The Student Room Group

Is 50 cent the best rapper ever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stefl14
That's not even relevant. I've sought out the tracks of these rappers more times than I have 50 cent. The only time I hear 50 cent its usually by accident. Mainstream popularity =/= best rapper.

he wasnt just mainstream tho. he killed it on the streets bfore that. POWER OF THE DOLLAR
Original post by ganjasaurus.
he wasnt just mainstream tho. he killed it on the streets bfore that. POWER OF THE DOLLAR

I'm old enough to remember, he was never known as great rapper. From the early days until now he has never been known for being a great rapper. He is a clever business man, he created a franchise and knew how to market himself. He got his mainstream break off being backed by dr dre and eminem. Two very powerful people in the music industry. If I'm not wrong it was on inter scope who where a pretty massive music corporation. If he is your favourite fine, but he doesn't even register on the list of the best rappers. He would admit that himself.
Original post by CallMeJay
Better flow? LOL, no. Sound? Yes, it appeals to the young generation. Can't help it if we listen to nonsense, but it gets our heads banging

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can have your opinion. :colondollar: I ain't lolin at you pal cos you think J Cole has better flow.
Original post by consumed by stuff
I'm old enough to remember, he was never known as great rapper. From the early days until now he has never been known for being a great rapper. He is a clever business man, he created a franchise and knew how to market himself. He got his mainstream break off being backed by dr dre and eminem. Two very powerful people in the music industry. If I'm not wrong it was on inter scope who where a pretty massive music corporation. If he is your favourite fine, but he doesn't even register on the list of the best rappers. He would admit that himself.

what. snoop/ice cube/krs one/ etc said he is too good. even jay z said to everyone that once he drops you aint selling records(to other rappers)

in your opinion why do u think hes rubbish
J. Cole will one day be the best, he is one of the rappers I highly respect and his music is amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpuaB75GUwo

I think this man knows a thing or two about good rappers.
I still say Eminem... But Eminem did say this:

Take some Big and some Pac and you mix them up in a pot
Sprinkle a little Big L on top, what the **** do you got?
You got the realest and illest killaz tied up in a knot
The Jugganautz of this rap **** like it or not

And

I got a list here's the order of my list that it's in.
It goes Reggie, Jay-Z, Tupac and Biggie, Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me

That was 2003, times have changed and I honestly think Eminem has surpassed all of them.
Original post by jabire3

And

That was 2003, times have changed and I honestly think Eminem has surpassed all of them.

First was 2003 on 50's album, the 2nd quote was from 2002 but he's talking **** anyway because there is no way Jay-Z is better than most of the rappers he named.
Original post by Wilfred Little
First was 2003 on 50's album, the 2nd quote was from 2002 but he's talking **** anyway because there is no way Jay-Z is better than most of the rappers he named.

Thing is, although you can't base an artist on sales and awards, you have to take that into consideration. Jay has won 19 awards, that's one hell of an achievement. His music is good to, it's not like Macklemore who won awards for no good reason.

Jay is up there, not the best but up there.
Original post by jabire3
Thing is, although you can't base an artist on sales and awards, you have to take that into consideration. Jay has won 19 awards, that's one hell of an achievement. His music is good to, it's not like Macklemore who won awards for no good reason.

Jay is up there, not the best but up there.

He's a salesman sure. He isn't up there on musical merits.
Original post by Wilfred Little
He's a salesman sure. He isn't up there on musical merits.

Well, I can see why. He hasn't created that many "iconic songs", nothing that really stands out.

But still, 99 Problems, Renegade, Hard Knock Life...

Eminem still the best though D:
Original post by jabire3
Well, I can see why. He hasn't created that many "iconic songs", nothing that really stands out.

With regards to awards, Outkast have ten listed on their wiki page. Let's remember they've not released anything for the best part of a decade and the fact all of those awards were for their post Ms. Jackson material...

They're just a popularity contest really. I'd go with Andre 3000.
Original post by jabire3

And

Why do people think this?
Original post by yo radical one

I personally think he's overrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yo radical one

Because he has lol, most artists arrive have a good album and drop off. He has two diamond albums, had two below par albums and came back like before.

His songs don't just focus on one thing like most artists do. From the start he was creating songs that are

Humorous:
My Name is
The Real Slim Shady
Drug Ballad
Just Don't Give a ****
As the World Turns
Without Me

Serious:
Rock Bottom
Sing for the Moment
Marshall Mathers
Talkin to Myself
Cold Wind Blows
Beautiful

Personal:
When I'm Gone
Mockingbird
Haille's Song
Rock Bottom

Diss (which he won every time) :
The Warning
Do Rae Me
Nail in the Coffin
The Sauce
Hail Mary

Motivational:
Till I Collapse
Survival
Lose Yourself

Story Telling at its Finest:
Stan
Yellow Brick Road

Speed:
Rap God
Take from Me
I'm on Everything
(edited 9 years ago)
I love 50 cent, Ayo technology was a classic by him but I wouldn't consider him one of the greats, he's good at dissing and **** but not to be on the level fo Tupac etc
Original post by Joshale
I love 50 cent, Ayo technology was a classic by him but I wouldn't consider him one of the greats, he's good at dissing and **** but not to be on the level fo Tupac etc

You talk about 50 Cent and Ayo Technology was the song you mention? Smh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ganjasaurus.
what. snoop/ice cube/krs one/ etc said he is too good. even jay z said to everyone that once he drops you aint selling records(to other rappers)

in your opinion why do u think hes rubbish

He's just clearly not a very good rapper. He makes some half catchy mainstream songs and when dr dre and top producers were on his beats, they were okay if not a bit generic but fit the mould.
Original post by ZSHNZ
You talk about 50 Cent and Ayo Technology was the song you mention? Smh

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's reasons behind it, but the song itself is great, yes
Original post by Joshale
There's reasons behind it, but the song itself is great, yes

It's a pop song. Yes, it's a good song but not one for actual 50 Cent fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest