The Student Room Group

Is This The Most Offensive Anime Ever?

It's called Hetalia: Axis Powers. Basically, it tells the story of WWII by turning all the countries into hot "yaoi style" guys and describing the battles and stuff through their relationships :lol:

They have a Youtube channel if you want to watch it :tongue:

[video="youtube;b_i-XL_fm6E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_i-XL_fm6E[/video]

Scroll to see replies

I didn't watch all of it but it seems pretty educational. Not offensive. There are others that are worse. Remember Mr popo...
Reply 2
You, my friend, have obviously never been exposed to Boku No Pico.
Reply 3
Original post by Ambrosia_angel
I didn't watch all of it but it seems pretty educational. Not offensive. There are others that are worse. Remember Mr popo...

I personally don't really find it offensive, but I imagine anyone with a connection to WWII probably might. You haven't got to the yaoi bits yet either :rofl:

BenAssirati
x

I don't find sexual stuff offensive :dontknow:
Reply 4
Original post by Champagning
I personally don't really find it offensive, but I imagine anyone with a connection to WWII probably might. You haven't got to the yaoi bits yet either :rofl:

I don't find sexual stuff offensive :dontknow:

It offends my sense of sight :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by BenAssirati

I was about to say... [shudders]
Reply 6
It offends my sense of sight :biggrin:

*Googles it* Dis gon be gud... :perv:

kodama
x

OMG are those the things from Princess Mononoke in your avatar? :colondollar:

Exactly what i was going to say :laugh:

I've never properly watched it Hetalia but i've seen posts about it, i assume it's pretty educational and tbh i'm not averse to some yaoi :sexface:
Reply 8

They are indeed.
This is so brilliant in a weird camp kind of way it's unreal

Also the voiceover sounds like Jessie from Pokemon
Reply 10
Original post by brownsugar-xx
Exactly what i was going to say :laugh:

I've never properly watched it Hetalia but i've seen posts about it, i assume it's pretty educational and tbh i'm not averse to some yaoi :sexface:

Yeah, I guess it is "educational" in a sense... :tongue:

The male characters are something else TBF. Google Image them. Germany is my favourite :sexface: (guy on the left):

*Googles it* Dis gon be gud... :perv:

I cannot guarantee you will come back, and if you do, you will not be the same. :colone:
Yeah, I guess it is "educational" in a sense... :tongue:

The male characters are something else TBF. Google Image them. Germany is my favourite :sexface: (guy on the left):

germany no lookin bad i have to say :wink:

Just tried watching the vid but the accents and voices just grated on me :frown: perhaps it's the weeabo in me...nah it's honestly annoying af.
Reply 13
I cannot guarantee you will come back, and if you do, you will not be the same. :colone:

It was tamer than I'd expected TBH :colone: :biggrin:

brownsugar-xx
germany no lookin bad i have to say :wink:

Just tried watching the vid but the accents and voices just grated on me :frown: perhaps it's the weeabo in me...nah it's honestly annoying af.

Yeah, knowing how "serious" the real WWII was, I can't really get behind the "cutesy" portrayal of it TBH :s-smilie:
It was tamer than I'd expected TBH :colone: :biggrin:

Yeah, knowing how "serious" the real WWII was, I can't really get behind the "cutesy" portrayal of it TBH :s-smilie:

Oh man have you ever read manga from Gengoroh Tagame? straight up nightmares yo google dat ****.

Yeah i feel ya. But some of the watchers do take it very seriously - like America breaking away from Britain. They make it very dramatic and 'omg america wanted freedom so badly he lifted a gun to his own...brother/lover/father/what?' idk.
Reply 15
Oh man have you ever read manga from Gengoroh Tagame? straight up nightmares yo google dat ****.

Yeah i feel ya. But some of the watchers do take it very seriously - like America breaking away from Britain. They make it very dramatic and 'omg america wanted freedom so badly he lifted a gun to his own...brother/lover/father/what?' idk.

*googles Gengoroh Tagame* OH MYYYY NOW THIS IS YAOI :eek: Gurlll what have you sent me into? XDDD

Haha, tru dat. I guess maybe it's just a different way of portraying seriousness. :tongue: It is pretty a addictive seris TBH too.
*googles Gengoroh Tagame* OH MYYYY NOW THIS IS YAOI :eek: Gurlll what have you sent me into? XDDD

Haha, tru dat. I guess maybe it's just a different way of portraying seriousness. :tongue: It is pretty a addictive seris TBH too.

Ikr :frown: things happened in his works that i never thought could happen...wanted to bleach my eyes out as well as my mind after reading 'Father and Son in Hell'.

Yeah, i've thought about watching it since it's only 5 mins an ep but if i do it's subs all da way.
Reply 17
Ikr :frown: things happened in his works that i never thought could happen...wanted to bleach my eyes out as well as my mind after reading 'Father and Son in Hell'.

Yeah, i've thought about watching it since it's only 5 mins an ep but if i do it's subs all da way.

Ok, now THAT one sounds like too much :coma: :nope:

Subs all the way? (Sorry - I'm hungover and having trouble processing sentences right now :colondollar:)
Ok, now THAT one sounds like too much :coma: :nope:

Subs all the way? (Sorry - I'm hungover and having trouble processing sentences right now :colondollar:)

you don't even want to know...:redface:

I like watching anime with English subtitles instead of with English dub :biggrin:
Aesthetica of a Rogue hero, literally nothing but oversized boobs and one man who's just cool enough to fondle them all.

http://animereporter.com/2014/06/14/aesthetica-of-a-rogue-hero-review-nudity-nsfw/

Only offensive if you: think guys shouldn't grope any set of breast at will/ regularly undress women against their will/ take any amount of value from actual storytelling

Quick Reply

Latest