The Student Room Group

Afghan family considers killing 10-year-old daughter after mullah rapes her

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ldsbabe
Ok honey, take several seats. If you want to believe it's solely about culture, then crack on.

easy dear

it's mostly on culture, not solely.

if you want to believe it's solely on religion, then crack on
lol at people trying to stick this to islam. afghans take their pride to another level, they will do anything to preserve it. some idiots such as this one would take it to extremes. i hope the so called "mullah" is brought to justice.

btw i don't think its a good idea basing a countries culture based on an article :/. afghans can be reading about this incident that took place in the UK and they could be shaking their heads saying "Can really claim that a culture where this happens is "equal" to our own?"
Original post by Snagprophet
I don't get it, if **** guy had punched them in the face the family would be feeling anger towards this man, yet because he raped their girl the anger gets put on the victim. This makes no sense.

that is the news for you

you learn at most 10% of what actually happened

(im not denying sick cultures that behave like this don't exist in afghanistan or anywhere else in the world)
Original post by presidential_
lol at people trying to stick this to islam. afghans take their pride to another level, they will do anything to preserve it. some idiots such as this one would take it to extremes. i hope the so called "mullah" is brought to justice.

btw i don't think its a good idea basing a countries culture based on an article :/. afghans can be reading about this incident that took place in the UK and they could be shaking their heads saying "Can really claim that a culture where this happens is "equal" to our own?"

Dont think our law system would essentially reward a rapist and punish the victim though .
Damaged goods so she has no worth to them now

Have to be amazed a culture and a faith could produce such such a backward and intolerant set of people

But islam producing backward societies for generations and will continue to do so until it has been wiped from this earth
Is there any truth to this? Afghans cut rapists into pieces and then feed them to dogs, not saying I agree with that but I'd like to know how accurate this report is.

And you're right, your culture isn't equal, it's an anomaly being the only civilisation to have developed on purely quantitative lines without any regard for the qualitative aspects of life.
Also, Islam dosen't punish someone who has suffered from rape, what rubbish & lies.
Original post by Harvey Dent
"It was bad enough that the alleged rape took place in the sanctity of a mosque and that the accused man was a mullah"
"
The mullah offered to marry his victim instead"

The incident happened in a religious place and was perpetrated by a member of the Islamic clergy. Under Sharia law the rape victim often receives a harsher punishment than the assailant.
I know that religion and culture are not synonymous. It does not, however, mean that the former does not heavily influence the latter, especially in the middle-east.

culture =/= religion
Reply 28
Original post by blueskyblue
I thought mullah meant money :tongue:

Young mullahhh babbbaaaaay
It's honor killing and it's a cultural practice NOT an Islamic one. Know the difference.
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
culture =/= religion

I have already addressed this.
Original post by Harvey Dent
I have already addressed this.

No you didn't. You merely pointed out that it can influence it. Religion has influenced basically every culture in the world. But that doesn't mean the two are the same thing, as I stated they are not.
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
No you didn't. You merely pointed out that it can influence it. Religion has influenced basically every culture in the world. But that doesn't mean the two are the same thing, as I stated they are not.

As I said: "I know that religion and culture are not synonymous."
By "addressing" I did not mean that I changed my opinion to suit yours. I still believe that this incident was, in part at least, caused by the twisted teachings of a barbaric religion that marginalises and restricts women. Honour killings are almost exclusively committed by those who either live in the middle-east and asia or are of middle-eastern or asian descent. Would you like to guess what the most prevalent religion in this part of the world is?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Genocidal
Made me laugh when he said he offered to marry the girl. How does that make everything better, you sick freak? :tongue:

Well the logic is if you have sex with someone and if you get them pregnant and no one will marry a rape victim you now must support the girl financially etc. its very twisted logic but from a culture with no welfare state and parents see children as a burden who need feeding

Original post by Shabalala
No all cultures aren't equal, Britain should pick and choose which cultures we should accept into Britain and hard line Islamic cultures like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc... shouldn't be allowed to spread their barbaric culture over here.

You missed out India where village councils have the power to sentence you to being raped
Afghans have no brains.
I respect everyone's religion/culture and everything but this is too far. I think people take a step back far to many times for fear of offending someone's culture when really that girl has the exact same right to live as everyone else. If the family is genuinely considering killing her, someone should step in and remove the girl from that situation. Any rape victim needs the support of those closest to her, the family should be supporting her, not planning to end her life! Honestly, people in this world are just vile:angry:
Simply barbaric.
To say that religion plays no part in this is just stupid.
Original post by Shabalala
No all cultures aren't equal, Britain should pick and choose which cultures we should accept into Britain and hard line Islamic cultures like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc... shouldn't be allowed to spread their barbaric culture over here.

Exactly my thoughts. People say don't blame all immigrants. Well of course we shouldn't. How fair would it be to blame an educated doctor from India for what his uneducated compatriots do? Why can't we pick and choose, based on cultural and individual qualities
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
To say that religion plays no part in this is just stupid.

Agreed. Respecting everyone's religion is one thing, allowing them to commit murder is another. Murder is murder, wither you're a peasant or a priest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending