The Student Room Group

Anti-Jewish riot in France

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israelgaza-conflict-fears-that-violence-could-transfer-to-french-streets-after-night-of-protests-9617950.html

In France one of the pro-Palestine protests turned into an anti-Jewish riot with slogans such as "Jew to the Jews" being chanted as well as Jewish owned shops and Synagogues being attacked. It is hardly unexpected but for all the things I hear about how Western media is pro-Jewish or pro-Israel the total lack of coverage of this makes that seem highly unlikely.

Edit: Don't drag this thread off topic about the IPC etc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No different to anti muslim protests by front nationale
Original post by James222

I knew people wouldn't give a **** about this. As much as I oppose the Front Nationale for their bigotry (including hatred of Muslims), how many times do Mosques get attacked whenever they march?
Reply 3
The lack of coverage ??? You expect BBC news to give low level crime in France more importance than 200 people dying in Ukraine or 300 in gaza?
The pro isreali media gives equal airtime to 1 dead isreali and 300 dead palestinians
They ignore all the peaceful protests in london and manchester aswell
Reply 4
Original post by yo radical one
I knew people wouldn't give a **** about this. As much as I oppose the Front Nationale for their bigotry (including hatred of Muslims), how many times do Mosques get attacked whenever they march?

Your overblowing this story its a domestic law and order issue
Many times muslims get stabbed all the time by fascist groups in france

or neo-nazi 1930s
Your overblowing this story its a domestic law and order issue
Many times muslims get stabbed all the time by fascist groups in france

An anti-Jewish riot in the middle of Western Europe is not a non-story at all
Reply 7
Original post by Meenglishnogood
or neo-nazi 1930s

Nazis in the 30s where not neo
And this was spontaneous by teenagers not a organised political strategy

An anti-Jewish riot in the middle of Western Europe is not a non-story at all

It is for UK news or Global News.
Its a story hence the independent reported it but its not headline news over ukraine
A week ago, some Jews were rioting in Paris, the police did nothing and arrested no one? How about that?
Nazis in the 30s where not neo
And this was spontaneous by teenagers not a organised political strategy

yes probably those communities were just brought up racists
Original post by Meenglishnogood
yes probably those communities were just brought up racists

Unlikely more to do events
Unlikely more to do events

no events can excuse deep seated racist view. it would be like the whole British population suddenly attacking all the uk mosques becuase of what ISIS are doing, or al queda.
These are not French youths. They are North African Muslims.

I think the real issue is the alarming levels of Islam in France.
Reply 13
Original post by democracyforum
These are not French youths. They are North African Muslims.

I think the real issue is the alarming levels of Islam in France.

Alarming? How so?
Also the assumption that islam causes such chants is quite ridiculous. It was more likely the Algerians (semites themselves ironically) trying to make a point about the banning of pro-palestinian protests on the grounds that they were anti-semetic.
Original post by Dhibla
Alarming? How so?
Also the assumption that islam causes such chants is quite ridiculous. It was more likely the Algerians (semites themselves ironically) trying to make a point about the banning of pro-palestinian protests on the grounds that they were anti-semetic.

I'm not going to say that Islam is a problem etc, but if they ended up burning and looting Synagogues and Jewish owned businesses, they clearly have a point...
Reply 15
I'm not going to say that Islam is a problem etc, but if they ended up burning and looting Synagogues and Jewish owned businesses, they clearly have a point...

Their point was that islam was the problem. Mine is that the vandalism and criminal damage has little to do with islam. If you disagree that islam isn't the problem, what is the point? I'm confused.
Original post by Dhibla
Alarming? How so?

There are 15 million Muslims in France. That itself is the problem.
Original post by Dhibla
Their point was that islam was the problem. Mine is that the vandalism and criminal damage has little to do with islam. If you disagree that islam isn't the problem, what is the point? I'm confused.

Actually the problem in France is the muslim youth are angry/ignored/unemployed/poverty stricken and disliked by the majority of the non-Muslim society, and are just waiting to explode.
The fact that Marine Le Pen got 30% of the vote didn't help matters.
And the gaza situation isn't helping either.
Reply 18
Original post by democracyforum
There are 15 million Muslims in France. That itself is the problem.

I really don't want to start an argument which uses stereotypes and racism to justify an argument, so ok.
Original post by Dhibla
Alarming? How so?

I'm confused. Are Algerians all Buddhists or something?

To be crystal clear - antisemitism refers to Jews and only to Jews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending