The Student Room Group

has my kitten been been raped?

we recently adopted a kitten and she's 3 months old now. lately we've been letting her out of the house more and she didn't come home last night. we were so worried but she thankfully came in this afternoon. every time we touch her, she becomes angry and starts scratching. she has never shown this behaviour before. could it just be my paranoia and she's just angry because she slept rough last night or is there a possibility something bad happened to her? :frown:

p.s -can you all posting these silly memes kindly piss off please. i'm not trolling just a new pet owner lol
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think that rape as a conclusion is quite far-fetched.. probably more likely that she was attacked or hurt herself.
it has probably just decided it doesnt like you. cats do this sometimes
Original post by Meenglishnogood
it has probably just decided it doesnt like you. cats do this sometimes

but she used to love me :frown:
Rape? That's a bit extreme, think about it. Take the thing to the vet :smile:
Original post by Secretnerd123

i doubt it was ever love

you should find a boyfriend
Original post by Secretnerd123

No she didn't. Cats have no affinities to their owners and will not return home if they find someone else who gives them food.
Reply 7
Rape implies that your cat has the ability to consent (or not) which cats do not since cats lack such intelligence
Reply 8
Its possible that it was attacked or chased, if a dog chases my cats they get really angry and hiss and scratch, even though they're both really laid back. Just give the poor bugger a chance to calm down. Maybe you should keep him in for a few days, or as he's quite young just let him out in the garden supervised so he doesn't run off.
Original post by orange crush
No she didn't. Cats have no affinities to their owners and will not return home if they find someone else who gives them food.

That is such bull****.
Also apparently it's advisable not to let your kitten out until it's around 5 months old. At it should be neutered first.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
That is such bull****.

Is it actually? Always thought it was true, granted it was a friend who told me, but that particular guy is usually bang on about that kinda stuff.
Is it actually? Always thought it was true, granted it was a friend who told me, but that particular guy is usually bang on about that kinda stuff.

Yeah it is. I have cats and they love me. One follows me around and actually meows for me, even coming in the room when I'm in the shower. She can tell my footsteps from other peoples, and won't come to everyone. There are plenty of places she could get food from. She sleeps on my bed and I find hey cuddled up to me
Yeah it is. I have cats and they love me. One follows me around and actually meows for me, even coming in the room when I'm in the shower. She can tell my footsteps from other peoples, and won't come to everyone. There are plenty of places she could get food from. She sleeps on my bed and I find hey cuddled up to me

I've known a few cats like that but it seems a bit anecdotal. idk
I've known a few cats like that but it seems a bit anecdotal. idk

Why do you think they're not loving just cause your friend says so?
(edited 9 years ago)
Why do you think they're not loving just cause your friend says so?

He's not the kind of guy that would just make something like that up. Plus I've known anecdotal evidence of cats that have spontaneously found new families.
She was probably hurt by someone so now she's afraid of humans. Your kitten is still young. Give her about a month to adjust and be patient with her. DO NOT touch her if she doesn't like it.

Lesson to be learnt: Don't let your cat out of the house.
He's not the kind of guy that would just make something like that up. Plus I've known anecdotal evidence of cats that have spontaneously found new families.

:curious:

Okay, just believe random crap your friend says because he's not the kind to make that up.

The reason cats can do that is if they're unhappy, not because someone else puts food out

Cats can be loving too e.g. my cat purrs everytime I'm close. She's afraid of everyone though and doesn't like to eat chicken. Weird cat. :biggrin:
Original post by _jake_
Its possible that it was attacked or chased, if a dog chases my cats they get really angry and hiss and scratch, even though they're both really laid back. Just give the poor bugger a chance to calm down. Maybe you should keep him in for a few days, or as he's quite young just let him out in the garden supervised so he doesn't run off.

good idea i guess..

Quick Reply

Latest