University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

I know thing there are three facebook groups;
University of Manchester Freshers 2014-2015
and two called University of Manchester Freshers 2014/2015
one with a yellow/pinky/purple cover photo, sponsored by eletric methinks, the one some people think is a bit dodgy,
and one perhaps sponsored by community guest list...
as well as a community page of [h="2"]University of Manchester Freshers 2014 - 2015[/h]
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by kondio
Hello ^^ i am also in Oak House and i will be arriving 11/09 when the contract starts ^^

Ahh cool thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hello!
me too, i have a conditional offer at MBS (management). I am from italy.
As accommodation, I have applied at Victoria park.
Reply 1683
The group I made has only 1 member in it (me) :biggrin: and has a cover I made in photoshop :biggrin: of the uni's main building :3
Reply 1684
I am in Oak House SY.2.33.211 ... any flatmates around here ? :?
The uni should make its own group - others have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kondio
The group I made has only 1 member in it (me) :biggrin: and has a cover I made in photoshop :biggrin: of the uni's main building :3

3 people. you're welcome :P
Reply 1687
Original post by c.hollis14
3 people. you're welcome :P

YUP :biggrin: we are having a 3-man party ^^ everyone else is missing out :biggrin:
I think "University Of Manchester Welcome Week 2014" is the official page if I'm not mistaken... It's one you can like, not a group you can join though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I have a conditional for Science with an Integrated Foundation Year, hoping to go onto Physics (or maths).
I've applied for Whitworth Park, I'm hoping to get a single room with a basin but my second choice is without.
I'm not preparing anything really until I get my results but I'm only coming from North Wales so it's not too far :smile:
I know two people going to UoM and two going to the Met but I also know one person who's already at the university. None of them are close friends but I get along well with one so it will be nice knowing she's around anyway.
Reply 1690
I'm in Sheavyn, just accepted my accommodation offer. Anyone else near me on here?
Original post by tcec
I'm in Sheavyn, just accepted my accommodation offer. Anyone else near me on here?

I'm in sheavyn as well!
Electronic Engineering anyone?
There already is one - type in manchester freshers and its the official Manchester Freshers 2014 page!

Im doing management (marketing) and living in Oak House :smile: Heard its gonna be messy but a laugh!
I hold an unconditional offer for History and Spanish (I'm 20, did my A levels 2 years ago, dropped out of Soton, giving it a 2nd go now).

I have a basic room in Oak House (Beach Court I think's the name of the block). Exactly what I wanted, cheap as they come and I've heard good things from someone I know who lived there.

Might prepare by learning some Spanish (it's an ab initio course and I'm not expected to, but still, wouldn't hurt) but can't think of anything else tbh. I come from Worcestershire and I don't know anyone going to Manchester. Well, I know someone who'll be 3rd year but only loosely.

That's me done.
Original post by flyyoufools
I have a conditional for Science with an Integrated Foundation Year, hoping to go onto Physics (or maths).
I've applied for Whitworth Park, I'm hoping to get a single room with a basin but my second choice is without.
I'm not preparing anything really until I get my results but I'm only coming from North Wales so it's not too far :smile:
I know two people going to UoM and two going to the Met but I also know one person who's already at the university. None of them are close friends but I get along well with one so it will be nice knowing she's around anyway.

What's your offer? I have a conditional for engineering with ify but I'm gonna miss my offer by one grade because of further maths...got a lot of begging to do (my offer is BBC)
Original post by blewis94
There already is one - type in manchester freshers and its the official Manchester Freshers 2014 page!

Im doing management (marketing) and living in Oak House :smile: Heard its gonna be messy but a laugh!

hey im same course and oak house too. im in maple, what about you?
Original post by tcec

Me toooo! What block are you in?
Original post by PhysicistAtheist
What's your offer? I have a conditional for engineering with ify but I'm gonna miss my offer by one grade because of further maths...got a lot of begging to do (my offer is BBC)

Ify? Same here, I need a BBB but I think I might have a C in English because the exam didn't go well :/ Did you apply for the foundation course straight away? Or were you transferred from Physics?
Original post by flyyoufools
Ify? Same here, I need a BBB but I think I might have a C in English because the exam didn't go well :/ Did you apply for the foundation course straight away? Or were you transferred from Physics?

Integrated foundation year and I applied straight to foundation because I knew my third a level grade wouldn't meet the standard for direct entry...I'm gonna call in early august to make my case

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending