The Student Room Group

Girls, would you date a 5'7/5'8 guy?

Poll

Girls - Would you date a 5'7/5'8 guy?

Following from the Girls, would you date a 5'3'' guy? thread, I thought I would start a thread for a somewhat more common height for guys. Not very short like 5'3, but standard short 5'7/5'8, which I think is on the periphery of short to "less than average" depending on how you define it.

I know we've had a million height threads from insecure guys, so I suppose there's nothing wrong with starting the millionth and one thread on it. :tongue:

My exact measurement is around 5'7.5 or slightly over (I'm marginally closer to 5'8 I think). So I'm at a height which I know is relatively short, and could be at a disadvantage, but I'm not totally sure how much it is? Obviously for every inch you go under 5'10, its certainly going to be more difficult to be attractive.

Seeing the results for the 5'3 thread where two-thirds were against it, I'm just curious to see how this would fare.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm 5'7 ish and I have/would. Although yes taller is better marginally taller is fine if they're a good person.
Also most girls are still shorter than that so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yes I would. I'm only 5'3 so someone who is 5'7 or 5'8 wouldn't feel too much of a giant next to me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would.
Depends on whether I'm attracted to the person. :P
I'm 5'8 and was with someone the same height. I didn't care (it wasn't even something I thought about) because I found him attractive and liked him for who he was. So yeah, if I liked them.
I would since I'm 5ft6/7 so not too bad, I don't mind anyone the same height as me or taller and occasionally one inch shorter. But either way it all depends on th persons personality

Posted from TSR Mobile
im 5ft 2, so that should be fine
A lot would. Friend of mine is shorter than that and dates far more than me, just because he's 'on it' more. Yes you'll get rejections, just like I'm 6' 1" and get rejections.
I'm 5'3 so pretty much anything taller than me would be completely fine
Yup, no reason not to, height isn't an issue for me:smile:
Height matters little if your face isn't up to scratch.

I'm 6'3" yet get rejected and no girls show interest because I have face which is objectively a 4 out of 10.

You have to realize women always date up so they always want a guy better looking than them and one who is taller than them when they're in their heels. This becomes more pronounced if they are looking for ONS.

It's disconcerting that my female equivalent (a female 4/10) still gets attention from average and above average looking guys and the ocassional male models looking for an easy lay and only considers them.
In truth, if you're below 5'10 in this day and age you're going to struggle.
Original post by what is this
Height matters little if your face isn't up to scratch.

Well online dating shows guys who are taller receive statistically more replies than shorter males, significantly so in some cases. There was a bit of a drop of after 5'10, 5'7/5'8 guys received statistically fewer responses than 5'10, but there was an even much bigger drop off for guys under 5'5.

Amongst white males in the US aged 20-39, my 5'7.5-5'8 height puts me at the 15th percentile. Somebody at 5'7 flat is at the 10th percentile.
I'm around 5'2/5'3, so yes. Height really isn't that much of an issue compared to other things, so it really shouldn't be a problem.
Original post by Anonymous
In truth, if you're below 5'10 in this day and age you're going to struggle.

Really? Those 5-6 girls who gave their replies don't seem to care.
I would. All though i'm 5'9 and in heels I'm into the 6' range so I would be taller. Although I tend to wear converse all the time so thats why i'd say yes. haha :smile: Ideal hight for me would be 6 feet plus just so that if I did go out id be able to wear heels!
Reply 17
If I would date them if they were 6'3 I would probably date them if they were 5'7. Lets keep in mind though that I'm somewhere between 5'10 and 5'11 so I apparently "intimidate" guys my age anyway :rolleyes:. At the end of the day we would both be considered within the undesirable height range for our gender (you're "too short" and I'm "too tall"), so I don't think I could really complain.
Yus, they'd be like giants to me :ahee:
Let me get this straight OP.

Tall girls will go for taller guys. Short girls will go for tall guys. And some exceptions might go for short guys.

So, you can safely assume that girls below 5'8 will go for you. (As long as you have the personality, looks or whatever these women want). Period.

Latest

Trending

Trending