The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DH1'
Surely Luis will be a starter at LB though. Paid 20m for him, and he's excellent. Not sure Mourinho wants to keep Azpi away from his favoured side. Read an article that the FB's will be much closer to the CB's in competing for BPs this season too.

I just expect Mourinho to keep the same back four as last year, but you may be right.
Reply 221
Original post by Qari
So do you think Herrera and Markovic will start as well?
If we're basing starting on their price?

Herrera, yes. Markovic, probably not
Doesn't look like baps will change too much next season, not enough to be concerned about really. The main issue seems to be up front, Dzeko + Giroud is a little worrying :lol:
Original post by Qari
So do you think Herrera and Markovic will start as well?
If we're basing starting on their price?

Your argument makes absolutely no sense. Firstly £20m is not a lot of money for a winger or attacking midfielder now, it is just the norm whereas £20m for a left back is quite unusual.
Price is determined by a few things such as talent, age, potential, position and lots more. Felipe Luis is 28 whilst Herrera is 24 and Markovic is 20. Herrera and Markovic have got a lot of their careers still to come and have both shown the potential to be top players. They are being bought in the knowledge there will be a decent sell on value whereas an expensive left back who is already 28 will not be sold for profit.
Spending £20m+ on a very young attacking winger/midfielder is very common, spending £20m on a 28 year old left back with a diminishing sell on value is not very common. You don't spend that much money on a fullback and then leave them on the bench.
Reply 224
Original post by Alex Doran
Your argument makes absolutely no sense. Firstly £20m is not a lot of money for a winger or attacking midfielder now, it is just the norm whereas £20m for a left back is quite unusual.
Price is determined by a few things such as talent, age, potential, position and lots more. Felipe Luis is 28 whilst Herrera is 24 and Markovic is 20. Herrera and Markovic have got a lot of their careers still to come and have both shown the potential to be top players. They are being bought in the knowledge there will be a decent sell on value whereas an expensive left back who is already 28 will not be sold for profit.
Spending £20m+ on a very young attacking winger/midfielder is very common, spending £20m on a 28 year old left back with a diminishing sell on value is not very common. You don't spend that much money on a fullback and then leave them on the bench.

do you think either of those two will start?
Reply 225
Original post by DH1'
Herrera, yes. Markovic, probably not

thanks for that lucky I decided against Markovic :biggrin:
Reply 226
Original post by little_wizard123
Doesn't look like baps will change too much next season, not enough to be concerned about really. The main issue seems to be up front, Dzeko + Giroud is a little worrying :lol:

Giroud most likely will get the games unless Arsenal get another striker,
but Dzeko is a little concerning, I mean Negredo is out but he also has Jovetic to play so I doubt he'll get much game time and i think he'll alternate between jovetic aguero and dzeko. or maybe come on at half time
Like the H2H leagues idea :yy: Joined C.
Reply 228
Original post by Prandtl
Like the H2H leagues idea :yy: Joined C.

Might join that one instead of A.

I stillre member losing to you in that tsr thing we had on the other forum
Original post by Qari

Herrera yes, Markovic no
Reply 230
Original post by Alex Doran
Herrera yes, Markovic no

k thanks

well that's reassuring
Original post by Qari

Herrera could play with a broken leg and he'll still be our best midfielder. I don't think he's a very good player for FPL though.

Original post by Louis.
Anyone else struggling for strikers? I'm worried about the fitness of RVP and Aguero over a season. Don't know what LVG's plans are for Rooney, and Costa is obviously a risk as it's his first season. Lukaku and Negredo's futures are uncertain so that's worries over 6 out of the 7 most expensive strikers. Might have to bite the bullet and work RVP in, looking at early fixtures.

Dzeko is a dead cert given Negredo's injury and the fact Aguero looked injured/unfit at the World Cup. The other two, absolutely no idea. I don't want to go down the cheap striker route because you just know one of the premium players will start scoring and it'll be a pain to get him in without an excessive hit/WC. Just look at how many people got burned by Anelka last year, or Boselli a few years back.

Luis @ 6.0 has caused me to reshape my team a bit. Lot happier with this one compared to the one I posted previously.

Begovic
Luis Rafael Chester/Mariappa
Fabregas De Jong Sanchez Eriksen
Dzeko Bony Rooney

Bench: 16.5m (tba)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 232
Original post by sr90
Herrera could play with a broken leg and he'll still be our best midfielder. I don't think he's a very good player for FPL though.

Dzeko is a dead cert given Negredo's injury and the fact Aguero looked injured/unfit at the World Cup. The other two, absolutely no idea. I don't want to go down the cheap striker route because you just know one of the premium players will start scoring and it'll be a pain to get him in without an excessive hit/WC. Just look at how many people got burned by Anelka last year, or Boselli a few years back.

Luis @ 6.0 has caused me to reshape my team a bit. Lot happier with this one compared to the one I posted previously.

Begovic
Luis Rafael Chester/Mariappa
Fabregas De Jong Sanchez Eriksen
Dzeko Bony Rooney

Bench: 16.5m (tba)

you're forgetting City also have Jovetic
and I'm taking a risk for now.

My new one is

Schmeichel
Vlaar Ferdinand Shaw
Herrera Sánchez Tadic/De Jong Nasri
Rivière/Pelle van Persie Diego Costa

if i go for de jong then striker will be pelle and vice versa.

Bench 16.5
Count me in! Isengard FC.
I'm in. Carrotoflies. Never done this before so I'm not expecting much xD
Original post by Qari
X

I've seen a lot of people go for Vlaar, is this on the basis he goes to Southampton? Because look at his fixtures if he stays at Villa.

13 Sep 17:30 Gameweek 4 Liverpool (A)
20 Sep 15:00 Gameweek 5 Arsenal (H)
27 Sep 15:00 Gameweek 6 Chelsea (A)
04 Oct 17:30 Gameweek 7 Man City (H)
18 Oct 15:00 Gameweek 8 Everton (A)
27 Oct 20:00 Gameweek 9 QPR (A)
02 Nov 16:00 Gameweek 10 Spurs (H)
08 Nov 15:00 Gameweek 11 West Ham (A)

:lolwut:
Felipe Luis or Azpilicueta...hmmm
Luis. Azpi will be the RB or Ivanovic / Luis back up surely?

Has the cash league been set up yet?
(edited 9 years ago)
Charlie's Adam set pieces are worth 6.0 alone.

BTW, I'm in. LvG's Goats I think my team name is. Division A.
Reply 239
Original post by TheBallWinner
Luis. Azpi will be the RB or Ivanovic / Luis back up surely?

Has the cash league been set up yet?

It has yeah. £10 entry. Just PM me if you're interested and ready to pay, i can then give you the code

Quick Reply

Latest