The Student Room Group

I made her upset..what should I do?

Ok so I made a close friend (girl) of mine upset and I don't know what to do..

It was over something small to be honest.. I just asked her to change my name on something for me and she said no. Then I said:
"if you don't change it i won't talk to u"
Then she said "ok don't talk"
Then I replied:
"what is ur problem? i do everything for u and u can't even do a small thing for me..wow"

Then she said that she doesn't like the way I said that.. do this otherwise i won't talk..

Then I just said I'm sorry but please change my name.

Then she said ok and she changed it.

Then she went quiet.

I asked her are u angry?

And she replied:

"i dont understand why u said u do everything for me.. u don't need to say that.. when u help someone then u just keep inside u don't say it"

I said I'm sorry again and i didnt mean it.

Then she said "ok dont worry" and "will talk later"

But I know she is upset/angry at me. And she probably won't talk for a while now.

Now I don't know what to do. Is it my fault? I hate making her upset or when there is tension between us. I already said sorry twice and I really didn't mean to upset her at all.

Anyway, what should I do in the morning?
1. Message her and act like nothing happened?
2. Not message her and see if she messages me?
3. Say sorry again and maybe do something nice for her to ease the tension
4. Another option..?
Do you have feelings for her?
Does she have feelings for you?
Reply 2
Original post by Jordanap
Do you have feelings for her?
Does she have feelings for you?

I have feelings for her. She already has a boyfriend. I told her about my feelings 3-4 months ago and she said she's got a bf, she's happy, and we can be friends.
Original post by teamfitt22
I have feelings for her. She already has a boyfriend. I told her about my feelings 3-4 months ago and she said she's got a bf, she's happy, and we can be friends.

Are you really happy being friends? It reads like you feel you deserve more as you're always there for her, that friends to you isn't enough, and you put alot more effort into this than her.

I'd say (as hard as it can be) wait for her to text you back. If she cares enough about you she will, if she doesn't then she's gone, and in the long run you're much better off for it.
Reply 4
Original post by Jordanap
Are you really happy being friends? It reads like you feel you deserve more as you're always there for her, that friends to you isn't enough, and you put alot more effort into this than her.

I'd say (as hard as it can be) wait for her to text you back. If she cares enough about you she will, if she doesn't then she's gone, and in the long run you're much better off for it.

I would be lying if I said I was really happy. And yeah you are right, I do put a lot of effort, much more than her. Of course I want more, but there is nothing I can do about it. I would rather not break contact completely and take her out of my life. If you want to know a bit more about my overall situation, please read this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2744607

Thank U
Original post by teamfitt22
I would be lying if I said I was really happy. And yeah you are right, I do put a lot of effort, much more than her. Of course I want more, but there is nothing I can do about it. I would rather not break contact completely and take her out of my life. If you want to know a bit more about my overall situation, please read this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2744607

Thank U

Your feelings towards her will torment you until you stop talking to her. Long term it is best to stop - but I think you know this already don't you?

I guess you want to cling on to what you know, what you like, probably cling on to her thinking one day she'll change her mind and realise she should be with you. But she won't. It's a bit blunt, but just ignore her and move on.

Good luck!
Reply 6
How old are you?
That sounds like an incredibly immature conversation. Threatening to stop talking unless she does something?! Ofc she had a right to be annoyed with a conversation like that.
Just apologise properly and wait it out.
Also, spelling you properly may help :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending