The Student Room Group

Not sure if I will have enough UCAS points to get into uni

I study a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in Motorsport and I need 280 UCAS Points to get into university but I think I will only get 240 - 260 from my predicted grades, will they still let me in if my personal statement is good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoeLangton1
I study a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in Motorsport and I need 280 UCAS Points to get into university but I think I will only get 240 - 260 from my predicted grades, will they still let me in if my personal statement is good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only the uni you're hoping to apply to can answer this accurately. Email them directly and ask.
Hi,

It really depends on how everyone else does and whether the institution you applied to has places left. You may still be accepted if the course is under subscribed. Many courses are under subscribed.

However, it can be a case that many people on the reserve list did well. In which case the institution may decide to give your place to someone else.

Additionally, if everyone doing the same Btec also under achieves you have nothing to worry about, as the uni's will be aware of this, many people will miss the offers.

Finally, you should just enjoy the holidays. There isn't much you can do until results day. Maybe you did better than you thought and got into your chosen course. Or others found it really hard and the boundaries where much lower. Resulting in higher UCAS tariff points....
Reply 3
I'd be more worried about the costs than what particular uni you're hoping for. I got a degree last year at Queens Mary in London but hasn't made any difference. Yep! still unemployed lol

I'm worried about the debts I need to pay back but got no job :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by JoeLangton1

Posted from TSR Mobile

My offer was 280 and I got 240 and still got my unconditional offer last week. so it is possible. It completely depends on the university and how popular or unpopular the course is. Don't forget that each student is worth to the university so if they don't have enough people to fill up the course with 280 ucas points they will give you serious consideration.

The university is the only place to go for a definitive answer so give them a call. I'd do it ASAP as BTEC students are getting their unconditional places around about now. (We don't wait untill results day).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending