The Student Room Group

Girls, would you ever hit your Husband/Partner?

Scroll to see replies

Poll is useless as from responses it's probably already 90%+ males voting.
Reply 21
I say no..
It's no use of hitting.
They will learn their lesson one day.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction!
Reply 22
Totally-
I'm not really the violent type. Upon learning that information, I'm one to curl in the corner and cry rather than lash out.
Yes, but only if he had severely aggravated me. If we were in a heated argument and he dropped an uneccessary insult I'd probably slap him, if he cheated on me I'd slap him (and probably more).
(edited 9 years ago)
I would just leave them if they behaved like that, not hit them.

Some people on this thread really need to watch Murdered by my Boyfriend. Their justification for violence is pretty much the same as Reece's (the evil guy) justification.
I would only slap if I got really, really angry I'm more of a shouter, I think I'm more likely to push
Sorry to be a killjoy (I know a lot of you are being sarcastic/messing around/trying to get a reaction) but obviously we all know that the violence discussed counts as domestic violence:

http://www.domesticviolencelondon.nhs.uk/1-what-is-domestic-violence-/1-definition.html
He can disrespect my parents all he wants. I probably would join him

He's called me bitch and I've just retaliated by calling him a ****.

If he cheats then I'll just leave him

So the answer is no. Although if he ever hits me first then I would hit him back to defend myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MidnightDream
I would only slap if I got really, really angry I'm more of a shouter, I think I'm more likely to push

What good could possibly come from you being violent/aggressive towards your boyfriend?
Original post by Technetium
Yes, but only if he had severely aggravated me. If we were in a heated argument and he dropped an uneccessary insult I'd probably slap him, if he cheated on him I'd slap him (and probably more).

If you tried do more to him he'll just stop you, there's not many guys you'd be able to totally physically overpower due to the basic biology of tetosterone increasing muscle mass.

You do get that if he hits you back, as he's perfectly entitled to do legally, he will probably break your jaw or something?
Original post by Le Nombre
If you tried do more to him he'll just stop you, there's not many guys you'd be able to totally physically overpower due to the basic biology of tetosterone increasing muscle mass.

You do get that if he hits you back, as he's perfectly entitled to do legally, he will probably break your jaw or something?

By more I meant throw him out, sabotage his life etc..:lol:

I understand that, but I'm also aware of my own strength and would therefore not give anything that I'm not willing to receive myself.
Depends on the situation. If he was being aggressive or violent at me then hell yes.

Anything else like cheating or betrayal then nah. Not worth it, I'd rather show indifference and crush him emotionally.
Oh double standards, don't you love them.
Original post by Technetium
By more I meant throw him out, sabotage his life etc..:lol:

I understand that, but I'm also aware of my own strength and would therefore not give anything that I'm not willing to receive myself.

The chances you can hit a guy as hard or harder than he can hit you are slim. He's under no obligation to measure his effort just because you can't match his strength, if you hit him full force (or even less than) he can respond with as much force as he can muster, for a guy between say 20 and 40 that's likely to be quite a lot.
If he cheated me on, maybe. In the heat of the moment after finding out, my head wouldn't be straight. If he was violent or I had protect myself from him, yes. For calling me fat? No. I would just laugh it off seeing as he is actually the fat one in the relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd probably hit him on impulse if he cheated then freak out apologizing.
Original post by FKLW
In any situation, say if he had cheated on you? Called you fat, a whore etc? Disrespected your parents?

NOTE: A playful slap is not included, I mean a slap when angry with an intent to hurt or harm him. Poll included.

Only play fighting, I would never intentionally harm him.
I used to have a psycho ex who thought it was her right to hit or react violently if she didn't get her way.

She usually avoided the face or any area that would be visible as she knew I wouldn't tell anyone about it or if someone noticed it I'd simply say it was an accident of some kind.
Of course not. It's not okay for anyone to hit anyone... Ever.
(Self-defence when being attacked is the only situation that anything physical is acceptable).

If I was cheated on, or any of the other examples given, I would be destroyed. Heart broken, a mess, definitely would be crying a lot. If I ended up angry rather than upset, I'd be shouting a lot. But no, I would not become physical.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending