The Student Room Group

Ex-Muslim, now Atheist - ASK ME ANYTHING!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tabmax22
I didn't ignore your question. I was replying to the others. Anyway, I feel free without Islam because I am now free to think about thoughts which would otherwise wrong if I was a muslim. For example, it would be wrong for me to even question or think critically about the existence of God. I would have naively believed creationism if I was still a muslim. These are namely just a few reasons. Being an atheist allows me to think for myself as opposed to believing books written by Peasants thousands of years ago.

1) who the hell told you its haram to question the existence of God if you're a muslim?

2) have a bit of respect for Muslims on here and not call Allah swt and His messengers peasants.

Also please tell me all the reasons why you left Islam and i'm almost certain I can find you sources which prove you wrong :smile:
Original post by Law-Hopeful
PRSOM :lol:

Some people...

Original post by miscounted_time
Because you told him not to quote you and said you wouldn't respond....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've edited my post darlings
Reply 22
Original post by Petrue
How did your fellow Muslim students react to your change? That's if you decided to tell them or not. Well done on leaving that archaic belief system behind though!

They were fine with it. Modern teenage muslims are much more accepting and, dare I say it, liberal than the more traditional muslims. My best friend is a strong practising muslim. He is fine with it too but he does not really choose to discuss religion with me.

Could you please elucidate on this (with examples maybe?).

Are your parents muslim and how did they react when they found out that you didn't believe in a God (let alone the Islamic one)?

Thanks for your answers, and I'm glad that you appear to be living a happier life after leaving such a backwards set of beliefs and way of life. :smile:

To be honest, I left religion because of exposure to science and liberal thoughts rather than exposure to the fallacies of religion itself. If you know what I mean? I only came to know the fallacies of religion after I had become convinced that there could possibly be no God. I then came to discover many falsifiable things in religion. And it is for that reason I am now a convinced Atheist.

As or my parents, my father was a muslim for around 30 years of his life. He then converted to atheism. So my family are atheists except for my mum. I guess I could only really think critically and become an atheist because of the fruitful discussions I would have with my father on the matter of religion.
(edited 9 years ago)
do ur parents kno?
Reply 24
Original post by Secretnerd123
1) who the hell told you its haram to question the existence of God if you're a muslim?

2) have a bit of respect for Muslims on here and not call Allah swt and His messengers peasants.

Also please tell me all the reasons why you left Islam and i'm almost certain I can find you sources which prove you wrong :smile:

Should I even bother with your absurdities? As for your latter point, why am I not allowed to question your religion as though it is the ideal exemplary of lifestyle and truthfulness? What makes your religion right? I could bet £1000 and say that your parents are muslims too. Did it not ever occur to you that if your parents were not muslim, you probably wouldn't be muslim too?

I would really advise you to stop advocating fallible arguments. There's a limit to the 'benefit of the doubt'.
Reply 25
Original post by Kabulkid
do ur parents kno?

yes
Original post by Harvey Dent
If we're going to play the cherry-picking game:

Prophet, make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home: an evil fate.” Quran 9:73

“The unbelievers among the People of the Book [Bible] and the pagans shall burn for ever in the fire of Hell. They are the vilest of all creatures.” Quran 98:6

“He that chooses a religion over Islam, it will not be accepted from him and in the world to come he will be one of the lost.” Quran 3:85

“God’s curse be upon the infidels! Evil is that for which they have bartered away their souls. To deny God’s own revelation, grudging that He should reveal His bounty to whom He chooses from among His servants! They have incurred God’s most inexorable wrath. An ignominious punishment awaits the unbelievers.” Quran 2:89-2:90

You stated that people who are not believers of Islam will enter hell fire.

There are 3 groups of people who will be judged just like Muslims will be judged on the day of judgement which are classified as non-Muslims and these people are:

- Those who didn't receive the message.
- Those who receive the message in corrupt form.
- Those who received the message yet chose to ignore it.

In conclusion people who are not believers of the book will still have a chance to enter heaven so clearly this shows that there will not be just Muslims in heaven.
I've edited my post darlings

Don't call me darling

That's haram. :teehee:

To be honest, I left religion because of exposure to science and liberal thoughts rather than exposure to the fallacies of religion itself. If you know what I mean? I only came to know the fallacies of religion after I had become convinced that there could possibly be no God. I then came to discover many falsifiable things in religion. And it is for that reason I am now a convinced Atheist.

