The Student Room Group

Group assessment how to do well

I have been to three group assessments now for internships/work placements, every time I have failed. Usually after the group stage I always feel like I haven't done enough to speak up.
But how do you speak up, as I've always found there to be two people in the groups who just dont stop talking and dominate the conversation/
Reply 1
Try to find a balance, its not just about who talks the most. Its about who doesnt take full charge (although this may be required for certain roles), and who doesnt take charge at the same time. So be the one who presents ideas, but doesnt dominate entirely. Just try your best. Its better to be the one who`s talking but saying the right things, than the one who`s constantly talking, with barely any useful stuff being said :smile:
Original post by Mav455
Try to find a balance, its not just about who talks the most. Its about who doesnt take full charge (although this may be required for certain roles), and who doesnt take charge at the same time. So be the one who presents ideas, but doesnt dominate entirely. Just try your best. Its better to be the one who`s talking but saying the right things, than the one who`s constantly talking, with barely any useful stuff being said :smile:

how do you stop the other person from talking without being rude (usually i find theyre saying the right thing anyway, and i would just say what theyre saying)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending