The Student Room Group

Scared ill miss ucl offer-

Hi

i need AAA to meet my offer for UCL.... im feeling i will get A*AB to AAC (worst worst worst scenario ABC...

disregarding my worst case scenario, i dont stand a chance do I???-( is there any possiblity I will be accepted)??

i dont want to go to my insurance choice at all. I was feeling ok / optimistic at first but lately as results day has started i havent felt so good about all of this...

any advice? much appreciated guys
What course are you planning to study? There are always exceptions for people that don't achieve entry requirements.
Contacting admissions would be the best option for you or apply under mitigating circumstances.
Original post by Black Cat
What course are you planning to study? There are always exceptions for people that don't achieve entry requirements.
Contacting admissions would be the best option for you or apply under mitigating circumstances.

Hi there, thanks for replying!!!

that was my account but its not letting me log in now...

im studying civil engineering... Should I contact admissions now?
the thing is I dont think I have extenuating circumstances :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by oranjuice
Hi there, thanks for replying!!!

that was my account but its not letting me log in now...

im studying civil engineering... Should I contact admissions now?
the thing is I dont think I have extenuating circumstances :colondollar:

Contact them and ask about the course intake see how many spaces there are left and if there are a lot then you might be able to get in with lower grades.
Original post by Black Cat
Contact them and ask about the course intake see how many spaces there are left and if there are a lot then you might be able to get in with lower grades.

hi, thanks for replying!

by spaces left do you mean after results day? beacuse they narrowed down the applicants in the 1st place so i think they gave offers to how many people they need
hi, thanks for replying!

by spaces left do you mean after results day? beacuse they narrowed down the applicants in the 1st place so i think they gave offers to how many people they need

Yeah, some courses are heavily subscribed so the competition is more fierce whilst other courses have far less people applying. It would be best to contact them to discuss your options. If that doesn't work out then you can always look at foundation courses at your preferred university.

I hope you succeed and get the grades, but don't let it discourage you when you don't because it isn't the end of the world.
Reply 6
I'm in the same boat as you, only with Politics.

The first thing I did was contact the admissions tutor of your course and ask, not about this year, but last year's intake. Were they able to take some dropped-grade candidates for your course? They do not have, and are not at liberty to tell, anything about this year's process until results day.

Chances are, if your course does normally, that hope is not yet lost!

Best of luck! :biggrin:
Original post by Pedd
I'm in the same boat as you, only with Politics.

The first thing I did was contact the admissions tutor of your course and ask, not about this year, but last year's intake. Were they able to take some dropped-grade candidates for your course? They do not have, and are not at liberty to tell, anything about this year's process until results day.

Chances are, if your course does normally, that hope is not yet lost!

Best of luck! :biggrin:

thanks for replying!

ok so you think it'll be best if I call and ask about last years intake?...

i called today and asked about this years and they said they cant guarantee anything and they dont know themselves it depends on how everyone else did... they did talk about remarking that kinda scared me... what If it gets remarked and im still a grade/two grades below in one subject...

good luck to you aswell in my case i dont really want to go to my insurance choice at all
Reply 8
thanks for replying!

ok so you think it'll be best if I call and ask about last years intake?...

i called today and asked about this years and they said they cant guarantee anything and they dont know themselves it depends on how everyone else did... they did talk about remarking that kinda scared me... what If it gets remarked and im still a grade/two grades below in one subject...

good luck to you aswell in my case i dont really want to go to my insurance choice at all

Yep, give them a call for sure! It can't hurt. :biggrin:

Likewise. What is your insurance?
Original post by Pedd
Yep, give them a call for sure! It can't hurt. :biggrin:

Likewise. What is your insurance?

my insurance is brunel what about you?
Reply 10
my insurance is brunel what about you?

Queen Mary. Funnily enough, I had an offer from Brunel: AAB. Thought they were having a laugh. :colonhash:
Original post by Pedd
Queen Mary. Funnily enough, I had an offer from Brunel: AAB. Thought they were having a laugh. :colonhash:

ahaha my offer if ABB, i dont really like the location the name loads of things... added to the fact that UCL is such a better uni ill be really done for if i dont get the place :eek:
(edited 9 years ago)
Did you guys get in!? please give me hope this is me right now for pharmacy :frown: :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending