The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Blue_Mason

Am I wrong to judge when such evidence is being displayed?I mean who are you trying to impress?You know that they're all types of men about and yet you still decide to dress like a slut that seeks attention

I have seen mothers pushing their babies dressed like this so I have the right to validate my opinion

So what, women can't wear shorts but men can? Yes those shorts are particularly short but they're not causing any harm.

Anyway, you seem to be confusing grown women with children. This is the problem with sexualisation as you seem to be demeaning children as 'sluts' for simply wearing less clothing.
girls should be able to dress in anything they want without being called a slut. Dirt is in the eye of the beholder.
This thread is ****ed up. Let kids be kids. They'll look back on their fashion choices and cringe themselves inside out when they're older.

Source: Experience.
Reply 63
Original post by Light_bulb
Why are you looking at the 12 year old in a skirt in that manner?

clearly the option is out there for them to dress as they wish. I'm still a firm believer of child innocence and I whole heartedly believe they do not dress in those clothing to be a "slut" but want to dress like many of there role models the kim kardashians the beyonces. Call me old fashioned but I hope my daughter if I have one looks up to the likes of Marie curie, Florence nightingale and Amelia Earhart.

Call me old fashioned but I'd rather my daughters weren't up to their necks in maimed soldiers, crashing airplanes into the ocean or dying of radiation poisoning.
Original post by Kabulkid
cos girls r sluts nowadays.

Original post by Jean123
i think teenagers should wear t-shirt and jeans ,its suitble

This is completely reasonable. In fact, unless it is boiling hot, I can't see why people would be uncomfortable with this. Of course, some don't like wearing jeans but then they could wear trousers or a skirt.

Original post by Light_bulb
I'm still a firm believer of child innocence and I whole heartedly believe they do not dress in those clothing to be a "slut" but want to dress like many of there role models the kim kardashians the beyonces.

But surely they are aware of the revealing nature of their clothing? Why would wearing skinny jeans as opposed to normal school trousers be practical or acceptable? There is no comfort or practicality advantage to wearing super tight jeans.
http://wallpaper.pickywallpapers.com/nokia-n8/selena-gomez-in-very-skinny-jeans.jpg

In reference to my previous post, this is what I would call inappropriately skinny jeans.
Original post by Autistic Merit
http://wallpaper.pickywallpapers.com/nokia-n8/selena-gomez-in-very-skinny-jeans.jpg

In reference to my previous post, this is what I would call inappropriately skinny jeans.

Those jeans are completely fine and most girls wear them that skinny. How do those jeans affect you? How are they even sexual in any way? Selena gomez in that pic is dressed pretty covered up there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
I just can't see why young kids have the urge to look so well ...slutty and its not just the clothes I've seen girls as young as 8 plastered in mascara , foundation etc. I just dont get itI
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Those jeans are completely fine and most girls wear them that skinny. How do those jeans affect you? How are they even sexual in any way? Selena gomez in that pic is dressed pretty covered up there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Extreme example:

http://thebostonbazaar.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/o-AMERICAN-EAGLE-SKINNY-SKINNY-JEANS-facebook.jpg

However, the principle still remains, why would a 12 year old need to wear really skinny jeans anyway?
Original post by Viva Emptiness
This thread is ****ed up. Let kids be kids. They'll look back on their fashion choices and cringe themselves inside out when they're older.

Source: Experience.

This. What's most messed up is calling children sluts, they've done nothing wrong, to look at a child in revealing clothing and automatically assume a sexual motive, as slut implies, is absolutely grim.

I would suggest OP that you are unable to control your sexual attraction towards underage girls and therefore want them covered.
(edited 9 years ago)
Because they know they'll make money. Lots of young girls think that looking attractive is about showing off as much of your body to the general public as possible. Maybe self respect should be taught in schools instead of a law being passed against this:confused:
Extreme example:

http://thebostonbazaar.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/o-AMERICAN-EAGLE-SKINNY-SKINNY-JEANS-facebook.jpg

However, the principle still remains, why would a 12 year old need to wear really skinny jeans anyway?

Because that is what makes them feel comfortable and happy?
Original post by Eva.Gregoria

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently I'm a major slut, who knew??? (Literally all my jeans are that skinny)
Extreme example:

Because they want to? Because other girls wear them and they'd like to look like them or not be the odd one out? I will agree that your second example is an extreme one and I rarely ever see skinny jeans that tight on the street anyway. You're in no position to decide what women can or cannot wear and if it affects you so much then tough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Extreme example:

Now this is getting ridiculous.

You're seriously suggesting that 12 year-olds shouldn't wear skinny jeans?

If that's the case, there is almost no type of clothing that you wouldn't want to regulate for children.
Original post by LydiaFirefly<3
Maybe self respect should be taught in schools instead of a law being passed against this:confused:

I'd be all for that to be honest.
Reply 76
Extreme example:

That's bodypaint.
Original post by redferry
Apparently I'm a major slut, who knew??? (Literally all my jeans are that skinny)

Exactly, pretty much most girls wear skinny jeans these days. If you can't control yourself when looking at them, then too bad, sort yourself out. It's not up to the girls to change what they're wearing it's up to the men not to look at them in a sexual way.

This same reasoning is used in Islam and in Muslim countries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clip
Now this is getting ridiculous.

You're seriously suggesting that 12 year-olds shouldn't wear skinny jeans?

If that's the case, there is almost no type of clothing that you wouldn't want to regulate for children.

He probably wants them to walk around wearing a burkah let's be honest here.
On the note of child innocence, one of my Year 7 boys shouted across my classroom the other day "I love my girls like Nicki Minaj, big tits and big arse". Yeah they're really innocent. :pierre:

Latest