The Student Room Group

Being a gentleman, straight to friend zone?

A girl said I was a gentleman is this indication that I'm well and truly in the 'friend zone'?

Scroll to see replies

What did you do?
No.
It's a good thing trust me, but you need to have more qualities being a gentleman is fine but not when that's your only attribute.
No
If being a gentleman is the best thing that can be said about you, then a girl is probably not going to want a relationship with you.
No.
Reply 7
Original post by Vespasunset
A girl said I was a gentleman is this indication that I'm well and truly in the 'friend zone'?

Of course not. She might have just said it because you held a door open for her and said it as a jokey way. Being 'friendzoned' is much more than being called something, once (unless it's "you're my best friend for life". Had that before. Ouch.)
No...
This is why monday to wednesday you treat them good then thursday to sunday you treat them like ****.
Switch that **** up lads
Reply 10
Absolutely, in fact any behaviour on the nice side of slapping her across the face on introduction is a guaranteed friendzone. Women hate positivity of any kind, and the only thing that will ever get you a girl is acting with outright malice towards anything with a vagina.

Or more accurately, no of course not.
Original post by lucaf
Absolutely, in fact any behaviour on the nice side of slapping her across the face on introduction is a guaranteed friendzone. Women hate positivity of any kind, and the only thing that will ever get you a girl is acting with outright malice towards anything with a vagina.

Or more accurately, no of course not.

This.

A few of the other replies on this thread are furthering my suspicions that most of the guys on TSR could happily compromise a "lonely male virgin" club.
Original post by Champagning
This.

A few of the other replies on this thread are furthering my suspicions that most of the guys on TSR could happily compromise a "lonely male virgin" club.

'Suspicions'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
It may be, it may not be, it's hard to tell. But I hate hate HATE this friend zone.
Being called a friend is being in the friendzone. If you don't want to be, flirt a bit more. If you calls you a friend or anything similar after, she's either politely saying no or she's very oblivious
Original post by chelseajanett
Being called a friend is being in the friendzone. If you don't want to be, flirt a bit more. If you calls you a friend or anything similar after, she's either politely saying no or she's very oblivious

Disagree. Friends often sleep together. Being in the friendzone (whatever that means) is something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
If that is your instinct, then probably, yes
why not just tell her you like her?

Obviously not directly at first, but being physical like holding her, hugging her more than necessary, kissing her on the cheek, etc

Show her that you mean business.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Disagree. Friends often sleep together. Being in the friendzone (whatever that means) is something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very good point! That's just how I've always associated it, my bad (:
Original post by chelseajanett
Very good point! That's just how I've always associated it, my bad (:

My understanding of it is something like this: guy wants to be in relationship with girl. But girl doesn't want to. So guy becomes friends with girl in the hope that she will eventually realise that they are 'fated' to be together. Or something like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending