The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by c.hollis14
No I haven't heard anything but my offer became unconditional yesterday (so I'm not a "UCAS GOD", I just got my results a week ago) which is probably why. What about you, gap year or God?
I think I applied in March but I'm not sure.

"gap year or God"... Should be a hashtag.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Unconditional for PPE, staying at canterbury court. Hope theres parking :s-smilie:
What on earth is a UCAS God?
Original post by Hola! :3
Sheavyn House! When do you get your results? They'll let you know after you've got those.

I got my results last year (been on a gap year) :smile:
Original post by Liz Ben
What on earth is a UCAS God?

When you apply to UCAS and receive an offer, very few people will get an 'unconditional' offer based soley on either their personal statement or grades; and thus #UCAS_GOD is used to define someone who doesn't take a gap year an receives an unconditional offer before completing the minimum entry level requirements for the course (a levels).

It's a made up term, has a good ring to it though haha
Original post by michaela_d
Hi guys,

I've got an unconditional offer for neuroscience..still haven't found anyone who will be doing the same course hahah

For housing, I got an offer for Canterbury Court and it wasn't even one of my choices. Anyone else with the same course/accommodation? :smile:

Can't wait! :smile:

Hey Michaela,
I'm going to be studying Management, and got an offer to Canterbury court too! It was my third preference though. Have you heard anything about how good/bad it is?

Regards, Sidharth!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Quantum
I were in that group for a week or so and it turned out that it's a scam, beware.

Im in it( just the one for the uni not the city) , But it does seem dodgy, esp as they keep wanting us to join the one for Cardiff as well. And I dont think its done by Students but by some events company
Original post by mr_chamberlain
When you apply to UCAS and receive an offer, very few people will get an 'unconditional' offer based soley on either their personal statement or grades; and thus #UCAS_GOD is used to define someone who doesn't take a gap year an receives an unconditional offer before completing the minimum entry level requirements for the course (a levels).

It's a made up term, has a good ring to it though haha

I didn't realise Manchester turned people into #UCAS_GODs thou? Sussex Definitely seemed to be the worst offenders!!

And Im studying Biochem, Coming up from London! I think there's about 30 people in my year who are going to Manch, but I only know two of them, and not v well. VERY EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDD
I also have an offer for Law with Politics from UoM, I got IB 33 (its an unconditional offer as I graduated last year) so I guess I am lucky as I am 2 points below the minimum requirement :biggrin: I was wondering whether I should change from Law with Politics to Law (both LLB) as I heard it is possible from one of the visiting admission officer from UoM.
Reply 1669
Anyone willing to make a legit freshers group on Facebook? :biggrin:
Oh yeah, that would be great!
Absolutely! We should do that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1672
I made a group and TSR won't let me post the link XD anyways I have no idea what to do with this group ;ddd and I don't think that many people will join
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by neal95
Literally crossing my fingers as manchester is better connected to city law firms so more beneficial for me! That's good, liverpool is a great university to and I would be more than happy to go there :smile: which course have you applied for?

Manchester is just a better all rounder for me, but I love Liverpool and the History course looks just as interesting!
I've applied for History, you're a law hopeful I presume? :biggrin:
Original post by chlodobaggins
Manchester is just a better all rounder for me, but I love Liverpool and the History course looks just as interesting!
I've applied for History, you're a law hopeful I presume? :biggrin:

Yeah it definitely is a much better all rounder, especially for law as I prefer exams over coursework and their is hardly any coursework in the law exams. I did history at a level, I presume you did also? If so which units? I really enjoy reading up history so will most likely keep that up as a habit, I found the wars if the roses more interesting than I first thought :P and yes law hopeful here, was critical before starting a level law but after that I completely fell in love with the subject XD
Post the exact name of the group here, and we can search for it on Facebook.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neal95
Yeah it definitely is a much better all rounder, especially for law as I prefer exams over coursework and their is hardly any coursework in the law exams. I did history at a level, I presume you did also? If so which units? I really enjoy reading up history so will most likely keep that up as a habit, I found the wars if the roses more interesting than I first thought :P and yes law hopeful here, was critical before starting a level law but after that I completely fell in love with the subject XD

I'm the same! I'm an exam over coursework person but if I have too, ill do it!

I did indeed! I did the OCR exam board: for AS I did nazi Germany and Churchill. For A2 I did American Civil Rights and the Vietnam War for coursework, how about yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1677
[insert facebook url here :biggrin:]/groups/610756035688330/ - here it is... it's a one man parteeehh :biggrin:DD

The University of Manchester - 2014/2015 Freshers
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey guys, got a conditional offer to study IBFE at the business school next year! Hoping to live in oak house next year(cheap and cheerful!). When are people thinking if moving in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1679
Original post by poppymorch
Hey guys, got a conditional offer to study IBFE at the business school next year! Hoping to live in oak house next year(cheap and cheerful!). When are people thinking if moving in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello ^^ i am also in Oak House and i will be arriving 11/09 when the contract starts ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending