The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Hmm, I prefer the first blog post over the second, but that's just me :tongue:

Thanks to both for sharing though! Interesting reads, both of them, for sure! :h:
Original post by Aula
Will have a look later, thanks for sharing.

Here's a beautiful blog post about having same sex attraction in the Catholic Church.

http://chastityproject.com/2014/07/chose-love-journey-catholic-sex-attraction/

God bless him as he endeavours to follow Jesus and also in his struggles, his commitment to remain celibate. :smile:
There are first world problems.

Then there are #TLGProblems

Then, there are #PopeProblems :rofl:

Hi everyone, hope people are well :smile:

Today, Bishop Ralph Heskett was installed as the Third Bishop of Hallam today at St Maries Cathedral in Sheffield.

I was fortunate enough to be able to go to the Installation followed by a reception at the Cutlers Hall in Sheffield City Centre, as well as be in this photograph of me, my parents and the new Bishop himself.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
There are first world problems.

Then there are #TLGProblems

Then, there are #PopeProblems :rofl:

The football is forefront at the minds of these two keen football fans
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
The football is forefront at the minds of these two keen football fans

Haha, that one is on my Facebook wall too! :awesome:
Reply 6846
I've been totally not bothered about anything to do with the football up until now. My newsfeed is now full of things that are actually quite amusing me about it all :mmm:
Original post by Aula
I've been totally not bothered about anything to do with the football up until now. My newsfeed is now full of things that are actually quite amusing me about it all :mmm:

Same. I haven't really followed this tournament at all. But I do like all these memes that are popping up all over the place! :colone:
So many great memes on Facebook after the match as well :teehee:

Happy feast day of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, peeps :h:

Still harbour dreams of being a Carmelite nun one day :moon:

:teehee:

:getmecoat:
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
God bless him as he endeavours to follow Jesus and also in his struggles, his commitment to remain celibate. :smile:

Hey, I'm not Catholic but even to me it's an inspiration. :smile: Because he is willing is change himself for religion and not change religion to fit his desires.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ankabout
Hey, I'm not Catholic but even to me it's an inspiration. :smile: Because he is willing is change himself for religion and not change religion to fit his desires.

Yes, indeed. :smile:
Happy Feast of St Mary Magdalen! One of my fave saints :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Parish priest was at my local train station. Felt too shy to go talk to him at first, coz he doesn't really know me because I don't go to that church anymore really :colondollar: But he looked lost, so I went and helped him figure out which train to get. Now I have warm fuzzies inside :h:
Reply 6853
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Parish priest was at my local train station. Felt too shy to go talk to him at first, coz he doesn't really know me because I don't go to that church anymore really :colondollar: But he looked lost, so I went and helped him figure out which train to get. Now I have warm fuzzies inside :h:

Yay TLG :h:

I wish there was somewhere near me with an early morning Mass. I quite want to go this Saturday because it's the feast of SS Anne and Joachim, and a) she's my name saint, and b) I'm saying a novena to here.

:sigh: that's what you get for weekend working.
Original post by Aula
Yay TLG :h:

I wish there was somewhere near me with an early morning Mass. I quite want to go this Saturday because it's the feast of SS Anne and Joachim, and a) she's my name saint, and b) I'm saying a novena to here.

:sigh: that's what you get for weekend working.

:console:
How do I join this group?
Peace be upon you :biggrin:
Reply 6856
Here's some food for thought :holmes:

Original post by KaylaMary
How do I join this group?
Peace be upon you :biggrin:

Basically by posting in here. I can't remember how to actually join groups, but perhaps someone else knows?

Welcome :h:
Original post by Katy200
i thought that was ther eason it was Roman catholic because of the pope and all. That i didnt really listen in RE. The teacher was evil. I went to a catolic primary secondry and now college. I should know that really.

Looks like you never graduated!

Sorry. As you can see i'm not a Catholic.
Reply 6858
Original post by DErasmus
Looks like you never graduated!

Sorry. As you can see i'm not a Catholic.

And you just quoted a post from 2006... :erm:
Original post by Aula
And you just quoted a post from 2006... :erm:

My bad... (I hope they have graduated now).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending