests and attractive faces are good looking, now this opinion is shared by many people yes but it doesn't matter, attractiveness is subjective it just so happens people are attracted to similar things because we look for somebody who is fertile and these traits make one seem fertile.

I wouldn't care if somebody perfect in every other way decided one day to suddenly not shave her legs, I'd still be with her.

There are loads of guys that would not agree with this definition and any attempt to deny this is just ignorance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mubariz
I personally don't feel skinny models are attentive and women with large waists, chests and attractive faces are good looking, now this opinion is shared by many people yes but it doesn't matter, attractiveness is subjective it just so happens people are attracted to similar things because we look for somebody who is fertile and these traits make one seem fertile.

I wouldn't care if somebody perfect in every other way decided one day to suddenly not shave her legs, I'd still be with her.

There are loads of guys that would not agree with this definition and any attempt to deny this is just ignorance

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are lots of people who deny the existence of gravity, they are wrong of course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending