The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jews are not natives of Palestine.

There is overwhelming evidence in support of this and it has been cited in God is not Great by Christopher Hitchens, in Norman Finkelstein's books and various others which I have read but cant recall off the top of my head.
Reply 1221
Original post by Inzamam99
Jews are not natives of Palestine.

There is overwhelming evidence in support of this and it has been cited in God is not Great by Christopher Hitchens, in Norman Finkelstein's books and various others which I have read but cant recall off the top of my head.

Tauba Tauba, these jews will pay.

Fa inna ma'al 'usri yusra, Fa inna ma'al 'usri yusra, Fa inna ma'al 'usri yusra.
Reply 1222
Original post by Unruly Marmite
If you're expecting me to change my mind, I don't. Israel warns civilians to move: civilians don't move and get killed in an airstrike. Darwinian in its' simplicity. I don't care if I sound callous, all the outrage in the world won't change what is happening, because neither Hamas nor Israel care. Civilians are caught in the middle. That is the inherent nature of war.

Hamas warned the jews to remove their filthy bodies from Palestine 26 years ago, therefore all attacks against the jews are now legal.

Fa inna ma'al 'usri yusra, Fa inna ma'al 'usri yusra, Fa inna ma'al 'usri yusra
Original post by Chindits
"thousands" is an exaggeration as Arabs (in terms of people speaking Arabic) are relatively new people compared to the indigenous Jews.

I think Arabic first appears around 2,000 years after Jews had already established themselves in the land of Israel.

Well, it kind of does? you can't just create a people from thin air and claim land that you did not build, own or govern.

Jews at least had a state. You have never had a country or a state. Yet somehow are trying to get a 'country' than you never had.

Your analogy is false. Jews were there before 'palestinians' so THEY are the Aboriginals. They pre-date Arabs, they pre-date the Arabic language, they pre-date Islam and were there thousands of years before anyone had ever heard of a 'palestinian'.

So please explain why a 'palestinian' who speaks with an Egyptian dialect in Gaza and whose surname is "Al-Masri" which translates to 'The Egyptian' is somehow a 'palestinain'

There is no 'palestinian' blood, you've pretty much admitted that.

Well, Israelis live with over a million Arabs in Israel, so they have no problems doing that. How many Jews would be safe to live without military protection in Arab areas of Judea and Samaria?

I'm sure you're aware of how much history the Jews have in the West Bank. I know 'palestinians' have tried to destroy some of it or claim it as their own.

I don't have a problem with Arabs living there. I have a problem with the new identity of 'palestinians' and pretending to be an indigenous 'palestinain' people.

Anyway, I'm not sure I want to enter a long debate as this thread is now more 'news' related due to the current crisis.

Appreciate your response though and stay safe.

---

Israeli soldiers find rocket launchers next to school

Well I am sorry but I must reply. You picked apart my statement, and restated things that have no legitimate standing.

1. The language Arabic appeared around 2000 years after Hebrew. that is true, however irrelevant. the people were not created through the language. The same people of the same blood who came before them may have spoken a different language, but they could still easily be apart of, or come from the same group. So the language is unimportant.

2. The people did not come from thin air. They lived there, but simply did not have a 'country'. At that time there were no countries. Europe was the same. Europe was composed of feudal lords and empires. they were not countries. Palestinians wanted to create a country at the same time the rest of the world did. The only problem was the Ottoman Empire. The British promised to give Palestinians their own country if the empire was defeat, and so they aided in it. Then they set out to create a country. the Palestinians had a currency, laws, and everything necessary to create a country when the migration of the Jews occurred. Palestinians were backstabbed by the British, and Then Israel was created, so Palestinians have the same right to create a country as the jews. the only problem is the fact that the whole world aided Israel, but not Palestine.

3. Jews predate Arabs, but they don't predate the Canaanites. They don't predate the tribes before that. They do not predate the hunter-gatherers before that. there were a million different tribes before them, and Israelis can trace back to their descendants 5000 years ago (random number) just as well as Arabs can trace back to theirs (neither can).

4. its funny that you bring up a Palestinian who's Family name is Masri and has that accent is Egyptian. What about the Israeli who spent his whole life in Russia and moved to Israel 2 years ago. His last name might be Tolstoy, or some other common name. He may have spent his whole life in Russia and have a dominant Russian accent (this example is common is Israel). Why does he have a greater right to live in Israel than a Palestinian does?

5. I admitted that there is no pure Canaanite blood still found. I also said that there is no pure Israeli/jewish blood from the past. I was stating that neither country has an ancient historical claim.

6. I am an Arab in Israel, and I will tell you that the government and many people have a huge problem for it. we are still trying to get my father a passport so he can live her. No jew would have this problem. Also, when I go to a primarily Jewish area, I am always treated like a lesser creature. Our human rights barely exist. What you said about a Jew living in Arab areas is true. they wouldn't be safe, but that is only because arabs want revenge (not that I think revenge is right), but things have not always been like this.

7. Jews have lived in the old city, Nablus (Samarian region), Hebron, etc for an extremely long time, but these jews are much different than "Isreali Jews". These jews are oftentimes against Israel all together, and as one told me their father said "I wish Israel was never created so we could live in peace with the Arabs like we used to"

8. Palestinians were a group of people with a shared language, national symbols, and currency (in the past not anymore). these things were developed before the jews came and developed their new ones in the 1900's, so they do have an identity, a group, and a reason to own this land. I would also like to add that they were living on the land. LIVING ON THE LAND. No matter what claims Israel has, they have no right to kick people off of it and force them to live somewhere else. I am sorry, but is simply not humane, and I just don't know how people forget that. Living together was never a problem, but land being stolen and ruled by a group of people who do not represent their ideals is a problem (you can argue how Palestinians do not want to live in peace, but if you look back to the first migrations, for the most part, the jews lived with the arabs in peace until the jews started taking over through terroristic means)
Lol are those all the same people Chindits.
Neither.

That said, Israel's continued insistence that they cant help killing hundreds of civilians is wearing pretty ****ing thin at this point.
I just find it sad tbh that despite the statistics, despite seeing Israeli brutality, despite seeing the horrific scenes in Gaza, despite having a somewhat decent historical understanding of the issue, people will STILL support a disgusting occupation. Just goes to show how many morally bankrupt people are on TSR

Edit: Obviously Gaza.
Original post by Chindits

I suppose these are some of the reason of your support.
Original post by HeavyTeddy
I just find it sad tbh that despite the statistics, despite seeing Israeli brutality, despite seeing the horrific scenes in Gaza, despite having a somewhat decent historical understanding of the issue, people will STILL support a disgusting occupation. Just goes to show how many morally bankrupt people are on TSR

Edit: Obviously Gaza.

I agree completely
Original post by Yafman
I am absolutely disgusted at the amount of pro Israel threads here. You don't have to be muslim to support palestine just human. I hope people open their eyes after watching the video

https://youtube.com/watch?v=c9Gwpzvcp-c

Watching this video brings tears to my eyes, how can you say you support Israel when they killed hundreds of innocent civilians in a matter days. Then people have the nerve to call Muslims terrorist, what greater crime is their than this?

remember what happened 9/11 happens in gaza 24/7

Truly heartbreaking, her entire family perished and that child witnessed it.
Only a heartless inhuman person would reply to such video and heart wrenching view, with snarky sarcastic remarks, as though they have no human empathy.
I do not want to say may what happened to this child happen to them or may they experience such loss, for them to see what it feels like to lose those closest to you.
But it
People need to remember; terrorist organisations contribute nothing to society apart from immorality and destruction. It was the removal of this basis that is the current catalyst for the ongoing war.

For all you smug TSR users who feel supporting Gaza is the right option. I hope you feel right that you support a terrorist organisation. "But, deep, israel r like killing civilians" This is partly true and must be considered only within it's truest context. Israel do not want to purposely kill civilians, this is why they warn them to evacuate their houses. Unfortunately the nature of war isn't selective. Israel have made the effort to ask palestinians to evacuate, the rest is up to them.

There primary goal is to remove Hammas, an organisation which bombards Israel consistently. As I said, Palestinians contribute nothing. Islam, contributes nothing. If it were my choice I would be done with religion altogether, yet this is the result.
Original post by Al-farhan

I suppose these are some of the reason of your support.

I always laughed at countries or institutions that need to make propaganda for themselves.
Original post by Acidy
People need to remember; terrorist organisations contribute nothing to society apart from immorality and destruction. It was the removal of this basis that is the current catalyst for the ongoing war.

For all you smug TSR users who feel supporting Gaza is the right option. I hope you feel right that you support a terrorist organisation. "But, deep, israel r like killing civilians" This is partly true and must be considered only within it's truest context. Israel do not want to purposely kill civilians, this is why they warn them to evacuate their houses. Unfortunately the nature of war isn't selective. Israel have made the effort to ask palestinians to evacuate, the rest is up to them.

There primary goal is to remove Hammas, an organisation which bombards Israel consistently. As I said, Palestinians contribute nothing. Islam, contributes nothing. If it were my choice I would be done with religion altogether, yet this is the result.

1. Who said they are supporting Hamas? The question was Israel or Gaza...

2. "Israel have made the effort to ask palestinians to evacuate" - how nice of them, how about I come to your house tomorrow and ask you to leave, and then when you don't and I destroy your house I will say, "well I asked you to leave".

3. Just to add this, Israel's idea of taking over the entire region sounds very much like lebensraum to me if you understand what I mean.
In general I support the state of Israel and thus in equality support the co-existence of a Palestinian state, however Israel needs to stop killing so many civilians. But equally, Palestine could easily stop any civilian killings, by Hamas not firing rockets at Israel
Humanity's side which just so happens to be with Gaza

And Israelis wonder why people hate them.
Original post by SarcasticMel
1. Who said they are supporting Hamas? The question was Israel or Gaza...

2. "Israel have made the effort to ask palestinians to evacuate" - how nice of them, how about I come to your house tomorrow and ask you to leave, and then when you don't and I destroy your house I will say, "well I asked you to leave".

3. Just to add this, Israel's idea of taking over the entire region sounds very much like lebensraum to me if you understand what I mean.

1. Hamas is the de-facto government of Gaza, it's essentially the same as living in Britain with the current government and putting Islamic fundamentalists in charge of MI5 and the government cooperating with them.

2. How about I bombard you with missiles. You might not deserve it but hey, I enjoy the physical and psychological pleasure of keeping you in fear for your entirety. Also don't fight back, otherwise we'll totally play the victim card you bully.

3. I understand that you're comparing the actions of Israel to Nazi Germany. Except instead of an imperialistic agenda, Israel are advancing territories for the sole purpose of self defence. Why would you want to give terrorists the best possible chance to cause chaos? Why would you give land back to terrorists who are unable to learn from their mistakes if you understand what I mean.
wded
In my opinion the following should be considered:

There are 1.6 Billion Muslims in the world or 23% of the World's population.

There's are 14-15 million jews in the world and are less than 0.1% of the world's population.

It's easy to hate the minority, especially when they stand up for themselves against the majority. This is the nature of human struggle.

If you can't view a situation objectively, reason and come to a reasonable conclusion about the current situation presented by a lot of the present anti-zionist media. You're probably not that smart.

Remember who owns the majority of the World's Wealth
- after a History's worth of persecution
- relative to their population (0.1%) (jesus christ.)

Do you see Rabbi's with Suicide vests walking into ASDA with the intention of inflicting harm? No. The truth is this is not within the nature of their religion and to think of Israel as a parable to Nazi Germany or otherwise is quite-frankly pathetic.

The fact is, and most of you won't be able to understand this, having been brainwashed with anti-logic conditioning.

Jews contribute the most to society and are the most peaceful nation when they are not being bombarded with religions that wish to crucify them. It's the survival of Israel against the world and nothing more. Would you rather they voluntarily lay down their lives and be slaughtered like sheep for no other purpose then to make the fundamentalist -terrorist middle east feel better about themselves?

This is probably going to sound a bit controversial, but Hey-ho. The fact remains, the majority of countries and it's civilian populations have nothing going for them. Keep in mind who gives the most contributions to the world, perhaps even google it.

Latest

Trending

Trending