The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ben_Dover
How much are you getting paid?

Bag of shekels each hour

Also, I can to spend the night with Scarlett Johansson and drive an Israeli tank

Hopefully both at the same time

Spoiler

Original post by Jammy Duel
Of course not, there are plenty of military contracts and Israel are "the good guys" and Hamas are totally responsible for civilian casualties, allegedly.

No, many Americans do not think the above.

Many do not agree with what Israel is doing. As an American, I do not agree with Israel attacking Gaza. I think they should concentrate on the Iron Dome and keeping their defenses up, but that they should not attack Gaza either with missiles or drones or ground troops or any other weapon.

The ties of Israel with the USA have to do mainly with the following:

1. Family ties. Before the holocaust, many Jewish families made the USA their home. During and after the holocaust, many Jewish refugees also immigrated to the USA, while many of their relatives immigrated to Israel.
2. Holocaust horror. While the USA is guilty of turning Jewish immigrants away when they tried to come to the USA, after the American soldiers saw the Nazi concentration camps, the USA in general became dedicated to protecting the Jewish people.
3. Allies. Like the UK, Israel is an ally to the USA.

However, again many Americans do not see Israel as being the 'good guys' in this case, and are dismayed that Israel is killing people in Gaza. Again, as an American I believe that Israel should not be attacking and killing people. As a Christian, I believe they should be obeying Jesus' commands to love their enemies. However, sad to say the USA in general does not obey Jesus' commands to love their enemies, so how can I expect Israel to do what the USA does not do?

The USA should lead by example yet sadly and horrifically, the USA is guilty of killing thousands of babies, children, and adults in Japan, as well as killing civilians in other countries. :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Politricks
I was watching the BBC coverage of Gaza a couple of nights ago and I don't believe that there was a strong bias in favour of Israel at all. For example, they mentioned that the Israeli death toll was not comparable to the Palestinian one.

I remember there was a psychology experiment where they showed the same news clip to pro-Palestinian and pro-Israeli students. The pro-Palestinians said that the news coverage was biased in favour of Israel, and the pro-Israelis said that it was biased in favour of the Palestinians.

You watched a small segment one night and you're basing your judgement off that?

You are aware that they have been criticised by many for clearly being biased towards Israel? What do you think all these protests have been about?

I think you should educate yourself before quoting me
Original post by Chindits

Hamas guidelines on spreading propaganda

:biggrin::biggrin:

I think this deserves its own thread, we can't have the good people of Britain being fed the wrong information now can we
Have you just come from the Hamas website?

Hamas guidelines on spreading propaganda

:biggrin::biggrin:

I do wonder how much you get paid....is it a full time job?
Original post by yo radical one
Bag of shekels each hour

Also, I can to spend the night with Scarlett Johansson and drive an Israeli tank

Hopefully both at the same time

Spoiler

Let's not try covering it with a joke
Original post by Acidy
Yep. You've got me there.

I wouldn't recommend Al-Jazeera if you do.

More of a Russia Today person.
Original post by yo radical one
I think this deserves its own thread, we can't have the good people of Britain being fed the wrong information now can we

Go for it mate, I've started too many :biggrin:
Original post by Jordooooom
You watched a small segment one night and you're basing your judgement off that?

You are aware that they have been criticised by many for clearly being biased towards Israel? What do you think all these protests have been about?

I think you should educate yourself before quoting me

If the BBC is biased in Israel's favour (doubtful given its behaviour regarding the Balin report: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balen_Report) one might well argue that it is quite right to be so biased. In the same way as the BBC is unashamedly biased in favour of Britain, it ought to be more favourable to the liberal Western democracy than to the hateful, genocidal terrorists.
Original post by UniOfLife
I'm not commenting on the content of the resolutions only on their number. People say "Israel is in breach of XX resolutions" implying it must be really bad because of the number of resolutions against it. I am pointing out that the number tells us more about the UN than about Israel.

I hope that's more clear but I will happily expand and write more if needs be :smile:

Your line of argument is terrible. Of course it's really bad if they've broken so many UN resolutions. I can't believe you still try and justify their crimes
Go for it mate, I've started too many :biggrin:

Alright link me up
The Jews are indigenous.

We even had a so-called 'palestinian' introduce himself yesterday who, whilst blaming everything on Israel, admitted there's no such thing as 'palestinians'

The FABRICATED entity

And my favourite one of the all

Now I'm starting to understand why you have three red gems.
Haven't read last few pages so not sure if been posted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2701043/The-shocking-moment-Palestinian-civilian-shot-dead-Israeli-sniper-lying-defenceless-floor-earlier-hit.html

I know it's the DM but there's a video there proving it. How anyone can support these terrorists I don't know. It also puts paid to people that say "Israel don't target civilians" considering they shot a man in his hip and as he lay there on the ground blood dripping out shot at his chest again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tsr1269
They target military bases as well. Here, live feed from Al Qassam...

So the fact that once they've provoked Israel into attacking, they don't mind killing IDF soldiers, somehow justifies their endless campaign against peace during the calm years in between Israeli strikes? Never mind the fact that they're a bunch of totalitarian fascists...

Do you believe the response from Israel has been adequate or do they need to step it up a gear?

It depends what you mean by stepping it up a gear. I would be inclined to say that the civilian casualties have been simply too high, but I'm the sort of person who would never be able to authorise any kind of military operation which involves the unintentional killing of civilians. All I know is that there will be violence while Hamas are around.

But HAMAS's request are an end to the siege of Gaza which affects the everyday Palestinian.

And once they achieve that, they will demand an end to the Jewish state too.

You say HAMAS want to destroy Israel. The Likud Charter rejects a Palestinian State.

You say HAMAS want to kill all Jews. A Knesset member calls for the genocide of Palestinians.

You say HAMAS kills civilians. The IDF kills civilians.

I say Hamas targets civilians. The IDF does not target civilians. If it did, every Gazan would be dead.

Which Knesset member called for the genocide of Palestinians? If that is real, he should be fired and possibly jailed.

Rejecting the creation of a state is a bit different to calling for the destruction of one which already exists. I also reject the creation of a Palestinian state, if it's going to be a tyranny (which it would be).

Because it stands for something?

It only stands for something in Arabic.
Original post by Ben_Dover
Let's not try covering it with a joke

I'm actually pretty pissed; I would have much preferred Mila Kunis to Scarlett

:teehee:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PaulPaulPaul
Your line of argument is terrible. Of course it's really bad if they've broken so many UN resolutions. I can't believe you still try and justify their crimes

I really think you're missing the point - perhaps deliberately.

Let me give an analogy. If the police arrest many more black people than white people despite it being obvious that the level of criminality between the two parties is at least comparable then this indicates that the police are institutionally racist. It doesn't indicate that black people are more criminal.

The same thing goes here. That Israel has more resolutions passed against it than anyone else despite it being obviously no worse (and in fact significantly less bad) than the others tells us that the UN has an institutional problem with regard to Israel. It does not tell us that Israel is much worse. Capisce?
Original post by Agapelove
Did the Canaanites escape centuries earlier and are their descendants coming back to the land of their forefathers?

The question is: Should the land be given back to the Canaanites?

I agree with Albert Einstein's quote above, which is why I believe both the Palestinians and the Israelis should stop attacking each other.

All it takes to fulfil that quote is Israel to stop attacking the Palestinians. That quote by Einstein does not require the Palestinians to lay down their arms.

Do you think if the Jews took up armed struggle against Nazi Germany, we would start supporting Nazi Germany?

I follow Jesus. Who do you follow?

Life?

Then why are you replying to me?

I am replying to your misconceptions, not your personal opinions on the matter.

To be fair, I could have worded it a little differently. I hope you were not insulted or offended?

You can and you did. I was born and I live in the USA.

Where are you from and in which country do you live?

I suppose you are in favour of unlimited South American and Asian immigration?

I am not attacking you. Why verbally attack me, simply because we disagree?

I am not attacking you. I am attacking the opinions and misconceptions that you hold.
Original post by UniOfLife
If the BBC is biased in Israel's favour (doubtful given its behaviour regarding the Balin report: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balen_Report) one might well argue that it is quite right to be so biased. In the same way as the BBC is unashamedly biased in favour of Britain, it ought to be more favourable to the liberal Western democracy than to the hateful, genocidal terrorists.

Ahh yes, the noble liberal western democracy that has no issue with killing children. And Palestine are the terrorists? :rolleyes:
Original post by Jordooooom
Ahh yes, the noble liberal western democracy that has no issue with killing children. And Palestine are the terrorists? :rolleyes:

Sorry, were no children killed in the invasions of Afghanistan or Iraq? I must have missed that.

And no, the other side in this conflict is Hamas. And yes, they very definitely are terrorists.
Original post by tsr1269
How can you steal something from people who did not own that something?

Islam "stole" Jerusalem from the Byzantium Empire, not Judaism.

Islam stole Jerusalem from the Byzantium Empire, which stole Jerusalem from the Romans who destroyed it. A whole lot of stealing and destruction going on there. :frown:

Reminds me of this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY
:frown:

Why did the Jews not fight back against the European countries like Germany? Why do they not make a "homeland" in Germany?

Great question.

There are no Jewish prophecies about the Jewish people returning to Germany, but there are Jewish prophecies accounted in the Tanakh about the Jewish people returning to the land where King David walked (Israel).

After all, they sure lived there longer than they were in Palestine. Why did the Arabs have to contend with mass immigration from EUROPEAN JEWS?

The Arabs have the holocaust to thank for that. Sadly, the Grand Mufti of Palestine was in league with Hitler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjk34r7OSkM

Only 0.14% of the world believes Palestine is a "homeland for Jews" and these Jews are colloquially termed "the modern" ones.

Many of the actual practising Orthodox ones do not believe a word of that rubbish as demonstrated by their protest against Israel here:

It is very ironic that those atheist Jews, as well as those Christians who do not adhere to the old law of Moses would turn around and use the scriptures (that they do not believe in) as evidence of a claim that Palestine should be a "Jewish Homeland because it says in the scriptures"...

Life is full of ironies.

Again, it's not new that Jewish people are against other Jewish people.

I wonder if the Jewish people who are against the nation of Israel were against the regeneration of Israel during the time of King Cyrus the Great of Persia?

Latest

Trending

Trending