The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_XqzGpVnuLs

this also so disgusting, the isralies are watching gaza being bombed like it some joke
Neither, because I don't have a stake in this (and neither do any of you), I don't know a great deal about it (again, if you don't live there, neither do any of you), and I just don't care. The Israelis and Palestinians have been at each other's throats for decades; this isn't new, it isn't a problem anybody is going to solve, and I've lost all interest.
Original post by tsr1269
You condone collective punishment.

By the same token, HAMAS also practises collective punishment on the Israeli's.

You are as bad as HAMAS and Israel...

I don't condone collective punishment, I blame Hamas for its existence. Learn the difference.
Al Jazeera not welcome in Israel, due to Qatar's attempts to broker a ceasefire.

And they claim "Israel is a democracy"...
Original post by felamaslen
I don't condone collective punishment, I blame Hamas for its existence. Learn the difference.

You are justifying the actions of the Israeli's so you condone collective punishment.

Something about this conflict brings out the hypocrisy in certain people...
Original post by tsr1269

For a group which only killed 2 soldiers in the last skirmish, having a ~2000%+ markup on that figure with rudimentary equipment is something that they feel is the best way to resist the occupation.

Well, a 20:1 ratio is pretty good. :smile:
Original post by looseseal
This is due to Israel working on the principle that if someone flicks your ear it gives you the justification to cut off their arm and kill their whole family.

And although they have put certain "safety measures" in place to reduce the number of civilian deaths in Gaza it is very clear that these measures are nowhere near effective enough. I wonder how many deaths of innocent Palestinians it will take for Israel to think "hang on, we're actually doing more harm than good". I'm betting that figure is probably around 1.5million.

Agreed.
Original post by Chindits
Hamas - "we are sending our people to death"

Crazy terrorists!
Gaza like any rational person

I thought you said that is was horrific to be pleased with killing people?
And 20:1 isn't really that impressive when you consider it to the civilian:militant ratio
Haunting picture, reminiscent of the Nazi Holocaust. Frail and bloodied young men. You can see their bones sticking out. **** Israel to the deepest pit of hell.
Let us hope that all fascist Israeli soldiers and illegal occupiers meet the same fate as the 2/3 dozen Israeli soldiers :smile:

I can't believe you are applauding and glorifying civilian deaths...
Original post by Jammy Duel
I thought you said that is was horrific to be pleased with killing people?
And 20:1 isn't really that impressive when you consider it to the civilian:militant ratio

It is, I'm just talking from a military point of view - a 20:1 ratio is pretty good.

Unsustainable in the long run for the party suffering the 20 death for every one of the enemy.

So hopefully the 'palestinians' will see sense and decide to halt their incessant rocket fire, as I only see that ratio growing in Israel's favour :smile:
Reply 1174
Where's the neither option? I admit I haven't read into the situation in too much depth, cause it really is a minefield sorting through the various media sources and wondering who is the most reliable and trustworthy, but as far as I can see, both sides have committed atrocities and attacked each other and it was Hamas who broke the ceasefire was it not? Its awful to see the suffering of the Palestinian people and they clearly have suffered more than the Israelis, but I'm not sure I understand why so many people are so strongly pro-Palestinian, as their hands are hardly clean in all this.
It is, I'm just talking from a military point of view - a 20:1 ratio is pretty good.

Unsustainable in the long run for the party suffering the 20 death for every one of the enemy.

So hopefully the 'palestinians' will see sense and decide to halt their incessant rocket fire, as I only see that ratio growing in Israel's favour :smile:

I know that Israel isn't particularly hot on international law, and you aren't too hot on logic, but given current civilian fatality estimates, in military terms it's no where near 20:1. And then in terms of international relations, the high civilian rates are already proving suicidal.
Why did Israel bomb a hospital? Were there weapons in the hospital or were there people being treated for wounds sustained from consistent airstrikes in civilian regions? I wonder...
Original post by FATchristopher
Why did Israel bomb a hospital? Were there weapons in the hospital or were there people being treated for wounds sustained from consistent airstrikes in civilian regions? I wonder...

None of the pro-Zionist enthusiasts on this thread is going to answer that; they can't possibly, without resorting to the same old exhausted tactics, ostensibly apologetic speculation that Hamas was hiding in the hospital, or the bomb fell accidentally (in spite of the much-celebrated superior war machinery the army uses), collateral damage is inevitable, the same old guff.
Original post by tsr1269
You are justifying the actions of the Israeli's so you condone collective punishment.

Something about this conflict brings out the hypocrisy in certain people...

I'm not "justifying" the actions of the Israelis, I am giving background to it and telling you why they are doing it.

Going by your logic, all wars are immoral, since they involve killing people and surely you would not wish to condone death. :rolleyes:
Reply 1179
reports that large parts of Gaza are covered in white phosphorus gas, war crimes yo

Latest

Trending

Trending