The Student Room Group

...Starting to panic, how do I get Proof of claim of JSA?

I'll keep this short.
I'm due to start a course in September, I need to finish enrolling by 15th August or I lose my spot; but I've just lost my job. I was told by the college since I've got a funded spot the job centre would pay the course fees but I would need to provide proof of my claim or something.

How do I go about this? I don't want to look like a dole dosser or someone just using the government to pay for my fees :/

I can't just sign on and be like "oh by the way I need you to pay for my course as well".

Thanks for any help!
Original post by Kebabio
I'll keep this short.
I'm due to start a course in September, I need to finish enrolling by 15th August or I lose my spot; but I've just lost my job. I was told by the college since I've got a funded spot the job centre would pay the course fees but I would need to provide proof of my claim or something.

How do I go about this? I don't want to look like a dole dosser or someone just using the government to pay for my fees :/

I can't just sign on and be like "oh by the way I need you to pay for my course as well".

Thanks for any help!

I did the same thing for my Access course. After you sign on they send a letter of entitlement through the post, use that for enrolment at your college.
Reply 2
Original post by roachesandratsx
I did the same thing for my Access course. After you sign on they send a letter of entitlement through the post, use that for enrolment at your college.

Oh great! That's a relief!! Do I need to inform the Job centre about what I'm doing or just go for it?
Thanks a lot for the reply BTW :smile:
Original post by Kebabio
Oh great! That's a relief!! Do I need to inform the Job centre about what I'm doing or just go for it?
Thanks a lot for the reply BTW :smile:

No problem! :smile: I'm not too sure about informing the job centre though because some may be stricter than others? Mine were totally fine with it. Maybe bring it up hypothetically first and see how they react?
Reply 4
Hmm, yeah. That sounds like a plan! I'll ask around as well, there's bound to be a few people that'll know. Thanks again for your help, I was going my ends haha!
If you can get your course paid for due to being on jsa then embrace the opportunity to be honest. It's not the colleges place to judge your circumstances and trust me they won't because college attracts people from all walks of life.

Simply ask the job centre for a letter to prove that you're on jsa (you may have one that's already been posted to you) then show it to the college :smile:

Original post by Kebabio
I'll keep this short.

Thanks for any help!
Just be aware that if you're studying on a part time course you can stay on jsa but if your course is full time your jsa might stop.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending