The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LetMeTakeASelfie
Yeah that's a really good idea, I know you are right!! Sometimes they.are a waste of time, good stuff, omg it wasn't the displacement one was it, yeay exact same as me I think 18/20

i counted mines and i think i got 17or18/20 and yes it was the displacement one, i couldnt figure that one out haha .. that was a tricky little bliter.
Original post by mathsisannoying
i counted mines and i think i got 17or18/20 and yes it was the displacement one, i couldnt figure that one out haha .. that was a tricky little bliter.

Thats great, I know nightmare, I just put 0 and moved on :L, sounds like you have an A
Thats great, I know nightmare, I just put 0 and moved on :L, sounds like you have an A

i hope so, you too! :smile: - there was a few at the end as well but i think it was Alright, i would be happy with A/B, i think business was easiest exam though.
i hope so, you too! :smile: - there was a few at the end as well but i think it was Alright, i would be happy with A/B, i think business was easiest exam though.

:-), thanks, yeh Physics is a great one to get a Higher in, aww never sat that, would u recommend the Higher
:-), thanks, yeh Physics is a great one to get a Higher in, aww never sat that, would u recommend the Higher

100% its a great higher, i wouldn't say it was my favorite, i usually like maths/physics but i just enjoyed that exam because there is no real answer as long as it has a knowledgeable answer whereas its either right or wrong in maths/physics if you get what i mean? but definitely give it a try! :smile:
Not really put much thought into this yet... that will probably change soon though.
Its always great seeing all the results day noobs :colone:
100% its a great higher, i wouldn't say it was my favorite, i usually like maths/physics but i just enjoyed that exam because there is no real answer as long as it has a knowledgeable answer whereas its either right or wrong in maths/physics if you get what i mean? but definitely give it a try! :smile:

yeah it really is :-), me too!! Yeah I get you, haha I will do, might chuck one of they advanced highers, you actually sound like the male version of me :L
Meeee!! are youuu:smile:

Sadly my last SQA results day was last year :/ But I might stay up till 3/4ish for moral support :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As long as I at least get AAABB for my Highers I'll be over the moon as I'll have the minimum requirements for the degree I want to do :smile:

Maths and Computing were fairly easy, Physics was a bit of a challenge, Chemistry was nice for a chemistry paper and English was a pain in the tushie :frown:
This is going to be my first results day so I'm worrying a little bit haha but I think I done quite well. I'm just scared that I thought I done really well and I'll get bad results :/
Original post by jackamakka
As long as I at least get AAABB for my Highers I'll be over the moon as I'll have the minimum requirements for the degree I want to do :smile:

Maths and Computing were fairly easy, Physics was a bit of a challenge, Chemistry was nice for a chemistry paper and English was a pain in the tushie :frown:

what degree you wanting to do and do you think you have an A in maths?
Original post by ashleymacleod
This is going to be my first results day so I'm worrying a little bit haha but I think I done quite well. I'm just scared that I thought I done really well and I'll get bad results :/

Did you do Nat 5s
Original post by Pennyarcade
Not really put much thought into this yet... that will probably change soon though.
Its always great seeing all the results day noobs :colone:

What highers did u sit
What highers did u sit

Sciences, Maths and English. Fun fun fun
Sciences, Maths and English. Fun fun fun

how did u find maths
how did u find maths

Easy. Higher Maths is essentially a glorified memory test with little to no problem solving whatsoever.
Easy. Higher Maths is essentially a glorified memory test with little to no problem solving whatsoever.

Could you not say that about all Highers though haha? Was a much harder paper than normal
(edited 9 years ago)
Could you not say that about all Highers though haha? Was a much harder paper normal

Well yes, but it is much more noticeable in Higher Maths. My other Highers had problem solving questions (which actually arent the same every year) where you had to apply your knowledge. Maths, however, was just filled with KU meaning that if you learned the course well you could at least make a good effort with every question.
I think the paper was fine this year.
what degree you wanting to do and do you think you have an A in maths?

I'm hoping to do Maths and Physics at Glasgow. I think I have an A in maths, unless I didn't remember anything correctly from the exam when I went over the paper with my teacher. She was really great and had worked us really hard to get an A in Higher so I'll be disappointed if I don't as it's my best subject.
ahhh lucky you!! what course you wanting to do?

Biomedical Engineering :cute:
Only two places in Scotland that run the course though :frown:(

btw have u heard the reason why the exam was supposed to be particularly hard

It's because it was a new team writing the papers after the fiasco last year. So it was just a different writing style/type of questions which no-one was able to be prepared for beforehand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending