The Student Room Group

Tell me about your piercings! :)

I'm a big piercing lover and I'm already thinking about what I'd like as my next one as soon as my newest heal and this thread might help me get some first hand info on some. :smile:

So what piercings do you all have and how would you rate them on your own personal pain scale?

Finally what is your faveourite/most recommended piercing out of the ones you have?

So for me

Current piercings
Eyebrow: 2/10
Nose: 3/10 the first time and 2/10 the second
3 x earlobes: 0/10
Navel: 1/10
Nipples: 4/10

Retired Piercings
3 x Forward helix: 3/10
Tragus: 4/10

As you can tell I have a pretty high pain threshold haha, none of them really hurt me.

As for my most recommended and faveourite, it would have to be the nose. I absolutely love it. You can be nice and subtle with studs or make more of a statement with rings. Also I've been through the healing process twice and for me it was probably one of the easiest. So yeah :smile:

What about you lot?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Lobes: 1/10
Eyebrow: 0/10

tbh the lobes just felt like I was stapled in the ear... and being the young, idiotic teenager I was at the time I just went to a high-street place which resulted in them becoming agitated and infected and burned like a b*tch, not to mention took a ridiculous amount of time to heal :frown: Eyebrow on the other hand I went to a professional place and the whole procedure and healing went great :biggrin:

Though I want to get more done now :colone: my school had a very strict piercing policy so it wasn't worth getting stuff done because of healing time and trying to keep it hidden. I'm thinking of getting my lip done and a few more around my ear, I'm a little worried about getting my lip done though because I have a lot of scar tissue there (accidentally bit off the inside of one of my lips which became infected and then scarred over).
I only have both of my ear(lobe)s done. I had them done when I was 14 as a birthday gift from an older friend. Zero pain (done with gun) and have not worn anything in them for some years. Boring I know - though I have worn in the past: big hoops (lol), strawberries, pink hello kitty studs etc.

I still own a few sets of studs, might wear some pink ones to work tomorrow for the amusement of everyone.
I've got 2 lobe piercings on each ear and my right side of my nose pierced. None of them really hurt, although I did have a huge nosebleed when the needle went through my nostril- that was embarrassing! I went to Claire's for my ears and my local tattoo parlour for my nose, I got my tattoo done there a couple of weeks ago :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
One upper helix on left ear. Currently got a black ring in it but took off the ball so it has a small gap, more comfortable to sleep on.
Reply 5
Original post by AlphaDog0127
Lobes: 1/10

tbh the lobes just felt like I was stapled in the ear... and being the young, idiotic teenager I was at the time I just went to a high-street place which resulted in them becoming agitated and infected and burned like a b*tch, not to mention took a ridiculous amount of time to heal :frown: Eyebrow on the other hand I went to a professional place and the whole procedure and healing went great :biggrin:

Though I want to get more done now :colone: my school had a very strict piercing policy so it wasn't worth getting stuff done because of healing time and trying to keep it hidden. I'm thinking of getting my lip done and a few more around my ear, I'm a little worried about getting my lip done though because I have a lot of scar tissue there (accidentally bit off the inside of one of my lips which became infected and then scarred over).

I love eyebrow piercings but I don't think it'd suit me which sucks!

Oh same. When I first got my nose pierced I was 14 and still in the lower school. Only a few teachers were strict about it and I actually got put into isolation the day after I got it done because actually, but others couldn't care less. My PE teacher always asked me to take it out for PE which was fair enough but one time I lost the stud after coming back and it heals very fast. I decided to not bother getting it redone until after year 11 to avoid the anti piercing teacher hassle :L

I want more ear ones but I'm hesitant because the retired ones I have actually had to be cut out at hospital while I was under general anaesthetic :L But I am in love with daiths:smile:

Ouch that sounds painful! My nose was pierced through scar tissue and it actually hurt less but i know for some people it hurts more, it just depends really.
I have my lobes done and 4 cartilage piercings, all about 2/10 for pain.

I also have my navel done which I didn't feel at all so a 1/10. However I might take it out and retire it because I still have mixed feelings about it haha. Keeps getting caught in clothes :frown:

Planning to get my tragus done soon.

Original post by Chlomc

Nipples: 4/10

Wow only a 4? :p:
Reply 7
Original post by bronzeaward

Wow only a 4? :p:

Yeah. It seriously didn't hurt. I was surprised - I was thinking I'd chicken out of the second one because of the pain may be too much but that was far from the reality :smile:
Original post by Chlomc
Yeah. It seriously didn't hurt. I was surprised - I was thinking I'd chicken out of the second one because of the pain may be too much but that was far from the reality :smile:

Wow I'm genuinely surprised. Thinking about getting them done makes me cringe, but I've been tempted. How long were they sore for? I like to sleep on my front haha.
Reply 9
Original post by bronzeaward
Wow I'm genuinely surprised. Thinking about getting them done makes me cringe, but I've been tempted. How long were they sore for? I like to sleep on my front haha.

Do it! Mine have only been pierced for about a month now and they stopped being sore about 2 days after getting it done. But in the first 2 weeks there'd be a random days here and there where they'd be slightly sore. But it's all totally worth it cos they look so pretty :3
Original post by Chlomc
Do it! Mine have only been pierced for about a month now and they stopped being sore about 2 days after getting it done. But in the first 2 weeks there'd be a random days here and there where they'd be slightly sore. But it's all totally worth it cos they look so pretty :3

I think I might but I'll have to be slightly/totally drunk. :p:
Original post by Chlomc
I love eyebrow piercings but I don't think it'd suit me which sucks!

Oh same. When I first got my nose pierced I was 14 and still in the lower school. Only a few teachers were strict about it and I actually got put into isolation the day after I got it done because actually, but others couldn't care less. My PE teacher always asked me to take it out for PE which was fair enough but one time I lost the stud after coming back and it heals very fast. I decided to not bother getting it redone until after year 11 to avoid the anti piercing teacher hassle :L

I want more ear ones but I'm hesitant because the retired ones I have actually had to be cut out at hospital while I was under general anaesthetic :L But I am in love with daiths:smile:

Ouch that sounds painful! My nose was pierced through scar tissue and it actually hurt less but i know for some people it hurts more, it just depends really.

I'd wanted my eyebrow done for over a year before I finally was able to get it done. My school usually let 6th formers wear whatever piercings, but the year I moved up they decided to have a crack down to give the school a "new, more respectable image" pfft. It was a shame because my actual subject teachers didn't give a rats azz what you wore/piercings. I managed to get it done in time and healed up for my end of school leavers do... hehehe that was fun turning up with a piece of metal in my face at a black tie event :biggrin:

If it was only a little bit of scarring I wouldn't be so hesitant to get it done but it's literally the whole inside of my lower lip is just a giant scar and really tough/solid scar tissue.

No regrets getting my eyebrow done though, I LOVE it, loads of people told me not to get it but once it was in and healed up I get loads of compliments about it :smile: I'd probably go piercing crazy but I'm fixed on waiting approx. 8 months between each one so as not to over do it lol too many can sometimes look nasty.
Just my earlobes, done when I was a baby by my auntie apparently :laugh:
Current piercings:

Tongue: 2/10

Helix: 3/10

Stretched Lobes (down to 6mm from 18mm): 6/10

Retired piercings:

Navel: 7/10

Labret: 1/10

Snakebites: 1/10

Medusa: 4/10

Bridge: 1/10

Septum: 3/10

Nose: 4/10

Tongue is my favourite, 'cause... :sexface:

Although I miss all of my old piercings, I'd say I miss my septum, bridge and medusa the most.
(edited 9 years ago)
2 in each earlobe and 1 in left ear cartilage... My second earlobe piercing still hurts a bit after like 2 years :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by AlphaDog0127

No regrets getting my eyebrow done though, I LOVE it, loads of people told me not to get it but once it was in and healed up I get loads of compliments about it :smile: I'd probably go piercing crazy but I'm fixed on waiting approx. 8 months between each one so as not to over do it lol too many can sometimes look nasty.

The only person who tells me not to get piercings is my dad. "It''ll look horrible".. "No you don't want that" and so on but when I go ahead an do it he comes round and admits it's not so bad after all haha.

I second that people should have waiting times/not get too many at the same time because it just makes healing take so much longer. I wouldn't get more than 2 in any one time just because I get paranoid about having difficult piercings :L
Reply 16
Original post by WorldPharmacist
2 in each earlobe and 1 in left ear cartilage... My second earlobe piercing still hurts a bit after like 2 years :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

What kind of jewelry do you wear? I have super sensitive ears so even though my lobes are 13 years old they'll go all red and sore if I wear anything other than silver or gold for more than a day.
Reply 17
I've had:

Collarbones 7/10 (I passed out)
Septum 2/10
Eyebrow Piercing 2/10
Lobes 1/10
Scaffolding 3/10
Navel 3/10
Tragus (both) 5/10
Conch 5/10
Labret Piercing 1/10
Tongue Piercing 2/10
Both helixes 2/10
Nose pierced 4 times 4/10

My piercings are slowly coming out as I'm hoping to become a Midwife and they don't give the right impression. They were great in my younger teenage days but now I'm 18 and realistically haven't been getting work and know I can't rebel anymore haha.
Reply 18
Original post by iJess
I've had:

Collarbones 7/10 (I passed out)
Septum 2/10
Eyebrow Piercing 2/10
Lobes 1/10
Scaffolding 3/10
Navel 3/10
Tragus (both) 5/10
Conch 5/10
Labret Piercing 1/10
Tongue Piercing 2/10
Both helixes 2/10
Nose pierced 4 times 4/10

My piercings are slowly coming out as I'm hoping to become a Midwife and they don't give the right impression. They were great in my younger teenage days but now I'm 18 and realistically haven't been getting work and know I can't rebel anymore haha.

Wow that's a lot! What ones are you planning on keeping, if any?
Original post by Chlomc
The only person who tells me not to get piercings is my dad. "It''ll look horrible".. "No you don't want that" and so on but when I go ahead an do it he comes round and admits it's not so bad after all haha.

I second that people should have waiting times/not get too many at the same time because it just makes healing take so much longer. I wouldn't get more than 2 in any one time just because I get paranoid about having difficult piercings :L

I've had friends that rushed into getting piercings, got them done, didn't like them. And having to take them out and let them heal correctly can be a right faff lol it's worse if you aren't the right age to get it done yet, a couple of people I knew decided to go to some very un-respectable places or do piercings themselves just because they couldn't wait another 2 months for their birthday :facepalm: that lead to some pretty horrific infections that would put you off piercings for a very long time lol

Quick Reply

Latest