The Student Room Group

NEXT Sales Support Team

Scroll to see replies

I was wondering the same thing?? do I have to re apply for a permanent position or would they offer it to us??
Original post by Katieitak
I just had an induction for the sale, however I did have an interview for my permanent position :smile:

I'm afraid so :frown: If you really are self-conscious about your arms, wear a long-sleeved black top underneath :smile: You're allowed to wear either black pants or skirt & tights, it's completely up to you aslong as you look smart!

Did you have to re apply for permanent job? or ask for one or??? anyone help please???
x
Reply 22
Original post by manishaBreezy_
Don't worry, I was worried because I didn't have an interview. What questions did they ask you?

They were something along the lines of what has been your biggest achievement, what would you do to make a boring task more fun, things like that. I turned the job down though as I found out it was only for 2 days and shifts could start at 5am :/
Original post by anonymous288
I was wondering the same thing?? do I have to re apply for a permanent position or would they offer it to us??

They ask if you're interested then once your shifts are done they choose people based on what they saw :smile:
Original post by flower124
hey ive applied for a temp sale support job at next too, does anyone know the length of the contract?

Its only for like one or two shifts
Reply 25
hey guys :smile: I've worked at Next for two years and I originally worked as part of the Sale team then managed to get a permanent position later. You will most likely to have to reapply for a permanent role as the management tend to hire lots of staff over the sale, and also there isn't much of an interview process compared to applying for a permanent position. If you have any questions, just ask :smile:
Original post by cl_94
hey guys :smile: I've worked at Next for two years and I originally worked as part of the Sale team then managed to get a permanent position later. You will most likely to have to reapply for a permanent role as the management tend to hire lots of staff over the sale, and also there isn't much of an interview process compared to applying for a permanent position. If you have any questions, just ask :smile:

Did you do anything special to get offered a permanent position? Like go out of your way or something? (I've never worked in a retail environment before) so basically, any tips haha ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by dead101
Did you do anything special to get offered a permanent position? Like go out of your way or something? (I've never worked in a retail environment before) so basically, any tips haha ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Being honest I'm not too sure haha, I didn't have any working experience before the sale. What mostly happens on the sale is you get a lot of new staff standing around, not sure what they're doing, so the best thing to do is ask! There will definitely be something for you to do, and it'll make you look eager and helpful. You probably won't be on the tills, but the key thing is to remember to stay calm and polite despite it getting ridiculously busy at some points in the day!

I don't think getting a permanent position relies on your sale day experience though. I think if there's an opportunity for a permanent job then you are more likely to get it by saying what skills you learnt over the sale etc :smile:
Reply 28
does anyone know once you work part of a sales support team that you can have first pick of the next sale stock?
Original post by Harms
does anyone know once you work part of a sales support team that you can have first pick of the next sale stock?

They told us you can but didn't give us much info...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dead101
They ask if you're interested then once your shifts are done they choose people based on what they saw :smile:

right okay I guess I have to stand out then!

Original post by anonymous288
Did you have to re apply for permanent job? or ask for one or??? anyone help please???
x

You'd have to re-apply :smile:
Original post by cl_94

Hi. I had my induction for the sale support position today, and we were told that we'd be informed which department we would be in for sale day - however this information wasn't given. My shift on sale day isn't until 1pm - any suggestions on what to do when I arrive? Should I just turn up early, clock in and go and speak to admin? Or a supervisor? :/ Thanks :smile:
Reply 33
Hello! I have my first shift as a sale temp at Next tomorrow from 9pm-12 and I think I'm just working in the stockroom...what do i wear?!
What clothing have they asked you to wear? For my first shift it was casual, however, for my second shift I'm unsure. My first shift was preparing for the sale the next day, this shift coming up will be when the store is open? Any suggestions?
Original post by Kendrick10
What clothing have they asked you to wear? For my first shift it was casual, however, for my second shift I'm unsure. My first shift was preparing for the sale the next day, this shift coming up will be when the store is open? Any suggestions?

Did they not give you a sales tshirt and a name badge ?
Original post by dead101
Did they not give you a sales tshirt and a name badge ?

Nope not at all, I'm confused
Reply 37
How do you apply to become a member of the NEXT sale support team? I tried looking for it on the website but couldn't figure out on how to apply for it.
Reply 38
Just got invited to induction. How long does the job last for?
Reply 39
So did I, I am also confused as I was only asked about my availability for 2 shifts. Will I be able to ask for extra hours?
Original post by Trupac
Just got invited to induction. How long does the job last for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending