The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Childrens nursing - Hep B vaccine 2014

Hi
I have an unconditional offer from Kings to start in Sept. 14 and currently doing my occupational health questionnaire etc. I'm trying to book an appointment to get my hepatitis B vaccine but my local doctors said they can't just give them out anymore and they need documentary evidence from O.H to confirm why i fully need it.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem? I've emailed the uni but no response yet.

Any help would be great :smile: and anyone else starting in Sept ?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by gracer2702
Hi
I have an unconditional offer from Kings to start in Sept. 14 and currently doing my occupational health questionnaire etc. I'm trying to book an appointment to get my hepatitis B vaccine but my local doctors said they can't just give them out anymore and they need documentary evidence from O.H to confirm why i fully need it.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem? I've emailed the uni but no response yet.

Any help would be great :smile: and anyone else starting in Sept ?

Thank you :smile:

Hi , I am also starting Undergraduate Children's Nursing September 2014, I did not have the same problem, I had my Hepatitis B vaccination today. All I did was made an appointment with the nurse and explained to her that I needed one and she booked me in.

Have you spoken to your GP practice nurse? she should be able to help as they are aware of the vaccinations needed.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by tanzeela786
Hi , I am also starting Undergraduate Children's Nursing September 2014, I did not have the same problem, I had my Hepatitis B vaccination today. All I did was made an appointment with the nurse and explained to her that I needed one and she booked me in.

Have you spoken to your GP practice nurse? she should be able to help as they are aware of the vaccinations needed.

Hi, yea I've been speaking with the nurse practicner who has been talking with the practice manager about it! I found something from the uni that explains I'll be having a new start check and everything and she's going to speak to him again and get back to me. Are you booked in for your second dose as well before September ?
Double check with King's that this is still okay, but when I did my nursing degree there I didn't have the vaccination prior to them giving it to me at my first occupational health appointment.

It's usually occupational health that will administer Hep B vaccines, that goes for any healthcare profession where it's needed. It isn't usual for your GP surgery to do it.
Hi, yea I've been speaking with the nurse practicner who has been talking with the practice manager about it! I found something from the uni that explains I'll be having a new start check and everything and she's going to speak to him again and get back to me. Are you booked in for your second dose as well before September ?

the second dose should be either 4-6 weeks or 6-8 weeks after i cannot remember. My GP can only do up to two week bookings so my next dose is at the end of August but I have to book it nearer to the time..

They should be able to help you. why don't you take the Occupational health requirement questionnaire doses that was attached to the email from Kings and show the GP. It requires alot of pestering until you can get the dose done :angry: ....
Original post by CupcakeDoll
Double check with King's that this is still okay, but when I did my nursing degree there I didn't have the vaccination prior to them giving it to me at my first occupational health appointment.

It's usually occupational health that will administer Hep B vaccines, that goes for any healthcare profession where it's needed. It isn't usual for your GP surgery to do it.

H, we have been told to have the vaccinations done ourselves and if we do not, We have to have it after we have enrolled but we will then have to pay for it. So it is better if we get it done it now :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by tanzeela786
the second dose should be either 4-6 weeks or 6-8 weeks after i cannot remember. My GP can only do up to two week bookings so my next dose is at the end of August but I have to book it nearer to the time..

They should be able to help you. why don't you take the Occupational health requirement questionnaire doses that was attached to the email from Kings and show the GP. It requires alot of pestering until you can get the dose done :angry: ....

I finally managed to get my first dose booked in last week! It did take a while the nurse had to speak to the practice managed it did take 3 phone calls from me! Getting my second dose middle of august, so glad it's sorted!
I finally managed to get my first dose booked in last week! It did take a while the nurse had to speak to the practice managed it did take 3 phone calls from me! Getting my second dose middle of august, so glad it's sorted!

finally well done!! I have not booked my second dose yet. I have to wait two weeks before I get it done to book it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest