The Student Room Group

What degree do i choose to pursue primary school teaching?

From UCAS search I found two BA hons courses: Education studies and Early childhood studies. Both courses are different and I want to make sure the course I choose is right for teaching. Which course do you think is more suitable than the other?

Also because I am applying to uni in 2015, for those who have or are in uni pursuing a primary school teaching career. What uni do or did you go to?
I'm applying to uni in 2015 as well, I want to be a primary school teacher so I'm going to study primary education with qts. This is just one route though if you were to study educational studies or early childhood I though you would also have to get a pgce afterwards if that makes sense
Reply 2
I'm also applying to university for 2015, primary education with QTS. I will be applying to Brighton and Chichester, as I am a mature student with two children so need to stay fairly close to home. I start my access course in September. Just want to get started now! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by 0011Abcdefg
I'm applying to uni in 2015 as well, I want to be a primary school teacher so I'm going to study primary education with qts. This is just one route though if you were to study educational studies or early childhood I though you would also have to get a pgce afterwards if that makes sense

Do you have any uni's in mind?
Reply 4
Original post by SarahR74
I'm also applying to university for 2015, primary education with QTS. I will be applying to Brighton and Chichester, as I am a mature student with two children so need to stay fairly close to home. I start my access course in September. Just want to get started now! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your suggestion :smile:
Reply 5
What access course are you doing in September? :smile:

Original post by SarahR74

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

I am starting my 2nd year on a Primary Education Degree (with recommended QTS) in september. I go to Manchester Met Uni. I am a mature student and did an access course in 2012/13.

You can do this degree over 3/4 years depending on the university, and become a primary school teacher.

You can also do ANY other degree...Education, Early Years, History etc. Then apply for a PCGE to gain your teaching qualification.

You must also pass the QTS test PRIOR to starting either the BA or PCGE course.
Reply 7
Original post by mb_92
What access course are you doing in September? :smile:

I am doing an Access to Social Sciences course from September, I did originally wanted to do the Access to Teaching but there isn't anywhere near me that offers it :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest