Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Uni accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by brigantes
you won't hear anything until your offer is unconditional

Sorry I meant unconditional, that was a fail typo on my part xD Been unconditional since April.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Ienzo
Sorry I meant unconditional, that was a fail typo on my part xD Been unconditional since April.

in that case it should be in the next few weeks! best of luck getting your top choice :smile:
Reply 42
I got an offer for Colum Hall today. What bothers me is that it's on the ground floor. Do you think that they can change it just a floor up if I call them?
Original post by vld19
I got an offer for Colum Hall today. What bothers me is that it's on the ground floor. Do you think that they can change it just a floor up if I call them?

possibly, but it's unlikely unless you have a good reason. no harm in emailing to ask though! :smile:
Reply 44
My reasons are that I do not consider the ground floor a safe place since it is very easy for burglars to break in through the window. Also, people will be able to see what I do all the time, unless there are some thick curtains. What's more is that I won't be able to leave my window open throughout the night if the weather's hot. Do you think those reasons are good :biggrin: lol
Original post by vld19
My reasons are that I do not consider the ground floor a safe place since it is very easy for burglars to break in through the window. Also, people will be able to see what I do all the time, unless there are some thick curtains. What's more is that I won't be able to leave my window open throughout the night if the weather's hot. Do you think those reasons are good :biggrin: lol

they have special windows on the ground floor so you'll be safe from burglary, plus iirc there are 24/7 security patrols. the windows on the ground floor open vertically instead of horizontally, if that makes sense? so no one will be able to climb in, and you can leave them open all night.

people will probably be able to see in your room though. idk they always have people in the ground floor rooms so it can't be that bad! i just know that they go from the top floor down when they're giving out rooms, so if you got a ground floor one it's because there wasn't anything else empty :/
Reply 46
Also, is there any way to find out whether my room will be facing the road or the park behind Colum?
Original post by vld19
Also, is there any way to find out whether my room will be facing the road or the park behind Colum?

now that i can tell you! email residences, find out which room you're in, then email colum hall directly and ask them which way it's facing. they don't have plans at the main office but the colum hall staff should know!
Reply 48
now that i can tell you! email residences, find out which room you're in, then email colum hall directly and ask them which way it's facing. they don't have plans at the main office but the colum hall staff should know!

Thanks, I will ring them directly. Ahh, and one more - are there security officers in the hall?
Original post by vld19
Thanks, I will ring them directly. Ahh, and one more - are there security officers in the hall?

just be sure to have your student number on hand when you ring them, they will def ask for it!

i think the security officers tend to patrol around outside rather than actually coming in. but security has a 24hr phone line in case you need them!
Just accepted Colum hall, anyone else living there? Going to be on the first floor!
Reply 51
Original post by katieellen
Just accepted Colum hall, anyone else living there? Going to be on the first floor!

Ground floor here, but I intend to call and ask for a floor up.
Original post by vld19
Ground floor here, but I intend to call and ask for a floor up.

i mean you never know, but i really wouldn't get your hopes up. they don't move usually people up from the ground floor
Reply 53

First floor House 1?
My mission next term is to pull someone who lives in Talybont Gate so I can go insise and see what it looks like.
Reply 55
Ok, this might be a stupid question (I'm foreign, so forgive me), but when you say "first floor" and "ground floor," do you mean the same thing, or is the first floor above the ground floor?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M_Kirk
Ok, this might be a stupid question (I'm foreign, so forgive me), but when you say "first floor" and "ground floor," do you mean the same thing, or is the first floor above the ground floor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what you call the first floor in the states is the ground floor in the uk. that is, it goes:

uk | usa
ground | first
first | second
second | third
etc | etc

erm, forgive my horrible attempt at a table. i hope that makes sense!
Reply 57
what you call the first floor in the states is the ground floor in the uk. that is, it goes:

uk | usa
ground | first
first | second
second | third
etc | etc

erm, forgive my horrible attempt at a table. i hope that makes sense!

Perfectly! Thank you! I figured as much, but I wasn't sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by krisona
First floor House 1?

I'm in flat 3! :smile:
Reply 59
I'm in flat 3! :smile:

Me too :biggrin:
Room 6

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending