The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackamakka
I'm hoping to do Maths and Physics at Glasgow. I think I have an A in maths, unless I didn't remember anything correctly from the exam when I went over the paper with my teacher. She was really great and had worked us really hard to get an A in Higher so I'll be
disappointed if I don't as it's my best subject.

that sounds great !! Im sure you'll have your A, it was my best subject too until I sat the final exam haha :L
Original post by greenladybird
Biomedical Engineering :cute:
Only two places in Scotland that run the course though :frown:(

oh that sounds fancy!! Do Glasgoe run that

It's because it was a new team writing the papers after the fiasco last year. So it was just a different writing style/type of questions which no-one was able to be prepared for beforehand.

yeah that's exactly what I heard too, I just wish they would get it right, its either ridiculously easy like last years or hard like ours...
Original post by LetMeTakeASelfie
Did you do Nat 5s

Yes, I did do Nat 5's. Did you?
Original post by ashleymacleod
Yes, I did do Nat 5's. Did you?

Don't worry too much, I was like that when I did my Standard Grades last year, truth is, they're just a stepping stone, Highers take over, then Advanced Highers, then Uni degrees and your Nat Fives will be a distant memory... :P you've probably did really well though so don't worry
yeah that's exactly what I heard too, I just wish they would get it right, its either ridiculously easy like last years or hard like ours...

Yup it's Glasgow and Strathclyde, aiming for Strathclyde though :smile:
I don't think it was exactly hard, it just focused on certain types of questions more compared to previous years which most people didn't seem to be prepared for somehow...
Don't worry too much, I was like that when I did my Standard Grades last year, truth is, they're just a stepping stone, Highers take over, then Advanced Highers, then Uni degrees and your Nat Fives will be a distant memory... :P you've probably did really well though so don't worry

I already started highers a few weeks before summer and they make Nat 5's seem so easy now haha
Waiting on highers, the wait is endless! 2 weeks tomorrow, who's nervous?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by weejackie10
Waiting on highers, the wait is endless! 2 weeks tomorrow, who's nervous?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me! :s-smilie:
I'm not as nervous as I was last year though! This year's been a lot better! :smile:
What Highers did you do? Good luck to you!! :biggrin:
Original post by LongLazyDays
Me! :s-smilie:
I'm not as nervous as I was last year though! This year's been a lot better! :smile:
What Highers did you do? Good luck to you!! :biggrin:

Yeah, it definitely gets easier as time goes on! Especially as the wait between final exam and results gets shorter and shorter. :tongue:
I know someone on here from Oxford who got his exam results on the same afternoon as he sat the exam. :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Yeah, it definitely gets easier as time goes on! Especially as the wait between final exam and results gets shorter and shorter. :tongue:
I know someone on here from Oxford who got his exam results on the same afternoon as he sat the exam. :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! This year I finished 28th May and time has flown since then. I haven't done much in that time!! :colondollar:
:eek: Woah! That's quick! Did he get into Oxford? If so, well done to him!

I wish that could happen with all exams...but I do like waiting for my results.

Only problem is if I get, say a B in Chemistry (:w00t::w00t:) I'll forget what questions came up that helped me! :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 70
What is the earliest time that you can get your results by text/e-mail?
2 weeks tomorrow will fly in, decided to not open the email/text and just open my last year of results from the good ol traditional Mail Man, although i heard that track/ucas can email you early with their decision as well before that so if i do im opening that one just in case !
Original post by Dralcon

They come in waves from usually 1am in the morning if i were you id have a good night sleep and wake up with them you might be in the last batch theres no particular person who picks whos results are sent first, there is no order at all !
Original post by Dralcon

Around 01:00
Reply 74
Original post by mathsisannoying
They come in waves from usually 1am in the morning if i were you id have a good night sleep and wake up with them you might be in the last batch theres no particular person who picks whos results are sent first, there is no order at all !

Do you know if they're hourly waves or whether the texts are sent out at random times?
Original post by Dralcon
Do you know if they're hourly waves or whether the texts are sent out at random times?
From what i know they are hourly :smile:
Original post by Dralcon

They're sent out in waves, but I think more frequently than hourly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
They're sent out in waves, but I think more frequently than hourly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

maybe depending how how many people ask for it to be sent by text/email it varies really id say last year it was almost hourly.
Original post by mathsisannoying
maybe depending how how many people ask for it to be sent by text/email it varies really id say last year it was almost hourly.

Ah ok, I wasn't 100% sure. You're probably right then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah Results Day. I do keep forgetting that I have results to get! So glad I received an Unconditional. Don't think I could bare the stress of results day, again. However if you have a Conditional, very best of luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending