The Student Room Group

Fifa 15 career mode thread

As a person who has spent countless hours on the career mode, I thought it would be a good idea to collectively put our thoughts together for what was bad/good about this year's career mode and what could be done to improve.

Leave your thoughts below.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I would like the ability to buy a house,cars and women
Make it more like Sims
Original post by James222
I would like the ability to buy a house,cars and women
Make it more like Sims

I wouldn't, if you want that, you should just play sims?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ZSHNZ
As a person who has spent countless hours on the career mode, I thought it would be a good idea to collectively put our thoughts together for what was bad/good about this year's career mode and what could be done to improve.

Leave your thoughts below.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing will ever beat Football Manager if you enjoy career mode.

Career on FIFA is far too easy because it's all human controlled. You could win the Treble in your 1st Season with Crystal Palace if you're an average or above player.
Original post by OllieDS
Nothing will ever beat Football Manager if you enjoy career mode.

Career on FIFA is far too easy because it's all human controlled. You could win the Treble in your 1st Season with Crystal Palace if you're an average or above player.

I also play football manager but they are both very different experiences. Your point about it being human controlled, you're right, that can happen but it's about picking a difficulty level which is suitable for yourself personally.

When you buy players on FM, you look at their stats and what positions they play and how they would fit in to the team. Whereas on FIFA there are other variables that you look at such as if you think that personally they're a good player. What I mean by this is that most people on FIFA would prefer Ronaldo over Messi despite Messi having better stats. This is because most people know how to utilise Ronaldo's stats more than they can with Messi as most FIFA players want strength, pace and want to run down the wings most of the time. Whereas me, I'd take Messi anyday, as I know how to utilise his skills and Ronaldo just doesn't fit into my FIFA play-style. Similarly, I choose Barcelona over Madrid as they're more suited to me and I'm more successful with them compared to Real Madrid, despite Madrid being one of the most popular teams online.

This is just a few of the differences to consider when playing FM and FIFA. They're both amazing and I love them, but, sometimes it's good to have the option to play either. Also, having more influence in the game is why some people don't like FM, they like to feel like they're actually in control.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by ZSHNZ
I also play football manager but they are both very different experiences. Your point about it being human controlled, you're right, that can happen but it's about picking a difficulty level which is suitable for yourself personally.

When you buy players on FM, you look at their stats and what positions they play and how they would fit in to the team. Whereas on FIFA there are other variables that you look at such as if you think that personally they're a good player. What I mean by this is that most people on FIFA would prefer Ronaldo over Messi despite Messi having better stats. This is because most people know how to utilise Ronaldo's stats more than they can with Messi as most FIFA players want strength, pace and want to run down the wings most of the time. Whereas me, I'd take Messi anyday, as I know how to utilise his skills and Ronaldo just doesn't fit into my FIFA play-style. Similarly, I choose Barcelona over Madrid as they're more suited to me and I'm more successful with them compared to Real Madrid, despite Madrid being one of the most popular teams online.

This is just a few of the differences to consider when playing FM and FIFA. They're both amazing and I love them, but, sometimes it's good to have the option to play either. Also, having more influence in the game is why some people don't like FM, they like to feel like they're actually in control.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would enjoy a "Management Only" mode on FIFA 15 with the option of Network Games.

For me, Network Games on Football Manager is incredible and I'd love to see something similar on FIFA 15.
Original post by OllieDS
I would enjoy a "Management Only" mode on FIFA 15 with the option of Network Games.

For me, Network Games on Football Manager is incredible and I'd love to see something similar on FIFA 15.

You can sort of do management only, if you simulate every game.

How would you want network games to work? One off games with respective teams or full co-operative seasons?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by ZSHNZ
You can sort of do management only, if you simulate every game.

How would you want network games to work? One off games with respective teams or full co-operative seasons?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The same way Football Manager Network games work I suppose. Both playing in the same save and play at the same time etc...

I guess you could simulate all the FIFA matches but I've done that before and the team always seems to get awful results. Not to mention you can't make tactical changes or personnel changes during the match.
Original post by OllieDS
The same way Football Manager Network games work I suppose. Both playing in the same save and play at the same time etc...

I guess you could simulate all the FIFA matches but I've done that before and the team always seems to get awful results. Not to mention you can't make tactical changes or personnel changes during the match.

Ah, yeah that would be fun. PES have sort of got network matches but it's PES so..

I also hate that when you sim games, you have to change the formations and lineup in the main area and not the pre-match area where you'd do it if you were playing. Then you have to change it back after the game is over. Frustrating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest