The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

What date can you move into halls of residence at University of Leicester?

My offer says my course starts on 29th September, does anyone know whether this is when freshers starts or do you move into halls before this date?

Could any any current students tell me what date they started in their first year also?

thank you:smile:
Reply 1
Freshers would start the week before so the week beginning on the 22nd. Most halls have you move in the weekend before freshers' week so you're looking at the 20th - 21st.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm not going to Leicester, but I'm sure you could find the answer to this on the uni's term calender (check their website?), but I'd guess a week before lectures, for freshers.

I can't think of Leicester without thinking of that C4 documentary now.
Reply 3
Original post by Kre
Freshers would start the week before so the week beginning on the 22nd. Most halls have you move in the weekend before freshers' week so you're looking at the 20th - 21st.

This is incorrect, Freshers starts on the Monday 29th September. You will be scheduled to move in on either the Saturday (27th) or Sunday (28th) depending on which accommodation you are allocated, however you can usually email them to switch if for whatever reason you can't move in on the date you're allocated. When I first moved into my accommodation two years ago, I was told to move in on the Sunday, but I emailed them as that wasn't practical for me, and they emailed back saying that I could move in on the Saturday. Hope that helps and good luck for results day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest