The Student Room Group

I am pro-Israel, ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Why do you think Israel respond to such feeble attack s by Hamas? Even if the iron dome is the reason for the lack of casualties, why respond especialy if you believe that Hamas, whose going broke, only attatcked so they can generate money for themselves by using civilian deaths to garner sympathy and hence monetary aid? Wouldn't it be better to let them fizzle out after all if they don't have money they can't attatck? Wouldn't that be better in the long run?

Genuine questions btw...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by felamaslen
Supporting tyrannies is sometimes necessary to defeat a larger tyranny. E.g. it was necessary to support the Soviets in order to defeat the Nazis.

Carpet bombing Germany aided the liberation of Germany, even though the bombing itself was obviously a crime of abject proportions, from the perspective of an innocent German.

Israel is not killing all Palestinians, so I don't know what you're trying to say anyway.

WWII was different I would agree with siding with the Soviet Union there. I wasn't actually bringing Isreal into it, just questioning this idea of 'liberal democracies can do no external harm' you have. I don't want to derail the thread and can't be bothered.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
WWII was different I would agree with siding with the Soviet Union there. I wasn't actually bringing Isreal into it, just questioning this idea of 'liberal democracies can do no external harm' you have. I don't want to derail the thread and can't be bothered.

Well if you're asking hypothetical questions, of course to kill the civilian population of a country would defeat the purpose of fighting a war there (other than purely in self-defence), and would constitute genocide.

Obviously liberal democracies can do harm, but in the case of a liberal democracy fighting a tyranny, I will side with the democracy almost all of the time, and will never, ever side with the tyranny.
#freepalestine
Original post by felamaslen
Well if you're asking hypothetical questions, of course to kill the civilian population of a country would defeat the purpose of fighting a war there (other than purely in self-defence), and would constitute genocide.

Obviously liberal democracies can do harm, but in the case of a liberal democracy fighting a tyranny, I will side with the democracy almost all of the time, and will never, ever side with the tyranny.

*finger in ears*

llalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal

I got other stuff needs doing, not getting drawn in :tongue:
Have you heard of the special, top secret Israeli operation called "Moses' Magicstick"?
When did the devil take over your mind?

#FreePalestine #Gaza
Reply 67
Original post by DouglasAdams
Guerrilla warfare as defined by Google, I believe correctly: Guerrilla warfare is a form of irregularwarfare in which a small group of combatants such as armed civilians or irregulars use military tactics including ambushes, sabotage, raids, petty warfare, hit-and-run tactics, and mobility to fight a larger and less-mobile traditional military.

Israel builds other hospitals so civilians do not have to enter into the ones with weapons and terrorists inside. And I, and the IDF, do not know what happened on that beach where 4 children were killed. They are looking into it.
Although regularly, beaches are a popular spot to fire rockets from.

Builds other hospitals? They've set up a few field hospitals. They've bombed rehabilitation hospitals with long term patients!
Eew you should hide the fact that you support bloodthirsty terrorists.
This is a good documentary about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X4JCPckWgY
Original post by Bill_Gates
1. Israel has a right to the land
2. Israel is a hard working productive nation who wants whats best for humanity.
3. Hamas is a terrorist organisation deliberately trying to kill innocent civilians, they are not aiming for Israeli air sites but just anyone. Thank god for the iron dome.
4. Israel has a right to protect itself.

1. So do the Palestinians.

2. Perhaps Palestine would be a bit more productive if 1.5 million of them didn't live in an open-air prison? Or weren't treated like second-class citizens in Israel? Having said that, many, many Palestinians working in Israel are 'productive' - judges and members of the Knesset, for example.

3. And why are Israeli lives worth more than Palestinian lives? The comparatively few deaths of Israelis affected by the rocket attacks don't mean that the Israelis have the license to kill many, many more Palestinians, as if their lives were worth more. (Having said that, Hamas do some terrible things and I do not in any way condone the rocket attacks.) Have Israel not learned from the forefathers of their state, when the Jews were oppressed by the Nazis? I'm not calling what they do to the Palestinians similar in any way to Nazi Germany's actions, by the way. Or maybe they should have learned from their biggest ally, the United States and their failures during the Vietnam war? Many Vietnamese people who were pro-US became pro-Viet Cong because it was the US that was burning their villages and their children. The whole idea of trying to destroy a terrorist group through this kind of war simply doesn't work, because the whole base is the idea - if this is the way that people see that they can resist Israel, or resist the Americans then for many that's exactly what they'd turn to. The Viet Cong had such high morale because they truly believed in their cause to reunite Vietnam and whatnot, but the Americans... not so much. Plus, whilst Hamas shouldn't have placed their rockets near that hospital, surely Israel could have dismantled it with their ground offensive that they were supposed to be doing? As opposed to murdering many, many innocents who may have been anti-Hamas? If Hamas appears to be the only solution to stopping the Israelis then there are many, many people who will take that option, especially if it's as revenge for their dead brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, friends... Israel is pretty much shooting fish in a barrel. See it in their eye - Fatah in the West Bank is basically powerless. Look at how many settlements are being built there. Of course some people will side with Hamas, rightly or wrongly (very wrongly imo but how can you blame them if that's all they have?). The fact of the matter is, Israel should be trying to stop these attacks without making more people have more reason to join Hamas. Israel most certainly does NOT want peace (even if they may have in the past) and I'm fairly sure that's the best for humanity. Doing the human equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel is basically dehumanising them with every air strike.

4. So does Palestine. See above.

Also, you do realise Gaza literally has nothing? Hardly any paper to write with for kids to learn, no construction, not enough medicine, etc etc. Half of those things - more than half - can't be used for military purposes. I cannot see why Israel is so intent on trying to starve out Gaza. This is the exact reason why Hamas put the end of the blockade in the ceasefire terms. This is also why people resort to joining Hamas and the rocket attacks - because they can't see a way out. Hamas is just Israel (and Egypt's - along with the Muslim Brotherhood) enemy to them, a scapegoat, someone to blame all their problems on and to use as a cover when things do not go well. If Israel REALLY wanted to protect itself, perhaps it shouldn't resort to tactics that will only increase support for Hamas and the rocket attacks. It doesn't work like that. The Arabs have done many, MANY bad things against the Israelis. But so are the Israelis now - things much worse, tbh.

Put yourself in the shoes of the Palestinians to understand a little. Even if you don't agree with their view.

Spoiler

Original post by Blues Clues
1. So do the Palestinians.

2. Perhaps Palestine would be a bit more productive if 1.5 million of them didn't live in an open-air prison? Or weren't treated like second-class citizens in Israel? Having said that, many, many Palestinians working in Israel are 'productive' - judges and members of the Knesset, for example.

3. And why are Israeli lives worth more than Palestinian lives? The comparatively few deaths of Israelis affected by the rocket attacks don't mean that the Israelis have the license to kill many, many more Palestinians, as if their lives were worth more. (Having said that, Hamas do some terrible things and I do not in any way condone the rocket attacks.) Have Israel not learned from the forefathers of their state, when the Jews were oppressed by the Nazis? I'm not calling what they do to the Palestinians similar in any way to Nazi Germany's actions, by the way. Or maybe they should have learned from their biggest ally, the United States and their failures during the Vietnam war? Many Vietnamese people who were pro-US became pro-Viet Cong because it was the US that was burning their villages and their children. The whole idea of trying to destroy a terrorist group through this kind of war simply doesn't work, because the whole base is the idea - if this is the way that people see that they can resist Israel, or resist the Americans then for many that's exactly what they'd turn to. The Viet Cong had such high morale because they truly believed in their cause to reunite Vietnam and whatnot, but the Americans... not so much. Plus, whilst Hamas shouldn't have placed their rockets near that hospital, surely Israel could have dismantled it with their ground offensive that they were supposed to be doing? As opposed to murdering many, many innocents who may have been anti-Hamas? If Hamas appears to be the only solution to stopping the Israelis then there are many, many people who will take that option, especially if it's as revenge for their dead brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, friends... Israel is pretty much shooting fish in a barrel. See it in their eye - Fatah in the West Bank is basically powerless. Look at how many settlements are being built there. Of course some people will side with Hamas, rightly or wrongly (very wrongly imo but how can you blame them if that's all they have?). The fact of the matter is, Israel should be trying to stop these attacks without making more people have more reason to join Hamas. Israel most certainly does NOT want peace (even if they may have in the past) and I'm fairly sure that's the best for humanity. Doing the human equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel is basically dehumanising them with every air strike.

4. So does Palestine. See above.

Also, you do realise Gaza literally has nothing? Hardly any paper to write with for kids to learn, no construction, not enough medicine, etc etc. Half of those things - more than half - can't be used for military purposes. I cannot see why Israel is so intent on trying to starve out Gaza. This is the exact reason why Hamas put the end of the blockade in the ceasefire terms. This is also why people resort to joining Hamas and the rocket attacks - because they can't see a way out. Hamas is just Israel (and Egypt's - along with the Muslim Brotherhood) enemy to them, a scapegoat, someone to blame all their problems on and to use as a cover when things do not go well. If Israel REALLY wanted to protect itself, perhaps it shouldn't resort to tactics that will only increase support for Hamas and the rocket attacks. It doesn't work like that. The Arabs have done many, MANY bad things against the Israelis. But so are the Israelis now - things much worse, tbh.

Put yourself in the shoes of the Palestinians to understand a little. Even if you don't agree with their view.

Spoiler

Lets not get sentimental here. Terrorists want to wipe out Israel its only doing what any country would do. Fish in a barrel do not launch rockets into the living room 24/7 and randomly kill innocent teenagers.
Reply 72
Are you pro Israel or just anti Muslim/Palestine.
Reply 73
It's all desperately sad and I wish it would stop. At least we can all agree on that right?
Reply 74
Lets not get sentimental here. Terrorists want to wipe out Israel its only doing what any country would do. Fish in a barrel do not launch rockets into the living room 24/7 and randomly kill innocent teenagers.

Yet, Israel is actively wiping out Palestine. This 'leave your land, we're going to be attacking' is probably a heads up, we're moving in and going to develop homes when you leave, or die. Those rockets are hardly anything for Israel to worry about, the domes intercept pretty much all of it, yet they still need to take heavy action.

Kill innocent teenagers? Seriously? You're just going to forget about the scores of CHILDREN dying? Whoever killed those Israeli teenagers are scum and should be dealt with accordingly. Who's going to deal with the Israel for killing people into the three digits, on just this conflict alone.

Where are the Palestinians meant to go? What are they to do? You think they can live with no infrastructure? Israel controls it all.
Reply 75
Original post by ApeMob
Are you pro Israel or just anti Muslim/Palestine.

He's anti-Muslim and racist, referring to other protesters as 'go back to their country' in another thread, obviously not aware there's white native French amongst the protesters.
Israel claims they're not targeting innocent civilians in Gaza on purpose and that the Palestinians are forced to act as a human shield and that is why the innocent are being killed but how do you explain Israel bombing hospitals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2699846/This-desperate-young-boy-face-tragedy-Palestinian-child-clutches-shirt-hospital-worker-screaming-I-want-father-bring-father.html
Reply 77
freepalestine has to be the biggest bandwagon movement i've seen, I guess its just 'hip' to fight the man and be rebels fighting the imaginary powers that run our lives
Original post by Jubz1
Yet, Israel is actively wiping out Palestine. This 'leave your land, we're going to be attacking' is probably a heads up, we're moving in and going to develop homes when you leave, or die. Those rockets are hardly anything for Israel to worry about, the domes intercept pretty much all of it, yet they still need to take heavy action.

Kill innocent teenagers? Seriously? You're just going to forget about the scores of CHILDREN dying? Whoever killed those Israeli teenagers are scum and should be dealt with accordingly. Who's going to deal with the Israel for killing people into the three digits, on just this conflict alone.

Where are the Palestinians meant to go? What are they to do? You think they can live with no infrastructure? Israel controls it all.

There is no Palestine. Yes those rockets are hardly anything for Israel to worry about because they are hard working people who can build infrastructure and create progressive governments. Not following a barbaric backward ideology.

Its not about the numbers, its about the intention. Hamas clearly wants to wipe Israel off the map. Of course Israel controls it all, its their land.
Reply 79
There is no Palestine. Yes those rockets are hardly anything for Israel to worry about because they are hard working people who can build infrastructure and create progressive governments. Not following a barbaric backward ideology.

Its not about the numbers, its about the intention. Hamas clearly wants to wipe Israel off the map. Of course Israel controls it all, its their land.

No Palestine? Must brush up on your geography and history. Pretty sure it had something to do with the US propping up Israel for years. There's bound to be some advance in tech and such if the utilities are taken care of.

Israel intends to kill them all and take their land. Their land? It's all 100% stolen land. Which idiots +repped you so much?

Quick Reply

Latest