As or my parents, my father was an ex-muslim for around 30 years of his life. He then converted too. So my family are atheists except for my mum. I guess I could only really think critically and become an atheist because of the fruitful discussions I would have with my father on the matter of religion.

I know what you mean, I'm happy you saw the light :tongue:

That's good to see your family being so supportive of your decision. There are many people on TSR who are too scared to tell their parents that they don't believe in Islam for fear of being kicked out by their parents! Disgustingly sad. Extremists like 'Roger1' are common too unfortunately and he said that if his child didn't believe in islam he would kick him out for some other parents to have. Scary how religion can corrupt people (and hopelessly sad for the children affected). :frown:
yes

u gunna marry a muslim? and how'd ur parents react when u told them?
Reply 29
Don't call me darling

That's haram. :teehee:

I know what you mean, I'm happy you saw the light :tongue:

That's good to see your family being so supportive of your decision. There are many people on TSR who are too scared to tell their parents that they don't believe in Islam for fear of being kicked out by their parents! Disgustingly sad. Extremists like 'Roger1' are common too unfortunately and he said that if his child didn't believe in islam he would kick him out for some other parents to have. Scary how religion can corrupt people (and hopelessly sad for the children affected). :frown:

oops I meant that my father was a muslim for 30 years and then he converted to atheism!

Indeed it is depressing that religion today still has so much of a profound effect on the lives of so many people. Religion should not be something that should be a taboo topic among family to discuss!
Reply 30

Thanks for your answers, and I'm glad that you appear to be living a happier life after leaving such a backwards set of beliefs and way of life. :smile:

i feel the same way about slags on a friday night tbh
Well done you shall live a beautiful life with a free mind.
Original post by aka r
i feel the same way about slags on a friday night tbh

What are you talking about? :lolwut:

:rofl:

Lol, why do people assume we leave the religion because we've interpreted the religion wrong? Why do you think a simple copy-pasted hadith will instantly bring back belief in Islam? It's not like we wake up one day and think, "meh, I don't understand this teaching, therefore I shall renounce my religion" - it happens over a long time when you realise bit by bit that you don't really believe in any of the stories. Now if you have a hadith that claims to instill belief then I'm sure all of us will be very interested to hear it :lol:
Reply 34
What are you talking about? :lolwut:

:rofl:

is that not your way of life?
Original post by Kash24411
You stated that people who are not believers of Islam will enter hell fire.

There are 3 groups of people who will be judged just like Muslims will be judged on the day of judgement which are classified as non-Muslims and these people are:

- Those who didn't receive the message.
- Those who receive the message in corrupt form.
- Those who received the message yet chose to ignore it.

In conclusion people who are not believers of the book will still have a chance to enter heaven so clearly this shows that there will not be just Muslims in heaven.

Sorry, what was wrong with my quotes? They're from exactly the same scriptural source that you used to back up your points, are the ones I found less correct than yours? They gave a pretty clear picture of what the 'religion of peace' has in store for me.
Original post by aka r
is that not your way of life?

Is what not my way of life? :lol:

Being a 'slag' on a friday night?

Firstly, I'm male... Secondly, you're a judgemental freak.
Reply 37
Original post by Kabulkid
u gunna marry a muslim? and how'd ur parents react when u told them?

When it comes to marriage, I don't mind marrying someone who does believe in a God as long as they're not an extremist who seek to live in the 21st century by a lifestyle which was only really compatible thousands of years ago. Though generally, I would prefer to marry an atheist or a secularist.

As for your second question, I've already answered that before on my previous posts. My parents are fine with it as my dad is an atheist too. My mum is a muslim but she is more of a secularist. She doesn't let religion influence the way she lives.
(edited 9 years ago)
When it comes to marriage, I don't mind marrying someone who does believe in a God as long as they're not an extremist who seek to live in the 21st century by the lifestyle which was only really compatible thousands of years ago. Though generally, I would prefer to marry an atheist or a secularist.

As for your second question, I've already answered that before on my previous posts. My parents are fine with it as my dad is an atheist too. My mum is a muslim but she is more of a secularist. She doesn't let religion influence the way she lives.

okay, well i hope you revert back to Islam, have a good day :smile:
Original post by Harvey Dent
Sorry, what was wrong with my quotes? They're from exactly the same scriptural source that you used to back up your points, are the ones I found less correct than yours? They gave a pretty clear picture of what the 'religion of peace' has in store for me.

When did i mention that there was something wrong with your quotes? putting words in my mouth now? Clearly this argument ends now because it's pretty pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest