The Student Room Group

Lump on breasts/ armpits with pain: Has any other teenage girl experienced this...?

(I had another acc before where I posted a similar post so if you read a similar post from a different user it was probably me)

This is my story from the start: Im 16. It was back in December time where I found a lump on the right hand side of my breast and then in January where I found it on my left in the exact same place. Back then they were painless but as weeks went by it got a bit a painful but not a lot. Also you cannot see but only feel them, and back then you could only feel them if you really stretched the skin and had a GOOD feel. I went to the doc and after going from pillar to post for months it was like in May time where I was referred to a clinic. The tests I did there were a chest x-ray, blood tests, physical examination by a doctor and a heart rate test. Now this may seem like a LOT of tests but lets be honest they dont really tell me anything. The doctors said it'll probably something to do with growing up and give it a month and it'll go away. What really confuses me about these lumps is that they are on my armpit and even though they are movable you cant completely "pick it up" as the bottom of the lump is like joined on to the breast muscle or something.
and now.. every part of my breasts are hurting when I press them and I cant sleep on them. Also this may be paranoia but when I feel my breasts they are REALLY lumpy and bumpy (they are not like the armpit lumps though.) As well as this my nipple is REALLY sore and its like kinda whitish at the tip. Oh and you don’t need to really stretch the skin to feel the lumps now but you can actually feel them easily.

Im going back to the doc, and hopefully will have breast scan this time. But I've just had enough now and wanted to know if anyone else has experienced something similar. I know this is only a student site but it would be good if I could get your thoughts...im desperate.
Reply 1
I would urgently get yourself checked out. That isn't normal at all, and let's be honest, it'll only be speculation on here and nothing concrete!
Original post by NicCx
I would urgently get yourself checked out. That isn't normal at all, and let's be honest, it'll only be speculation on here and nothing concrete!

^ This exactly.
/Thread
I understand you're very concerned, so I think seeing your doctor is a good idea so you can discuss these worries with them, and hopefully they can reassure you. However, if it's of any help, you're only 16, have had investigations that the GP thought appropriate already which were clear, the lumps have come and gone, with generally lumpy breasts that cause you pain and discomfort - these are all very reassuring features that make serious diagnoses much less likely. Of course, absolutely see your doctor about any lumps in your breasts, but try not to worry, they've seen this sort of thing hundreds of times before and will arrange the right tests if they feel there is any cause for concern. As always, make sure you see a doctor if your symptoms worsen or change in anyway.

I hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
I understand you're very concerned, so I think seeing your doctor is a good idea so you can discuss these worries with them, and hopefully they can reassure you. However, if it's of any help, you're only 16, have had investigations that the GP thought appropriate already which were clear, the lumps have come and gone, with generally lumpy breasts that cause you pain and discomfort - these are all very reassuring features that make serious diagnoses much less likely. Of course, absolutely see your doctor about any lumps in your breasts, but try not to worry, they've seen this sort of thing hundreds of times before and will arrange the right tests if they feel there is any cause for concern. As always, make sure you see a doctor if your symptoms worsen or change in anyway.

I hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much for your advice and reassurance, appreciated :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest