The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What are you hoping for?

3A*s, 5As and 2Bs

What are you expecting?

2-3A*s, 3-4As and 4-3Bs

Will you be satisfied with your expectation?

Yes, although I would prefer a couple less Bs than expected, especially in Geography (Edexcel B) where the exams (particularly unit 1) seemed to be based on a specification I wasn't made aware of.

How will you open them?

I have a feeling that my hands could have an important part to play here but I guess just trial and error... Most likely trembling in fear and soaked in sweat though, will have to wait and see.

How will you celebrate / react?

Results will most likely influence this...

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?

Hopefully.

Original post by r p
What are you hoping for?
Predicted and hoping for all A*s (11.5)
What are you expecting?
9.5 A*s and 2 As
I guess, but if I don't get all A*s, I will be disappointed anyway. If I get a B, I will break down (I have never got a B in anything in my secondary school career so to get one on results day will shock me).
How will you open them?
Once I have them in my hand I'll just think for a little while and then try to open them calmly and read through it slowly to prevent me mis-reading them (as I expect there will be a lot of grades dotted around for the individual units)
How will you celebrate/react?
I'll go to my friends (although only one is actually in the country for results day) and maybe go to a party that night - someone is bound to have one.
Will you meet your Sixth Form offer?
I am going to carry on at my grammar school sixth form and yes, very easily.

If you were my friend, I'd kill you :smile: ( :biggrin: )
What are you hoping for?
5A*'s 4A's and 1B

What are you expecting?
5A*'s 4A's and 1B

Kinda, I could scrape 7A*'s if things go my way but I could also get a C. Was a little disappointed after a few exams but feel good now.

How will you open them?
Away from everyone else.

Smile if they're good. Brag if I do better than those who supposed to do better than me.

Should, I need minimum straight B's for that.
What I am hoping for:

5 A*'s, 6 A's, 1B (already have two A's)

What I am expecting:

2 A*'s, 8 A's, 2 B's

Will I be satisfied:

Sure!!!! I'll be happy as long as I don't get a C

How will I open them:

I'm going down my school with my friend as soon as it opens and am gonna be so scared!!! And we don't open them at my school they're not in envelopes, the person who gives them to you reads them before you (I HATE THAT)

How will I celebrate:

Go home with my fam!!! And enjoy the rest of the day (if it all goes well)

Did I get into sixth form:

Oui oui! My school already has a sixth form so I get in anyway
Reply 184
Original post by Angelo12231
If you were my friend, I'd kill you :smile: ( :biggrin: )

pls don't :eek:
Original post by r p
pls don't :eek:

:')
What are you hoping for?
2 A*
6 A'S 3 B'S
What are you expecting?
1 A*s 1A 8 Bs 1 C
Very happy since I'm not the brightest student in the world I'm more of an allrounder in truth.If I get all B's and above I'll me extremly happy,since I want to have a clean slate if you know what I mean.

How will you open them?
Get them from the office and probably hang around til friends get their to congratulate and comfort for awhile before going home and sharing then going to my sixth form.

Say thankyou to the relavant teachers and leave to hunt down some friends to talk.I'll probably go African mode and start singing "my god is good" and a variety of gospel if my results are top dollar

God be willing I do.Im fairly sure like 60% sure I'll get in whether I'll be happy though abot the other grades idk.

Also if I get 11 gcses I'll have more GCSE'S then Lacy Banghard(shes only got 10) :smile:

Ofc I'll probably have like the most average results compared to my friends in top set but I'll be happy all the same.Hopefully I don't cry...if anything I'll randomly laugh....
Is anyone else in year 10 and getting their results by post?
Original post by JanitaTwain
Is anyone else in year 10 and getting their results by post?

That's how everyone at my school in year 10 is getting their core science results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tryrevise
That's how everyone at my school in year 10 is getting their core science results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're getting our maths by post and science when we come back. But the gigantic question is: what date are they being posted?
Original post by JanitaTwain
We're getting our maths by post and science when we come back. But the gigantic question is: what date are they being posted?

At my school they arrive at your house on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

6 A*s, 3 As, 1 B and a Distinction

What are you expecting?

4-5 A*s, 4-5 As, 1 B and a Distinction

Yeah, I've already accepted the fact I should have revised more :tongue:

How will you open them?

Very very slowly.

Probably go to the beach, even if the results are terrible (I'm on holiday during results day
:cool:)

Yes
Hoping for (but no chance it will happen as this is just a target by my extremely pressurizing school): 12A*s but honestly, I would be happy with a combination of A*s and As :biggrin:

Expecting: 6/7A*s 5/4As and 1B maybe? It's so hard to tell because the exams this year were really difficult :O :frown:

Open it: Slide it out really slowly and read it line by line in a corner on my own so I can judge my results before I talk to anyone else.

React: Depends but probably either celebrate or console with friends then go home and relax

Will I get into 6th form: probably because not many people have to go :smile:
What are you hoping for?
6a* 4A

What are you expecting?
6A* 2A 2B

yeah as long as i get 4A* and 2As in english.

How will you open them?
Take them to the car where my mom will be waiting and open them.

If i do bad i will be in a pissed off mood for a day or two. If i did well then i am off to Spain with my mates.

Highly likely, i need 4 B grades and a c in maths/english.
Hope we all get the grades we want...now that results day is creeping closer im getting scared like fudge and starting to doubt myself.I'm envisioning a load of fails which is strange because when i left the exams i felt good... :frown:
Original post by scrawlx101
Hope we all get the grades we want...now that results day is creeping closer im getting scared like fudge and starting to doubt myself.I'm envisioning a load of fails which is strange because when i left the exams i felt good... :frown:

LOL yep thats nerves :3 its normal to feel that way, hopefully on results day, you can remind yourself why you felt happy walking out after the exams with the best possible grades, good luck!
What are you hoping for?
English- A* (for both lit&lang)
Maths- A (please! I've was five marks off when I did modular so if I don't get it I'll be so frustrated)
Physics- A
Biology- A*
Chemistry- B
RE- A*
History- A*
Spanish- A
PE- A* (my practical grade was really strong but my theory might not have gone so well)
Dance- B

What are you expecting?
English- A
Maths- B
Physics- B
Biology- B
Chemistry- B
RE- A
History- A* (but I don't want to be too optimistic, I did really well in mocks but I just feel iffy saying that)
Spanish- A
PE- A
Dance- C

Nope. I'll be disappointed with at least a few of them.

How will you open them?
On my own preferably. Though I wouldn't mind if my friends asked if we could do it together.

Probably try not to cry, I get worked up about school easily. If by some miracle I do really well then I'll probably still want to cry but general jumping about.

Almost definitely. I just need to get like 5 Bs and I think I can do that.
Original post by Bethaaaaany
GCSE Results:

I'll just be incredibly relieved :smile: going to an Imagine Dragons concert the day after and my birthday is the day before so I'll be in a good mood either way:wink:

:smile:

You lucky sod, I begged for tickets but my parents are not cooperating :frown:
]What are you hoping for?
5A*'s, 6A's

What are you expecting?
2A*'s, 8A's, 1B. Oh that dreaded B.

No. I would love to have no B's and 3A*'s. I would be happy with that.

How will you open them?
I'm in Italy so will receive an email, which I will most likely open in the car and it will probably be a horrible time.
If good, will say, 'They're alright' and nothing more. If bad, will be in an awful mood for days and will be the most horrible person you've ever met.

Unless I have completely failed, yes :smile:
Oh and one more thing. Is anyone else worried that their handwriting was illegible?

Latest