The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by de_monies
Y'kow the funny thing? When you're basically discussing the subject IN DEPTH because it's something you like, so you've done some of watching documentaries on and what not, and then you tell the teacher exactly what you said, and the look on their face is such a picture!

Damn. If only I'd thought of doing this..
My worst was a exchange between me and my form tutor and went like this:

Her: So what are you going to do after school
Me: I am gong to Henley collage to get a GNVQ in IT and then do A-levels and then go to Uni.
Her: CHRIS BE REALISTIC YOU WILL NEVER GETBIN TO COLLAGE OR UNI.

Well I showed her
Original post by New- Emperor
My worst was a exchange between me and my form tutor and went like this:

Her: So what are you going to do after school
Me: I am gong to Henley college to get a GNVQ in IT and then do A-levels and then go to Uni.
Her: CHRIS BE REALISTIC YOU WILL NEVER GET IN TO COLLEGE OR UNI.

Well I showed her

College, I doubt you're going to collage bro :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dyslexic BRO I went and I have the grades to prove it
Original post by HaQ_mAn_
Well its not gonna be funny if I have to explain it...

Don't be silly.
(edited 9 years ago)
"Here's your holiday homework":tongue:
"Now I know it's not fair that the whole class get's punished for one person wasting those of you who want's to learn time but until the person who done X owns up the whole class will be punished."

So you know that it wasnt everyone who caused a problem yet you punish everyone anyways? Great way to get the truth....
The "you are wasting your potential" speech. I must have had this conversation >1000 times during my time at school. I'm not saying they were wrong as many teachers wasted many hours on me which is unfortunate but it was tedious.
'I have already got my degree'
"I don't have to mark your homework if it's late."

or the:
"Do you want to teach my lesson since you obviously know more than me that's why your're talking."

That happened once....it didn't end well but was the funniest english lesson ive ever been in.
What used to annoy me the most was when I would say "Sir, what does this mean?" And he would say, "What do you think it means?" I always felt like saying, "fool, I don't know, that's why I'm asking you!"
Everytime I asked a question because I didn't know something, even if it was something minor he would say that. -.-'
'I'm not angry, I'm disappointed'
Accompanied by an eyebrow raise and a long stare

Did my noodle in as a kid
It's not the majority...it's the small minority :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Original post by Mubariz
This one who always every year used to say:

"I'm leaving this school, you guys won't see me here again, I'm gonna make it big in music, I know people"

He's still there, and probably worse off than when he started :lol:

HAHHAHAHAHHA ! :grin:

^ SO DELUSIONAL THAT ITS SURREAL :tongue:
Original post by HermioneG28
Stop chewing gum you look like a bored cow
You forgot to do your homework, did you forget to have your dinner last night?
Did I say you could pack up?, only when they don't have to leave
Can I ask you a question? You just did my dear.
How old do you think I am? Awkward silence
It's dangerous to drink in a lab! Their Costa juice is on the table
On parents evening- she's shy, she should participate more. well excuse me if I am not interested about what you did at the weekend!

OMG!! Drinking in the lab used to annoy the **** out of me. You're sitting there with a bottle that has a lid to screw back on after you've taken a quick swig stopping any potential spillages and they're sitting at the front with a massive mug of coffee telling you not to drink in the lab:mad:
Original post by magicnmedicine
the annoying one i found was various incarnations of this situation

kid a punches kid b

kid b either retaliates or shouts out

kid b gets punished alongside kid a, with the teacher saying "you're both as bad as each other", "you're both immature", or if kid b tries to explain the situation, "i don't care, you should both grow up."

i remember one time being aged 10, and this other kid sat next to me kept grabbing my thigh (we had to wear shorts at school) and squeezing it. I pushed him away and we both got a big rollocking, when i tried to explain to the teacher that it was rather annoying trying to do your work when someone was continually groping your thigh, she just said "well he just does it to get a reaction, don't give him one, just ignore it"

now what that teacher did not suspect was going to happen, was that i was about to demonstrate why its annoying, by groping her thigh and pinching it in the same way.

Cue her exploding in rage, "how dare you, do you have no manners, go and see the headteacher now".

To which i said, "i was just doing it to get a reaction miss, just ignore it....."

hahahahahahahaha that was brilliant!!:d:d
"No I haven't marked your homework/mock exams/coursework yet I have other classes to teach you know."
Next Week: "Why haven't you got your work to be handed in yet?" "I'm sorry I haven't finished it yet" "Why not?" "I've been really busy with work from my other subjects." "Well that's just not good enough you should plan and allocate your time better, I'm very disappointed!" Really?? :unimpressed::unimpressed:
Original post by Jubz1
"Not good enough" - when you give an excuse

"Well, wake up earlier" - when an unforseen problem occurs.

The wake up earlier one really annoyed me, especially when there was snow! You had some kids who had to walk because they couldn't get the bus, because it wasn't running in the snow. They were told they should have got up earlier, but they couldn't have predicted there would be snow!

Also, my brother once had a legitimate reason for why he was late to a lesson (I can't remember what it was exactly now, but there was a teacher who would vouch for him so it was something important) and when he turned up late he explained to the teacher why. She told him 'I don't want excuses' and he replied 'it's not an excuse, it's a reason'

That didn't go down well.:s-smilie:
the counting one where they go from 5 down to one and then stand in silence but what annoys me is that in primary school once they got to 1 it would then go up to 1 and a half, 1 and a quarter- the teacher didn't realise she was actually counting up again lol
Okay, so this isn't really a phrase, but one of my teachers used to say "yah" after almost every sentence he said. This became a standing joke, but after a while it got really really REALLY annoying! haha :colondollar:

Latest