The Student Room Group

Is this ok to ask her out?

Hi guysIm preparing to ask this girl out in my school sometime next week. Does this sound ok? "Hey amy(thats her name) would you fancy going to cinema on friday evening with me?" Also if she says yes where can i Take her for Second date and how long after the first one? Im 15 Shes 14

Scroll to see replies

That sounds fine, do you talk to each other a lot because she might be a bit surprised if you randomly walked up to her and asked her out? Also you could take her out for dinner next time like nandos or pizza hut or if theres something she enjoys doing you could go do it together or something! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rachelmcl13
That sounds fine, do you talk to each other a lot because she might be a bit surprised if you randomly walked up to her and asked her out? Also you could take her out for dinner next time like nandos or pizza hut or if theres something she enjoys doing you could go do it together or something! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No we dont talk often because im abit shy and Shes in year below
Original post by Fruitbatapple
No we dont talk often because im abit shy and Shes in year below

Then it would be pretty awkward...talk to her more and get to know her better before asking her out...
Original post by 29Bilal96
Then it would be pretty awkward...talk to her more and get to know her better before asking her out...

Perhaps but my mate told me that she might like me. She Keeps liking all my pictures on instagram!
Reply 5
Perhaps but my mate told me that she might like me. She Keeps liking all my pictures on instagram!

Let's put it simple. Do you like her? If so, ask her out. Just be prepared for her to be shocked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am prepared for her to be shocked. Off course i like her!
Reply 7
Get in there son. You ain't got nothing to lose :borat:
Reply 8
I'd recommend going for it mate, I know it can seem scary as it did when I was your age. Just basically think if she were to say no what's the worst that could happen. Be sure to be confident when you ask her. Good luck.
Original post by Keoje
Get in there son. You ain't got nothing to lose :borat:

Hopefully she will say yes
Original post by Coxy124
I'd recommend going for it mate, I know it can seem scary as it did when I was your age. Just basically think if she were to say no what's the worst that could happen. Be sure to be confident when you ask her. Good luck.

thanks bud! hopefully she will say yes! thing is I don't think she knows ive never had a girlfriend!!!
By the way any tips for the first date?
Reply 12
By the way any tips for the first date?

I wouldn't go to the cinema for the first date.

This is from personal experience.

The whole point in the first date is to chat and get to know each other.

In the cinema you're sat in silence for 2 hours. How are you supposed to develop the relationship?

Instead, take her bowling. Fun, competitive, and most importantly you can chat.

Good luck! Just remember to have fun :smile:
I think the cinema is a good idea (when I was 14 I was so horribly shy around boys that an hour and a half in the cinema was pretty good for not hyperventilating/developing a comfort zone. But then, it depends how shy you both are). Then go to a nice/calm coffee shop of some sort for a drink (you can talk about the film and hopefully it will lead to more stuff to talk about).

For subsequent dates, bowling, restaurant, walk/picnic, etc. See how it goes first time, but maybe a second date a week or 10 days after the first I guess.

Good luck :colone:
I was thinking bowling but wasnt sure about it..
Do i kiss her on first date?
Reply 16

Only if she gives the signal. Nothing worse than a premature kiss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Only if she gives the signal. Nothing worse than a premature kiss

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are the signals? Sorry if it sound Stupid but ive never dated
Reply 18
What are the signals? Sorry if it sound Stupid but ive never dated

It's hard to explain, but you'll know it when you see it - I was the same don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

Why the rush?

I second the bowling instead of cinema notion. You can talk more, but still have something to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending