The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Snagprophet
I support Israel because they have the moral high ground by sticking to ceasefires. Hamas breaks them. The Gazans suffer as a result, but that are you telling me Israel just allows rocket attacks on their people and land? That's beyond ridiculous. Hamas has bred a hellhole in Gaza and thinks Israel will recognises Gazans as hostages and think they'll hold back.

Israel has given up so much land and people are still no satisfied. There's so many that think Israel wants to expand and it makes no sense.

I'd like someone who supports Palestine (for some reason there was no need for a Palestinian state when it was under Jordanian rule) to give me a scenario of what they'd like to happen and what they propose as a solution to this bearing in mind that there's been so many ceasefires that have gone to **** due to Hamas firing rockets into Israel.

Israel has an anti-missile defence system - Iron Dome. It isn't necessary for them to defend themselves by bombing the **** out of Palestine. That's not the reason for their attacks, it's the excuse.
Reply 1381
Original post by tsr1269
Developments so far:

Israel confirms a soldier is "missing". Family is clinging onto the hope that he is alive and state that they will not believe anyone apart from the IDF.

Israel rejects Humanitarian ceasefire requested by the United Nations.

Israel fires warning shots at Al Jazeera's offices.

Egypt refuses to allow Tunisian humanitarian aiirplane to pass through.

An Israeli soldier has been shot in the West Bank.

Official confirmed death toll figures for IDF deaths is 27 killed (9 killed on Monday alone). 2 civilians have also died.

The United States is sending $47 million to Gaza.

Direct rocket attack on a house in Yehud. Concerns over Iron Dome system.

@qassam_arabic1 reports suggesting that the IDF death toll is at least 53. Latest reports suggesting that over 130 soldiers are currently hospitalised.

Qassam release video of engaging with IDF soldiers.

Palestinian death toll: 600+, 121 children killed. 900+ injured, 107,000 children need immediate counselling.

Thanks for this, would rep but ran out
Original post by mazhal
Verily after hardship come ease. Verily the jews must pay dearly for their filthy behaviour, verily they must be slayed till they leave the land they stole

European immigrants have not left the land they stole from the Native Americans. Instead, they had kids and their descendants continue to live on the land.

Muslim conquerors have not left Egypt, nor Syria, nor India, nor Persia. Instead, they had kids and their descendants continue to live on the land.

Instead of hating Jews, why not seek peace with them and show them how to be kind and loving? Jews have for centuries experienced persecution and hatred against them from many groups of people, sad to say. They are trying to survive now. There is only 1 Jewish state: Israel. There are many Muslim-dominated states, ironically surrounding Israel. Much of those Muslim-dominated states were conquered by Muslims long time ago, including Syria, Palestine and Iraq.

The following are accounts of Muslim invasions of these areas:
http://www.fsmitha.com/h3/islam08.htm

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/293631/Iraq/22883/The-Arab-conquest-and-the-early-Islamic-period

Do you think the Muslim conquests are ok, since they are Muslim? If they were Jewish instead of Muslim, would you have an issue with them? Just curious.
Anyone who supports israel is an ignorant dumbass. Why do you think hamas fire rockets? The israelis stole land, built illegal settlements and enforced blockades, effectively turning gaza into a tiny prison.

How bout you lift the fu***** blockades and give the people of gaza a decent standard of living. Perhaps the bloodshed would stop then.

Disgusting "people"

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
do you think muhammad morsi would take action...if he was still in power?
Original post by Straw-man666
Anyone who supports israel is an ignorant dumbass. Why do you think hamas fire rockets? The israelis stole land, built illegal settlements and enforced blockaids,

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) There are no settlements in Gaza.
2) Israel withdrew fully from Gaza
3)There was no blockade on Gaza from 2005-2007. Borders were open, but the rockets kept coming.

So none of those excuses hold water.
Reply 1386
Saraya al quds brigade

[video="youtube;LfT-o0gTBb8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfT-o0gTBb8[/video]
Original post by Agapelove
European immigrants have not left the land they stole from the Native Americans. Instead, they had kids and their descendants continue to live on the land.

Muslim conquerors have not left Egypt, nor Syria, nor India, nor Persia. Instead, they had kids and their descendants continue to live on the land.

Instead of hating Jews, why not seek peace with them and show them how to be kind and loving? Jews have for centuries experienced persecution and hatred against them from many groups of people, sad to say. They are trying to survive now. There is only 1 Jewish state: Israel. There are many Muslim-dominated states, ironically surrounding Israel. Much of those Muslim-dominated states were conquered by Muslims long time ago, including Syria, Palestine and Iraq.

The following are accounts of Muslim invasions of these areas:
http://www.fsmitha.com/h3/islam08.htm

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/293631/Iraq/22883/The-Arab-conquest-and-the-early-Islamic-period

Do you think the Muslim conquests are ok, since they are Muslim? If they were Jewish instead of Muslim, would you have an issue with them? Just curious.

Are you crazy, is that even a question? Muslim conquests are incomparable to how the state of Israel came about. For one thing, they happened hundreds of years ago, not 60 years ago. They are ancient history, not recent history. For another, people were not driven out of their lands, Islam was introduced to the people of those lands via those conquests. Also, so what if Europeans are still living on technically stolen land? See: tu quoque. Two wrongs don't make a right. Actually, the American government is doing all it can to appease Native Americans now. Israel is far from doing that any time soon.
That, and the fact that Native America and Jerusalem are not the same at all.
Zionism =/= Judaism. Jews may have been victims in the past, but no longer. This victim mentality they have needs to be got over and is not to be tolerated or empathised with at the expense of common humanity.
Many Jews do not believe in the legitimacy of the state of Israel, is that because they hate Jews too? Israel is NOT a Jewish state (even if it were, it has no right to kick out people to instate itself as the only Jewish state), it is a Zionist state. Israel does NOT welcome all Jews; Israel is only friendly to people who support its Zionist ideology.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Chindits
1) There are no settlements in Gaza.
2) Israel withdrew fully from Gaza
3)There was no blockade on Gaza from 2005-2007. Borders were open, but the rockets kept coming.

So none of those excuses hold water.

Straw-man. :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aka r
Saraya al quds brigade

ngl, their video shooting skills are on point
Original post by PaulPaulPaul
Orthodox Jews don't support Zionism as you know the Torah forbids a Jewish state. So I don't understand why you would support such a ugly state

I don't know the Torah. I am however aware that the Torah does not forbid Zionism. The Torah states the following: that Jews will return to Israel from the dispersion once the Messiah comes. This is definitely true and is used as the primary argument against Zionism when it suits the agenda of a certain type of person. In reality there is nothing that specifically states Jews are not allowed to return to Israel-hence why there were already Jews living their before the creation of the state in 1948. I should repeat - there is nothing that states that Jews should forcibly boycott the idea of Zionism or morally reject a state on theological grounds. If you want to discuss Jewish Theology it's reasonable to first accept the Jewish definition of a God. Assuming God is real, that he did not want the Jews to return to the land of Egypt then we may ask why they have been so successful repelling numerous enemies on all sides since 24 hours after it's creation on that brisk morning in 1948. So Theologically, the argument for the rejection of Zionism from a Jewish standpoint as it stands is very weak, although there are a large number of Jews who accept this.

Scriptures are always a very complicated topic to unravel as frustratingly, the most important aspects appear interpretational. The divide between Zionistic and anti-zionistic Jews is no different from the divide between Sunni and Shia in terms of religious conflict (Well, albeit Jews don't slaughter other Jews after a disagreement)
Original post by well in the dark
I feel incredibly sorry for all those of you who genuinely believe that Israel's aggression is only an act of defence. Israel has a deeper agenda you guys don't seem to have fathomed. Until you do, it'd be better for you to shut your infernal traps, instead of desperately attempt to justify Israel's actions by appealing to logical fallacies: to quoque, strawman, etc; there is simply no logical justification for Israel's actions.

This. I don't condone Hamas's actions but it's important to remember the origins of this conflict; Palestine were not the initial aggressors.

Original post by SarcasticMel
I always laughed at countries or institutions that need to make propaganda for themselves.

Does not every country and institution do this?
Original post by PaulPaulPaul
Orthodox Jews don't support Zionism as you know the Torah forbids a Jewish state. So I don't understand why you would support such a ugly state

Citation Needed

Original post by TurboCretin
Israel has violated 28 UN Security Council Resolutions, which are binding under international law.

They have also violated 100 UN General Assembly Resolutions, which are non-binding but express the disapproval of the international community.

They have also defied the International Court of Justice by continuing to build a wall segregating the West Bank.

This says more about the UN's relationship with Israel than about Israel itself.
Reply 1393
Original post by presidential_
ngl, their video shooting skills are on point

with Hezbollah squeezing the Israeli army, Hezbollah will not abandon Palestine

[video="youtube;-QClExpYXAc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QClExpYXAc[/video]
Original post by aka r
Saraya al quds brigade

Mi5 might be after you for watching such videos lol.
Reply 1395
Original post by mightyfrog2_10
Mi5 might be after you for watching such videos lol.

let them watch me, i actually want them to question me, so i can tell them who the real terrorist is
Reply 1396
Original post by Acidy

The fact is, and most of you won't be able to understand this, having been brainwashed with anti-logic conditioning.

I use Lynx
Obviously Israel has an incredibly powerful army.

Obviously Israel is occupying the West Bank and blockading the Gaza Strip.

Obviously the Palestinians want their own state

Obviously the Palestinians in Gaza want an end to the blockade.

Obviously rocket attacks from Gaza into Israel do not at all help the Palestinians achieve their goals.

Obviously when your friend is following a path of self-destruction you should intervene not cheer him on.

Where are the true friends of Palestine telling them to stop rocket attacks?
Original post by All falls dowwn

Rabbi Yisrael Rosen, director of the Tsomet Institute, a long-established religious institute attended by students and soldiers in the Israeli settlements of the West Bank.
His opinion is widely supported by Rabbis in Israel; quote

These are the loud opinions of men preparing their state to commit genocide. Comparisons to the Nazis are justified and worrying.

Grow up from this delusion of Israeli innocence. As if your pathetic views deserve a new thread.

No view is pathetic. There are only uneducated views and ignorance with your post as a prime example. Derp, one Rabbi called for extermination of the Palestinians therefore all Jews must want that because deep-de-derp.

A death on either side is a tragedy. To argue Israel should be labeled as the ''bully'' because it's better prepared is stoopid. Having a sophisticated military system, they spend Billions on protection of their citizens whilst in contrast the Palestinians welcome death. I'm sure you'll agree with me that it's sick encourage death as a means for media-support as this the natural weapon of Gaza. Again, re-evaluate and stop listening to whoever's giving you pretentious political ideas.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f44_1405953311

civilian gets shot down while looking for his family.

Latest

Trending

Trending