The Student Room Group

Is doing Maths, Further maths, Chemistry, Physics too hard?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by purpura
Just wondering

hardest a level combination imo
If you're good at those subjects, then no, of course it wouldn't be too hard.

Difficulty is completely subjective. Obviously people manage to do those subjects every year, with plenty of people getting good grades with that combination.
Original post by Sam98x
maths, further maths and physics?
seriously there is no need to have all three, i would drop physics and choose another subject to show your all rounded.
universities prefer that.

Absolute nonsense.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Absolute nonsense.

Completely agree with you
That poster speaking absolute rubbish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Absolute nonsense.

GEEZ GUYS I GET IT. IVE JUST FINISHED YEAR 11. i was just speaking from a point of view that i was given from my teachers. Anyone wanting to go into medical field should take bio,chem or if not chem then maths OR physics. So i assumed that in this case physics and maths is regarded the same and so there would be no point taking maths further maths and physics ontop of that but obviously OP wants to go into something other than medical i presume like engineering. So just ignore my previous post please.
Original post by Sam98x
GEEZ GUYS I GET IT. IVE JUST FINISHED YEAR 11. i was just speaking from a point of view that i was given from my teachers. Anyone wanting to go into medical field should take bio,chem or if not chem then maths OR physics. So i assumed that in this case physics and maths is regarded the same and so there would be no point taking maths further maths and physics ontop of that but obviously OP wants to go into something other than medical i presume like engineering. So just ignore my previous post please.

Yeah I understand, it's annoying when 5+ people tell you the same ****ing thing.
Original post by Sam98x

Wow, you really have no clue, do you? What do you mean 'if not Chem'? To get into any medical school in the country, you must have Chemistry. Always. Some don't mind whether you have Biology or not.
Reply 27
Original post by Dilzo999
Yeah I understand, it's annoying when 5+ people tell you the same ****ing thing.

I know right?:s-smilie:
Reply 28
Original post by thechemistress
Wow, you really have no clue, do you? What do you mean 'if not Chem'? To get into any medical school in the country, you must have Chemistry. Always. Some don't mind whether you have Biology or not.

I am not in any way interested in the medical field so therefore i dont care to be honest. But im 100% sure on this previous post i made because i was told it by my career advisor when i actually thought i gave a crap about going into medicine.
Reply 29
Depends on how you find them, really. If you find Maths hard in general, then you're going to have to be working a lot for them.

In my case, I did Physics, Chemistry,Biology and Maths. I find Physics and Maths to be very manageable as the math involved isn't too hard for me. Chemistry and Biology on the other hand are what take up most of my time. I haven't done A2 yet.
Original post by Sam98x
I am not in any way interested in the medical field so therefore i dont care to be honest. But im 100% sure on this previous post i made because i was told it by my career advisor when i actually thought i gave a crap about going into medicine.

Yeah, you're wrong. I really don't see why you're 100% sure.
Original post by Sam98x

Yeah you're wrong about the medicine thing as well.
Reply 32
Yeah, you're wrong. I really don't see why you're 100% sure.

And i really dont see why your so butthurt.
Original post by Sam98x
And i really dont see why your so butthurt.

:lol:
Please go and learn the definition of butthurt.

Honestly Sam, I would refrain from giving any more advice. Pretty much everything you've said on here has been incorrect :rofl:

Edit: And your grammar is pretty ****. It's *you're
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by sgulmedic
OP, first of all, I cannot understand why your username is the name of a skin condition.

However, with respect to your choices, Maths, Further Maths and Physics have components in similar. If you chose the Mechanics module of Maths / Further maths instead of Statistics, it would serve very much in your favour. A lot of the topics in the Mechanics module and Physics overlap.

I do not think it is hard at all.

Purpura is latin for purple
Reply 35
Yeah, I made my mind to pick these 4 A levels but drop chemistry in A2 if too hard. Thanks mates
Original post by purpura
Purpura is latin for purple

Purpura is also a skin problem which causes discolouration of the skin

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/purpuric-rashes
Reply 37
Purpura is also a skin problem which causes discolouration of the skin

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/purpuric-rashes

Damn, people must have thought 'what a weirdo'
Reply 38
In my own personal experience studying English, History and Law is much harder! ????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purpura
Damn, people must have thought 'what a weirdo'

Yeah, just a bit :tongue:

Original post by josh.m
In my own personal experience studying English, History and Law is much harder! ????

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you're telling me you studied English, History, Law, Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry at A-Level? :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest